[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

Hi! great guide dude, doing same stuff with raider and Wild Strike for clearing, can u help me with advice on 6-link gem to use for MS? have options with Added lightning, Ice bite (pob says both equal as 25%+) and Ele focus (more dmg but will lose schock on using MS so idk), gonna mostly use for end game bosses T15+ and shaper (can't play without Ancestral Call, its just too good for Shaper and abysses cracks)
"
Hi! great guide dude, doing same stuff with raider and Wild Strike for clearing, can u help me with advice on 6-link gem to use for MS? have options with Added lightning, Ice bite (pob says both equal as 25%+) and Ele focus (more dmg but will lose schock on using MS so idk), gonna mostly use for end game bosses T15+ and shaper (can't play without Ancestral Call, its just too good for Shaper and abysses cracks)

Hey, the premise of this build is so that you can clear and map using Molten Strike hence why I've set it up to match the pseudo Molten Strike single target / other skills for mapping builds. Also this goes through the Pathfinder ascendency to help with that. I am unsure if you want to stick with the Raider class.

In a 6L setup, I'd go with:
Molten Strike - Ancestral Call - Multistrike - Elemental Damage /w Attacks - Conc Effect - Added Lightning
"
scriv wrote:
Just wanted to say you can save a point in your PoB link (going from 113 points to 112) by doing this:
https://vgy.me/YKBSYp.png

You are correct! Thanks fam :)

I actually went down that path because I had planned on taking the Crit Strike Chance nodes there and may still do.
Small update, still trying to chase the last final memory fragment and unfortunately Elder landed on a T13 rather than T15.

Through this process of chasing the atlas (high red maps too), I went full greed with a 4x unique MF setup.

Had an Exalt drop but the biggest thing for me was that I didn't die at all through this process, actually levelled up from 92 to 93 despite not caring about levelling and playing an extremely YOLO style of facecharging into everything and delivering enemies some balls.

Lightpoacher is a really really great helm especially for mapping purposes. The constant loop of heals through Spirit Bursts just gives you that invincibility but furthermore it also plays a great role in adding to the mapping speed.

I'm keeping an eye on Yriel's Fostering atm as I have some ideas that could work using that Chest but it would be a luxury item. I'm just trying to push the boundaries as much as I can right now.
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 1, 2018, 11:34:40 AM
I tried this build and I am in love with it, however, I think that a 1 socket lightpoacher might actually be better than a 2 socket one because you can put another support gem in it to buff the nova.

This is what I'm using and I very much like the extra clear speed I get from having volley in it.
Just wanted to say thank you for this build, I'm having a lot of fun and it's the most versatile build I've played.

Just wondering what do you think of the Taming Prismatic ring?
One comment regarding the levelling items: Prismweave will give a lot more damage than Belt of the Deceiver, even when you factor in the Intimidate.
hey I was just wondering, is it worth it to try and get an wise oak if I can get the 3x bonus?
at level 72 im sorta struggling with this build i know i dont have all the same gear but for what i have its decent you have any suggestions on whats most important in the build while i level im getting nailed by t1 maps even

https://pastebin.com/7hMJtUuH

"
I tried this build and I am in love with it, however, I think that a 1 socket lightpoacher might actually be better than a 2 socket one because you can put another support gem in it to buff the nova.

This is what I'm using and I very much like the extra clear speed I get from having volley in it.

Glad you're enjoying it, I will try giving Volley a go.

BTW I stated before that the socketed Lightpoachers removes our 4L but I WAS WRONG!

I have fixed the build for what it should be:
4L on boots: Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Poacher's Mark - Onslaught/Volley
3L on weapons: Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify / Immortal Call-CWDT-Lightning Golem
2L on gloves or helm: Wrath-Ancestral Protector / Orb of Storms-Power on Charge

There wasn't a need to break the Herald of Ice and Curse on Hits combo like I said before.

"
Rwantwo3 wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you for this build, I'm having a lot of fun and it's the most versatile build I've played.

Just wondering what do you think of the Taming Prismatic ring?

Taming Prismatic is BIS only if we are absolutely trying to top out in DPS but personally I'd rather have life/crit chance/added lightning on my rings . It's soemthing I'd use if it dropped for me or if I'm still saving up for my GG rings.

"
Norky wrote:
One comment regarding the levelling items: Prismweave will give a lot more damage than Belt of the Deceiver, even when you factor in the Intimidate.

Added to levelling guide, thanks :)

"
Vylez wrote:
hey I was just wondering, is it worth it to try and get an wise oak if I can get the 3x bonus?

Wise Oak is a good choice for a damage boost if you DO NOT have your Dying Sun flask (since it's Fire over Res would render it useless). But in terms of choices Dying Sun > Wise Oak, the extra projectiles are just better for single target and clearing purposes.

"
Rippinwind wrote:
at level 72 im sorta struggling with this build i know i dont have all the same gear but for what i have its decent you have any suggestions on whats most important in the build while i level im getting nailed by t1 maps even

https://pastebin.com/7hMJtUuH

Hey so I've made changes to your passive tree, trying taking some Passive points/regret orbs and placing it like this (got an additional jewel slot, try to find something with Life/Res):

https://pastebin.com/HLWFGjb2

I'd say your gear is solid at this level. One of your rings doesn't have Life on it. Unfortunately I don't think any of the 3 Abyss jewels you're using are doing much. Prioritise Life and Attack speed.

Here's a link to help :) http://poe.trade/search/narimetomausoi

And some updates:
I finally got Elder to land on a T15 map and completed the remaining memory fragment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9f9OdVOTc&t

I'd consider the Elder fight the easiest boss especially for the Pathfinder class. The only strategy is to dodge his slam and stay in his immunity circle. The rest of the fight we can just facetank.

I tried Yriel Fostering & Carcass Jack on 6Ls over the Shroud and I just don't like it. POB gives it a theoretical more damage but I just didn't agree. I felt I downed the Guardians much quicker on the Shroud and I've said before that I feel POB undercalcs the Elemental Penetration damage. Clearing was more or less the same in their own ways - it was a choice between more AOE (Carcass) or Mobility (Shroud) and personally I think mobility wins every single time especially against boss fights. So yeah, the Shroud will stick to being BIS.

Last edited by Eathb on Jan 2, 2018, 9:40:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info