[3.2] AVP - Abyssal Volatile Poet || Now with MF option

"
lallalaus wrote:
"
Neogeo75 wrote:
What do you think about picking Assassin ascendant instead? That would free up at least one pcoc from your links. Wish I run into this thread earlier. I was running similar frenzy COC cremation build. Initially, I was following the other guy build with curse on hit setup instead. I didn’t found it useful as frenzy has a very small hit point. So I go with blasphemy instead. One more question. I’m currently linking frenzy and cremation with life leech for more survivability. Do you think it’s better to swap to GMP instead?

I honestly do not see any reason to pick Assassin, moreover 'cause having those PCoC doesn't really hurt us in any way. Assassin is fine if your only goal is to clear maps, but as soon as you start dealing with real bosses the damage start to fall off pretty hard. Moreover it does offer just damage, no QoL or secondary stuff.
An interesting choice could be an Ascendant with Assassin+something else, I personally trie Assassin+Slayer and Assassin+Inquisitor. Both felt ok, but nowhere near as powerful as the full Inquisitor version. All these versions can achieve a much higher effective crit chance, but being unable to ignore resistances is just a massive drawback. Sadly, at this moment, if you want to play any elemental crit-based skill the best choice is always Inquisitor, you can play other stuff but they are all suboptimal.

I honestly really like having GMP in that setup, it's a smoother playstyle and allows a more reliable CoC. But I also have multiple other sources of leech (Atziri's Promise, fire leech from amulet, Warlord's Mark on hit), if you haven't any other source of leech, that might be a good solution.

Thanks for the details explanation. I’m still very new at experimenting build. I was running dual curse to overcome the resistance issue. It’s probably not the best setup. That’s probably why I’m getting rekt by Elder at level 84. I also have Walord’s Mark but the Blasphemy range might be too close to support the play style. Even with the life leech gem, I found myself unable to tank in high density group like breach. Maybe it’s better to just grab WM ring and used another aura instead.
Spoiler
"
lallalaus wrote:
xHavoCx quote
"
xHavoCx wrote:
This is a pretty cool setup and I may borrow some of these ideas in my build. The link to my build's PoB is at the very bottom of this post.

imo: Find a different way to generate power charges as you can double your overall damage with another support for VD by having it in a pen by itself with 2 supports.

I like the flexibility of all those abyss jewels and you get a healthy amount of life.

Here is my build I have been using. Makes use of dual Gifts From Above for tons of damage, magic find (especially with crit gem), and some extra block brings it to 25% which doesn't hurt. They also help spamming consecrated ground directly under your feet on crit so you dont have to get hit, kill something, or use a potion for consecrated ground.

The pile of ES I use regenerates very quickly with Watcher unique jewel ES on hit Discipline and life on hit Vitality. Pair that with assortment of Cwdt spells (Firestorm, Ball Lightning) self cast cremation and of course VD/frenzy/unearth. The heal speed from this gem is absurd.

I use decoy totem to avoid big things that could 1 shot me on hard map mods (some guardian attacks for example) and most things die before they can kill the decoy totem anyway.

My Inquisitor 130k average damage per ball against shaper.
104k with critical strike chance support instead of elemental focus.

https://pastebin.com/pUNy14HL

Those are some really interesting ideas, really happy you posted them over here.
I haven't thought about the Gift from Above sinergy, but it's really nice indeed. Even though I think two are probably a bit overkill, they just pump the numbers up without actually offering much more than a single one. At that point I would prefer having a "real" ring with life and WM on hit for example.

I'm also not a huge fan of Assassin's Mark, it doesn't really offer anything more to the build and it's just outclassed by WM. Having a bit more crit chance against normal monsters is ok, but you should already 1-shot them, so it doesn't really matter; against bosses, when you would actually need more crit chance and crit damage, the curse get penalized so much from the effectivness reduction that it becomes pretty much useless.

The same reasoning applies to the links on VD. You do not really need another support gem while clearing, since you already instantly delete monsters and at that point I prefer sharing the Concentrated Effect with Bodyswap, allowing it to actually clear monsters directly on top of me (without waiting for VD to focus them).
This doesn't really matter for single target, since I take out Bodyswap anyway.
Not just that, but if you use the following setup: Uneart-GMP-Bodyswap and VD-Conc.Eff.-Ele.Focus you do not generate enough corpses to allow Cremation to proc (if the corpses are not already on the ground from dead monsters). Moreover you generate enough corpses to proc VD just once every two attacks (if corpses are not already available, obviously).

Really nice use of that Watcher's eye jewel. I would still prefer having a bigger effective life pool (with MoM) to avoid one shots, since that's what generally kills you, but it's definitely really interesting.

The damage is really good, yup. Even though it's buffed up by the "shock". With my setup, just adding a Vaal lightning trap and triggering the shock, I can hit 122.5k against Shaper, so it's not that far away as it could appear at first glance.

"
Arrensen wrote:

First, thank you for this guide. Its one of the most fun builds i have played so far in PoE.

I am curious to try the MF Version you posted, and i wonder if anyone tried farming Shaped Vaults with this build as MF (without a HeadHunter)

I haven't personally, I mostly run Shaped Atoll and Shaped Toxic Sewer. But I do not really think it matters at all which map you are farming with this build, it clears eveything with ease. If you use the Greed's Embrace body armour you can achieve the same amount of IIQ and IIR any other Windripper build would have.

Our differences come down largely to preference I think.

The second Gifts ring is for 2 things.
1. It's as much damage as a fairly well rolled Opal ring which would cost far more.
2. Rarity on drops is pretty nice
I only used 1 of them for a long time because i needed a rare ring to cover my resists. 1 ring works just fine. If I had gotten to a point where I felt too squishy I would have reverted back to a high life ring.

My reasoning for assassin's mark was simply maximizing magic find proc from gifts from above. Since I don't body swap it is easy to make sure I hit rares and other targets with it. It is very noticeable on bosses when it does not kill with a crit vs when it does. 90% rarity is not a ton but it's enough to be noticeably better than nothing.

As I just mentioned, I don't body swap often. That's because the screen movements bother my eyes after a while. In extremely linear or wide open map tile sets I still will use it for easy clear speed.

I use vaal lightning trap a lot actually. Abyss clusters, beyond bosses, map bosses, and in breaches. I toss down decoy totem, Vaal Lightning Trap, then just spam VD. Storing multiple uses which recharge pretty fast makes the trap very easy to use and have always available for tougher content.

All that said I'll probably make some adjustments based on your build.
Thank you again for your ideas!
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
"
Neogeo75 wrote:

Thanks for the details explanation. I’m still very new at experimenting build. I was running dual curse to overcome the resistance issue. It’s probably not the best setup. That’s probably why I’m getting rekt by Elder at level 84. I also have Walord’s Mark but the Blasphemy range might be too close to support the play style. Even with the life leech gem, I found myself unable to tank in high density group like breach. Maybe it’s better to just grab WM ring and used another aura instead.

Sooo this is the PoB link of your build: https://pastebin.com/ZFcbXJ85
You can see the life and also the damage are pretty low, those are the reasons why you might find yourself dying a lot.
You should change as soon as possible both rings and the amulet, you can buy rares for 5c or less that are way better; the amulet, specifically, is very very bad for this build. Very.
Gloves, boots and belt are ok to start with, they have good life and resists.
The perfect form is a nice option I also suggested in the guide, but probably it's not the best option if the rest of your gear is suffering a bit; it doesn't offer a lot of life, and it adds a "malus" to your cold resistance. You can get a 5link rare chest for few chaos with lots of life and resists, or even a 6linked one (maybe corrupted, with the right colours) for 20c or so.

Your passive tree is also pretty inefficient, you waste like 5287345987 points to get to Vaal Pact but you are never going to leech enough to make it worth. You are an Assassin too, which achieve most of his damage through power charges, but you grab just one of those.
I would suggest something like this:
Tree suggestion
Which has the same points your tree has, has more damage, more charges and a tiny bit more life. In the next few levels you can also complete the spell crit cluster (near Avatar of Fire) and the 3-points jewel along the way.
Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
Last edited by lallalaus on Jan 18, 2018, 8:23:21 AM
Any chance of checking out my build when you have some time? Been following the guide pretty closely and have loved it so far, but im starting to feel my damage fall off a little bit in the t12 maps.

I am at about 3.3 APS with frenzy up so I definetly need to get a little more attack speed that i know of. Any other possible immediate upgrades or things i should change up that you can think of? Thanks in advance!

https://pastebin.com/25fzpL1k
Last edited by ctwice23 on Jan 18, 2018, 6:40:47 PM
"
ctwice23 wrote:
Any chance of checking out my build when you have some time? Been following the guide pretty closely and have loved it so far, but im starting to feel my damage fall off a little bit in the t12 maps.

I am at about 3.3 APS with frenzy up so I definetly need to get a little more attack speed that i know of. Any other possible immediate upgrades or things i should change up that you can think of? Thanks in advance!

https://pastebin.com/25fzpL1k

Sooo let's get started.

- Your gear is pretty good, you have margin for improvement on both rings and amulet, but probably it's something you can look into later.

- You are actually at 3.8 aps full buffed (frenzy charges, attacked recently and and crit recently), which is pretty much perfect considering the bug.

- Easiest improvement is gettin a Diamond flask, buffs up your crit chance and your damage as a consequence. You can consider dropping either the life flask or the quicksilver, run few maps with one and few maps with the other and decide what you need more (I would drop both of them anyway). Since you resistances are all equal (if you drop the fire dmg/resist node in the witch area) you can also try a Wise Oak, it should give you some additional damage and survivability "for free".

- Gem levels and quality (mostly on VD) is important, your one is 19/0 so there's margin for improvement.

- Some jewels are really good, others have pretty much only life. I know at this point of the league there's not much supply of good jewels or they are very expensive, but if you have some currency to invest you can make massive upgrades over there. Remember that VD has 120% damage effectivness, so it scales really hard with those jewels.

- Your mana pool is good, but you can could achieve a bit more life for your level. You can adjust it with better jewels, but they have the same problem of the point above.

- You are missing the Uber lab points, which is kinda bad at your level. Even more 'cause this build almost 1-shot Izaro. On this topic, you choose Instruments of Virtue, which I do not really like for this specific build. That's personal preference, but consider changing into the Consacrated ground route.

- Last point, I would change few points in the passives. For your 105 points I would do something like this tree. Some routings in the templar and witch area are different, I also dropped few nodes here and there, gaining another jewel slot and a power charge. On this topic, if you can afford an Intuitive Leap (I believe it costs something like 10c), I believe it's well worth. You position it where I suggested in the guide (gear section, with the screen) and you have few more points to play with.
Last edited by lallalaus on Jan 18, 2018, 9:35:29 PM
Awesome, thanks a ton for the help. Will look into all the suggestions more in depth when i get home.
"
lallalaus wrote:
- You are missing the Uber lab points, which is kinda bad at your level. Even more 'cause this build almost 1-shot Izaro. On this topic, you choose Instruments of Virtue, which I do not really like for this specific build. That's personal preference, but consider changing into the Consacrated ground route.

I think it is worth noting that the IoV route is better for mapping, while the pious path route is safer for bossing.

When you're mapping IoV provides much more consistent attack speed. You're only on consecrated ground like 10% of the time while mapping, and you'll notice it. The slower attack speed means you're slower bodyswapping around the map.

I tried both paths and much prefer IoV - though that does mean swapping the sulphur flask for a mana flask.
"
lallalaus wrote:

Sooo this is the PoB link of your build: https://pastebin.com/ZFcbXJ85
You can see the life and also the damage are pretty low, those are the reasons why you might find yourself dying a lot.
You should change as soon as possible both rings and the amulet, you can buy rares for 5c or less that are way better; the amulet, specifically, is very very bad for this build. Very.
Gloves, boots and belt are ok to start with, they have good life and resists.
The perfect form is a nice option I also suggested in the guide, but probably it's not the best option if the rest of your gear is suffering a bit; it doesn't offer a lot of life, and it adds a "malus" to your cold resistance. You can get a 5link rare chest for few chaos with lots of life and resists, or even a 6linked one (maybe corrupted, with the right colours) for 20c or so.

Your passive tree is also pretty inefficient, you waste like 5287345987 points to get to Vaal Pact but you are never going to leech enough to make it worth. You are an Assassin too, which achieve most of his damage through power charges, but you grab just one of those.
I would suggest something like this:
Tree suggestion
Which has the same points your tree has, has more damage, more charges and a tiny bit more life. In the next few levels you can also complete the spell crit cluster (near Avatar of Fire) and the 3-points jewel along the way.

I heard your advise and change my item and respec the passive tree. I’m keeping the Le Heup for now because of the high dex requirement of the Perfect Form. I’m not sure points on heartseeker and some of the life nodes on the right of the tree is a total loss though. Having spec into the right side of the tree also let me grab the 4 acrobatics nodes. Is it not worthy for Elemental critical build? For now, I’m also not sure whether I should continue going right on the tree or go north for the dual curse node. Do I not need flammability curse considered my ascendency?
Last edited by Neogeo75 on Jan 19, 2018, 6:09:48 AM
"
Neogeo75 wrote:

I heard your advise and change my item and respec the passive tree. I’m keeping the Le Heup for now because of the high dex requirement of the Perfect Form. I’m not sure points on heartseeker and some of the life nodes on the right of the tree is a total loss though. Having spec into the right side of the tree also let me grab the 4 acrobatics nodes. Is it not worthy for Elemental critical build? For now, I’m also not sure whether I should continue going right on the tree or go north for the dual curse node. Do I not need flammability curse considered my ascendency?

You can try keeping those points then, Heartseeker and the nearby life nodes.
You should definitely respect the life/evasion cluester between shadow and ranger though, it's super inefficient; you waste 2 travel points just to get there, and the life provided is not even much. The life nodes near the templar power charge are just way better and even closer to your tree.
The only "problem" is losing some dex in the process. You should definitely consider if it's worth to keep the perfect form or sell it and buy something else with the currency you obtain from that. Just as an example, you can sell you Perfect form for at least 40c and buy a 5 link Carcass Jack for not even 30c, it would also help you with resistances and damage, while not providing a huge stress on your dex requirement.
Another option is finding another amulet, with dex implicit. That's a bit sad, 'cause I see you just bought it and it's actually pretty good, but you need to consider all the options.
You should also use a Diamond Flask and probably also an Atziri's Promise (you need one with just the 15% elemental roll, which costs 1c at most), which is also going to help you with the leech.
I also do not think it's worth going dual curse. I mean, having flammability might help you kill general monsters while mapping, but I honestly think you should have arleady enough damage for those. If you believe you need more damage for bosses, going dual curse won't help you that much, since they have very big effectivness reduction.
Last edited by lallalaus on Jan 19, 2018, 6:47:08 AM

Many thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info