PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

Hey folks, just got recently this belt

Is there anyway I can utilize it?
Last edited by Reedgf on Mar 11, 2018, 8:07:41 AM
"
Hordearii wrote:
"
Eathb wrote:
"
Hordearii wrote:
Hey Eathb - I love the build and I'm really enjoying it so far as a second league character. I managed to get my hands on a 6L Inpulsa's with 3R 2B 1G reasonably cheap. I don't have the currency to invest into colouring it to 4R just yet, as I have some other weaker spots in my set up. My question is: What green gem would you recommend for a 6th on MS?

To be honest, none of the options look very compelling. I'm leaning towards Added Cold or Ice Bite - faster attacks seems like overkill at this point. Note: I've gone raider ascendancy for now with lyco.

3R-2B-1G is actually the most optimal setup for a Raider.

Molten Strike-WED-Multistrike-Increased Crit. Strikes-Concentrated Effect-Ice Bite.

Ice Bite/Increased Crit Strikes works since Raider can reliably generate Frenzy. Ice Bite offers more damage than Added Cold and Added Lightning at max Frenzy charges.

Is that assuming I am taking frenzy charge nodes? Because I'm finding Avatar of the Chase + Avatar of the Veil as superior for the moment for both clearing and bosses, and thus haven't invested in any frenzy nodes on the passive tree - just have 3 base cap.

Ah, in that case just stick to Added Cold Damage. I assumed you went for the Frenzy ascendency nodes so there's no need for Ice Bite Support in that case. This changes the setup abit, in that case I'd go with:

Molten Strike-WED-Multistrike-Added Lightning-Conc Effect-Added Cold. Elemental Focus replaces Added Lightning if you are NOT using an Inpulsa as your chest.

This setup is just as good as the 4R-2B setup.

"
Amberian wrote:
Hi, thx for this build!

It is my second league playing a ranger Molten core/FB (or wildstrike). I was a raider in the previous one, following Malth's build.

I wanted to try as deadeye on this one.

In both, I have realized that my clearspeed is almost equivalent if not better while using only Molten Strike. Therefore, I have been interested in your input for Molten Strike Only.

As it was aimed to be a raider, I was wondering if ppl could give a hand on the option i have to improve my build/character.

For exemple, as you could see on my character, I have still a Wildstrike setup on gloves but I really want to drop it. Not sure what gem setup i could use instead.

Other thing, sould i stay dual or swith to 1hand+shield. I was also wondering what about moving to sword+shield (with the appropriate nodes).

As a matter of fact, I have still 17 unspent skill points to use. Any help on this regard would be appriciated.

Hi, this build originally started as a pure Molten Strike build. In post #2 you'll see the pure Molten Strike setup. There are slight changes to gem setups for example we use Poacher's Mark instead of Assassin's as well as having additional links to Herald of Ice. I've actually thought a lot about going to the pure Molten Strike set-up again myself especially with Endless Munitions which paired with Inpulsa is like basically having a Carcass Jack-Inpulsa fusion.

The biggest thing with going pure MS is that at least 4R-1B is a requirement and can be difficult with chromatics. MS-Multistrike-Ancestral Call-WED-Conc Effect/Increased AOE are a must in this setup.

Your character isn't public atm so I cannot offer my opinions. Wild Strike from my experience is pretty nice and does work as a clear skill but it's not as good as Frost Blades. If there's a skill that can compete with Frost Blades for clearing in this build, it'd be Lightning Strike IMO.

"
bxb1992 wrote:
I'm feeling pretty squishy especially when running uberlab with this build. Anyone have any suggestions on how to increase survivability against traps? I am wondering if I can swap out gear+gems and turn this into a really fast uberlab farmer

Funnily enough, I spent a lot of my hours doing Uber lab farming the other day to complete this baby:

I had around ~4.9k life and I do share the concerns about the lower life pool which I am starting to feel especially with the Deadeye class. Not having a Lyco and its extra life was something that hit harder than I thought.

I found Uber lab pretty easy (lvl 85). For anyone struggling with uber lab I recommend bringing ~3 life flasks and actually taking the time to wait for your life to regen through traps as there is no vaal pact. Another thing you can do is also replace Ice Golem with Stone Golem for additional life regen. Izaro is really easy, I am able to kill him as he spawns but for those who cannot, you literally run around in circles and drop balls on him in a sequence. The biggest thing to watch for is his slam which he takes time to charge up and is a 1 shot move. While I do think this build has potential to be an Uber lab farmer, it can have issues when it comes to traps (unlike other Uber lab farming builds).

"
Reedgf wrote:
Hey folks, just got recently this belt

Is there anyway I can utilize it?

This appears to be pretty damn nice belt especially since it aids in a lot of the lower life pool that a few are having right now.

A few updates about my character: I'm taking an approach different to the Inpulsa path to not be too similar to my standard/Abyss character. Have gotten pretty lucky this league so far especially with a lot of the complaints going on about.

Highlights of my league so far are:
- Doctor card drop in Burial Chambers.
- Had Shroud drop in one of my Abyssal depths, thought about using it as a chest piece but chose to sell it for additional currency to play with Bestiary new toys.
- Successfully 6L my chest within 100 fuses.
- 2x Belly of the Beast drops.

I'm trying to build this character around blinding enemies for offensive and defensive purposes. Having 3 DPS auras up and free max power/frenzy charges is nice for QoL but I don't think it's as good as the previous setups and yes there are less survivability this time around.

I think most my gear/equipment are more or less ready for the end game except that I need to save up for a 2 socket Tombfist and an end game amulet. Also map sustain is incredibly difficult in this league and it's a slow progress to move towards there.
Last edited by Eathb on Mar 11, 2018, 11:07:59 AM
Nice build !
Do you think about :
Molten Strike - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Multistrike - Added Lightning Damage - Concentrated Effects - Damafe on full life or Element Focus ?
^^'
nice build, cleared all t15's and red elder at least, even though luckwise this league has not been very kind to me so far!

very mediocre gear and still able to clear those is exactly what i look for in a starter so it sutied me well
"
simonizen wrote:
nice build, cleared all t15's and red elder at least, even though luckwise this league has not been very kind to me so far!

very mediocre gear and still able to clear those is exactly what i look for in a starter so it sutied me well

Thank you. If you clear shaper, I'd like to put your gear in a budget setup section.

"
Power19872013 wrote:
Nice build !
Do you think about :
Molten Strike - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Multistrike - Added Lightning Damage - Concentrated Effects - Damafe on full life or Element Focus ?
^^'

Yep those are the BIS for pure dps numbers.

Elemental Focus is BIS for extra damage if you are not using Inpulsa's as a chest.
Damage on Full Life is better than Ancestral Call if you have boss gear and have been stacking on attack speed.

BTW guys, Loreweave might actually now be the BIS chest just for pure damage numbers. That looks like a pretty damn insane chest.
Last edited by Eathb on Mar 11, 2018, 10:25:17 PM
Hey, back again. I changed to deadeye spec, but should I changing the shield, I feel like I'm extremely squishy, and should I change back to inpulsa? (PS still full molten)
"
Reflow718 wrote:
Hey, back again. I changed to deadeye spec, but should I changing the shield, I feel like I'm extremely squishy, and should I change back to inpulsa? (PS still full molten)

Shield is fine. A rare dps shield that also provides life would be an upgrade over Lyco for Deadeye.

I have uploaded my first Bestiary Minotaur kill

https://streamable.com/08kre

Note that I portaled out so my friend can get the completion and also disconnected in the process but it was obvious how one way the fight is. I stacked 3 blind on hit jewels and we can see the power of Molten projectiles as the Minotaur was permanently blinded.

Also for non unique flasks I strongly recommend getting the affix "% chance to gain a flask charge when you deal a critical strike". It is so damn good with the Deadeye and you feel like a Pathfinder sometimes. You can see in the Minotaur video that my Stibnite Flask had constant recharges.

Another thing is that none of my jewels were level 20, they all had 0% quality in this fight. I know I have a decent 6L but I think it showed with my lowish dps the power of this build and that this fight could have been done on a 5L.
Last edited by Eathb on Mar 12, 2018, 1:31:06 AM
Updated the first post.

Plugged in r3dd09's twitch link to the videos section.
"
Eathb wrote:
Shield is fine. A rare dps shield that also provides life would be an upgrade over Lyco for Deadeye.

Note that I portaled out so my friend can get the completion and also disconnected in the process but it was obvious how one way the fight is. I stacked 3 blind on hit jewels and we can see the power of Molten projectiles as the Minotaur was permanently blinded.

Also for non unique flasks I strongly recommend getting the affix "% chance to gain a flask charge when you deal a critical strike". It is so damn good with the Deadeye and you feel like a Pathfinder sometimes. You can see in the Minotaur video that my Stibnite Flask had constant recharges.

Another thing is that none of my jewels were level 20, they all had 0% quality in this fight. I know I have a decent 6L but I think it showed with my lowish dps the power of this build and that this fight could have been done on a 5L.

grats on the kill, you make it look easy! There's only one thing I'd like to critique... please turn off screen shake!! It'll make your life much better, I promise :)

Surgeon's flasks are mandatory for this build, and I say that because they're cheap. You can even buy the prefix flask and craft the suffix from the menagerie.

I'll be swapping out my quicksilver flask tonight as we're not shield charging anymore.

I'm kinda upset, I had a live search for blind jewels but never found any... because I had it set to standard lol! I should be picking up some over the next few days.

With the currency I "lost" on the belt, I wont be 6 linking my chest tonight, so I'm been looking at shrouds.

I'm looking to push endgame content with this build and potentially go for a lvl 100 with it. It definitely has the potential to do it.
"
r3dd09 wrote:
"
Eathb wrote:

grats on the kill, you make it look easy! There's only one thing I'd like to critique... please turn off screen shake!! It'll make your life much better, I promise :)

Surgeon's flasks are mandatory for this build, and I say that because they're cheap. You can even buy the prefix flask and craft the suffix from the menagerie.

I'll be swapping out my quicksilver flask tonight as we're not shield charging anymore.

I'm kinda upset, I had a live search for blind jewels but never found any... because I had it set to standard lol! I should be picking up some over the next few days.

With the currency I "lost" on the belt, I wont be 6 linking my chest tonight, so I'm been looking at shrouds.

I'm looking to push endgame content with this build and potentially go for a lvl 100 with it. It definitely has the potential to do it.

You're going to be losing quite a bit of clear speed by switching to the Shroud since its effects doesn't trigger when you're clearing with Frost Blades. I think just paying the full price for Inpulsa would be worth it, it's not necessary to get 4R2B, in fact I think I'm actually having more damage with 3R3B (Molten, WED, Multistrike, Added Lightning, Conc Effect, Lightning Pen.)
Last edited by naegipetfaraoona on Mar 12, 2018, 8:53:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info