[3.1] SelfCast Firestorm (With CwC option) - All content Done.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Something like this www.poeurl.com/bIzM

Ok look at PoB:
1)Our crit chance is so low, need to change rings, amulet or smth with with crit, but if we changed this we lose much of flat increases.
2)We lose 2nd curse, sure if we dont have xoph's with +1 curse.
3)We lose global chance to blind, when we have one curse, can put blind support in. ok
4) We lose Vaal Pact, need to buy acuity.
5)And the most important if we go for crit we have no points for taking Increased duration from tree, and it is Mandatory for sustained dps. Look here, for example we take my selfcast PoB with and without increased duration.
Spoiler

"
Doklol34 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Something like this www.poeurl.com/bIzM

Ok look at PoB:
1)Our crit chance is so low, need to change rings, amulet or smth with with crit, but if we changed this we lose much of flat increases.
2)We lose 2nd curse, sure if we dont have xoph's with +1 curse.
3)We lose global chance to blind, when we have one curse, can put blind support in. ok
4) We lose Vaal Pact, need to buy acuity.
5)And the most important if we go for crit we have no points for taking Increased duration from tree, and it is Mandatory for sustained dps. Look here, for example we take my selfcast PoB with and without increased duration.
Spoiler

None of this are actual issues / mandatory though. You use incr. crit support and Diamond Flask and crit chance is fine.

What global chance to blind? Why? From where you was getting it? You still can attach Blind Support to Oos or something.

You can adjust for curses / duration nodes, but curses are very unreliable, need extra links, get mutigated by map mods and boss have reduced curse effect, unless you heavily scale curse effect, I would not recommend getting extra curse on the tree and rely on them. Why would you even want VP though? It's awful in 3.1 You don't use it, unless you are Slayer.

Tbh, except of awesome generic leech, there is not much point to be Berserker to begin with though, isn't it?

"
SunL4D2 wrote:

None of this are actual issues / mandatory though. You use incr. crit support and Diamond Flask and crit chance is fine.

What global chance to blind? Why? From where you was getting it? You still can attach Blind Support to Oos or something.

You can adjust for curses / duration nodes, but curses are very unreliable, need extra links, get mutigated by map mods and boss have reduced curse effect, unless you heavily scale curse effect, I would not recommend getting extra curse on the tree and rely on them. Why would you even want VP though? It's awful in 3.1 You don't use it, unless you are Slayer.

Tbh, except of awesome generic leech, there is not much point to be Berserker to begin with though, isn't it?

Sure you can get flask and crit support, but how different in dps it will be...
Global chance to blind, check the gloves. I a coupe with Enfeeble is extra survivability.
You can drop extra curse if you don't want to play with it, but without inc duration we lose around 50% of sustained casting dps. And need 10 points to take it.
Why vp, you can't outleech hard incoming spam damage on good rolled red map, for example in abyss.
Why bersi? Leech sure, and it was awesome, plus you missed the 40% more. Idk maybe for crit version better way to start with Teplar or Shadow. But in this way you need to get the instance of leech and must use blasphemy-wm. and this, in turn mana reservation. And that's will be another build.

Anyway to continue this discussion must see atleast PoB calculations.

"
Doklol34 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Sure you can get flask and crit support, but how different in dps it will be...
Global chance to blind, check the gloves. I a coupe with Enfeeble is extra survivability.
You can drop extra curse if you don't want to play with it, but without inc duration we lose around 50% of sustained casting dps. And need 10 points to take it.
Why vp, you can't outleech hard incoming spam damage on good rolled red map, for example in abyss.
Why bersi? Leech sure, and it was awesome, plus you missed the 40% more. Idk maybe for crit version better way to start with Teplar or Shadow. But in this way you need to get the instance of leech and must use blasphemy-wm. and this, in turn mana reservation. And that's will be another build.

Anyway to continue this discussion must see atleast PoB calculations.

Good point about duration, it's very important for Firestorm. Still no point to use current VP on non-Slayer imo, it's just bad. Gloves? Hmmm. Yeah, extra curse is great, but I don't think it's mandatory. 40% more leech is great, but don't forget that other ascendancies give damage too and Bersy makes you take increased damage as well.

Can I see your PoB setup first to check what were keypoints of the build?

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 31, 2017, 10:27:35 AM
Man, do you even read the guide? First row after intro contain PoB link on Selfcast. In Tree section you can see two different trees depend on vp. Also you can check the PoB link on CwC.
No 40% more leech, 40% more damage. And i never say that gloves is mandatory, shaper's gloves with blind is a very good option that add more survivablity. Mandatory is increased duration nodes.
"
Doklol34 wrote:
Man, do you even read the guide? First row after intro contain PoB link on Selfcast. In Tree section you can see two different trees depend on vp. Also you can check the PoB link on CwC.
No 40% more leech, 40% more damage. And i never say that gloves is mandatory, shaper's gloves with blind is a very good option that add more survivablity. Mandatory is increased duration nodes.

You made it unclear where PoB link is. It deserves separate line like Gear, Passive tree, etc. etc. Yes, it was typo. You can keep this Shaper's Gloves though.

You are right. I expected much larger damage with crit version, but PoB numbers actually dissapoint, even though tree is fine imo http://poeurl.com/bIBM I even input 3 stat crit multy Jewels and used Voidbringer for a lot of crit. I am not sure why Firestorm should be exception and work better with non-crit version *shrugs*
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 31, 2017, 12:18:10 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

You are right. I expected much larger damage with crit version, but PoB numbers actually dissapoint, even though tree is fine imo http://poeurl.com/bIBM I even input 3 stat crit multy Jewels and used Voidbringer for a lot of crit. I am not sure why Firestorm should be exception and work better with non-crit version *shrugs*

No idea what is fine in this tree, only crit and multi, no flat spell or fire. For crit version it can be something like this https://pastebin.com/8AsseV06 in PoB is so close to non-crit version, but dps is lower. So as I said at first, the non-crit seems better.
And thank you for saying about links, i do they more visible.
Last edited by Doklol34 on Jan 1, 2018, 8:22:47 AM
"
Doklol34 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

No idea what is fine in this tree, only crit and multi, no flat spell or fire. For crit version it can be something like this https://pastebin.com/8AsseV06 in PoB is so close to non-crit version, but dps is lower. So as I said at first, the non-crit seems better.
And thank you for saying about links, i do they more visible.

You shouldn't take spell damage / elemental damage on the tree for crit version though. Multy / chance is much stronger. At least this fairs for all the remaining skills in the game. *shrugs*
Hey OP, your Passive Tree (with VP Version) seems broken. could you please check that? :)
"
Shoxxx wrote:
Hey OP, your Passive Tree (with VP Version) seems broken. could you please check that? :)

Updated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info