[3.2] AVP - Abyssal Volatile Poet || Now with MF option

I read through all the logic on the whole "don't put Unearth and Body Swap on the same link" thing and tested it in my build, and I either don't understand or I completely disagree.. In practice with my build it goes like this:

Pen 1: Unearth, Body swap, GMP
Pen 2: VD, Conc effect, increased crits

Right-Clicks:

1. 5 corpses generated, no VD, no body swap
2. No corpses generated, 4 VD projectiles, body swap happens
No corpses remain

Result: 2 attacks to get 4 VDs and a body swap

SWITCH GEMS

Pen 1: Unearth, GMP, Increased Crits
Pen 2: VD, Body Swap, Conc Effect

Right-Clicks:

2. 5 new corpses generated, 4 VD projectiles, body swap happens
5 corpses remain

Result: 2 attacks to get 4VDs and a body swap, 5 corpses always remain on ground

How does your reasoning ever actually make any difference if you can only ever detonate 4 corpses with VD? Furthermore, this gives you a support gem on Unearth which does basically nothing for you, and removes a support link from VD which does 99% of your damage. Swapping increased crits with body swap on my VD pen halved my VD damage.

I have always used a corrupted pen with a G-G-W socket setup, and just had Unearth+GMP+Bodyswap, and then swapped Body Swap for Cremation (in the white socket) for bosses. It works perfectly fine and I've never had any DPS issues. Currently running T15 maps with no problem.

What gives?
"
joeweee wrote:
I read through all the logic on the whole "don't put Unearth and Body Swap on the same link" thing and tested it in my build, and I either don't understand or I completely disagree.. In practice with my build it goes like this:

Pen 1: Unearth, Body swap, GMP
Pen 2: VD, Conc effect, increased crits

Right-Clicks:

2. No corpses generated, 4 VD projectiles, body swap happens
No corpses remain

Result: 2 attacks to get 4 VDs and a body swap

SWITCH GEMS

Pen 1: Unearth, GMP, Increased Crits
Pen 2: VD, Body Swap, Conc Effect

Right-Clicks:

2. 5 new corpses generated, 4 VD projectiles, body swap happens
5 corpses remain

Result: 2 attacks to get 4VDs and a body swap, 5 corpses always remain on ground

How does your reasoning ever actually make any difference if you can only ever detonate 4 corpses with VD? Furthermore, this gives you a support gem on Unearth which does basically nothing for you, and removes a support link from VD which does 99% of your damage. Swapping increased crits with body swap on my VD pen halved my VD damage.

I have always used a corrupted pen with a G-G-W socket setup, and just had Unearth+GMP+Bodyswap, and then swapped Body Swap for Cremation (in the white socket) for bosses. It works perfectly fine and I've never had any DPS issues. Currently running T15 maps with no problem.

What gives?

he mentioned that only if you're using CoC to cast another spell that's not in poet's pen
"
he mentioned that only if you're using CoC to cast another spell that's not in poet's pen

Gotcha, I didn't realize that whole "never put body swap and unearth on the same link" thing was ONLY if you're using cast on crit.

Regardless, I think the whole premise of using the 5 link chest that way is a little silly. You're essentially devoting 3 gem links to automating the casting of cremation. The increased critical strikes literally only affects Frenzy projectiles, and cast on crit / cremation seems weak when you really only want cremation during boss fights, and you can simply get a pen with a white socket to swap body swap out for cremation when needed.

This setup means 90% of the time you're running VD with a missing support link, and giving up 3 gem links that could be used with frenzy so that you can auto cast a relatively low impact aoe spell.

Faster attacks on Frenzy + curse on hit would do a lot more than increased crits and casting cremation on crit.
"
joeweee wrote:

Regardless, I think the whole premise of using the 5 link chest that way is a little silly. You're essentially devoting 3 gem links to automating the casting of cremation. The increased critical strikes literally only affects Frenzy projectiles, and cast on crit / cremation seems weak when you really only want cremation during boss fights, and you can simply get a pen with a white socket to swap body swap out for cremation when needed.

This setup means 90% of the time you're running VD with a missing support link, and giving up 3 gem links that could be used with frenzy so that you can auto cast a relatively low impact aoe spell.

Faster attacks on Frenzy + curse on hit would do a lot more than increased crits and casting cremation on crit.

It's not that silly when you consider the whole thing. First of all you would have no other links available to self cast cremation (you have just 2link available in your gear). Second, either self casting cremation or putting it in a Pen results in a loss of dps on Volatile Dead in single target fights, which is still our main dps Source.
In that setup Cremation is actually supported by 4 support gems: Crit Chance, GMP, CoC (gives a more damage multiplier) and the Ele Penetration of the chest. I don't know how you could support it in a better way in any other place of the gear. Obviously the Ele Penetration is not 100% useful, since we crit pretty often and ignore resistances. Let's say it's supported by 3 gems and a half.
Not just that, but you do not need more support gems on Frenzy at all. Faster attacks is detrimental for the build if you are already at the max amount of casts per second, and It's super easy to achieve the max attack speed even without it.
We do not even need any CoH setup since we can obtain that on the rings. Which is also way better, since the ring curse gets applied by everything, not just by frenzy.
While it's true that 90% you are running VD with just 1 support gem, it doesn't really matter in the gameplay. With just that setup I vastly overkill monsters, I do not need another support gem to overkill them even more. Moreover you are actually supporting Bodyswap with Concentrated Effect, allowing it to clear every pack you jump into, without having to wait for the balls to acquire their target. Moreover, again, the damage you lose "sacrificing" a support gem slot is gained by the random proccing of Cremation.
Keep in mind that pur clearspeed come from VD, Bodyswap, Cremation and the helm's Spirit rush. If you check the videos, you can sre that many balls just stand still becausr I already cleared everything with the other spells. So it's not a big deal losing a support gem on VD.

I'm not saying that's the only way to play this build or the best one, you can experiment and try what works best for you if you do not like this setup. But myself and many other people cleared every content in the game with this build with no effort whatsoever, so it's probably not that bad to run this specific setup.
Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
Last edited by lallalaus on Jan 22, 2018, 6:48:20 AM
What do you think would be the best setup for a "light MF" to be able to run T14 vault ?

I can't run it with 2 ventor's + sadima + goldwyrm + greed's and I'm unsure what would be a good "light" version of the mf build.
For now I'm doing sadimas + goldwyrm + 1 ventor's and seem to be doing ok on vault.
"
peioe wrote:
What do you think would be the best setup for a "light MF" to be able to run T14 vault ?

I can't run it with 2 ventor's + sadima + goldwyrm + greed's and I'm unsure what would be a good "light" version of the mf build.
For now I'm doing sadimas + goldwyrm + 1 ventor's and seem to be doing ok on vault.

Yeah, sounds like a good starting point. If you manage to add the second ventor's it's probably going to help you out, but you lose WM ring so it gets a bit tricky in a t14. The less "painful" option is a Bisco's collar, but it's kinda expensive, so it depends on your budget.
derp, switched elder and shaper mods.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 22, 2018, 6:26:18 PM
Yeah, I almost have enough for bisco's collar but I'm not sure if it's worth investing that much into it.
"

What do you mean?

"
peioe wrote:
Yeah, I almost have enough for bisco's collar but I'm not sure if it's worth investing that much into it.

It's gonna pay for itself, but in the long term.. If you need something else for this build or future build you want to play, probably you can invest the currency in better stuff, but if you are already done and just want to farm 24/7 shaped vaults (or whatever map you like) it's going to be a good investment. Even more because if you do not like, you can just resell it pretty easily.
"
lallalaus wrote:
"

What do you mean?

Not a reply to anything, just removed incorrect information from my post. Would have just deleted it, but doesn't seem to be an option on these forums, so I edited it instead.

Was thinking about MF amulets but realized after the fact that shaper amulets are the only ones that can get IIQ, but they only get cold and lightning leech, not fire leech. Elder gets fire leech, but not IIQ. Bummer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info