[3.1] SelfCast Firestorm (With CwC option) - All content Done.

Marauder ascendancy was nerfed for spellcasters in 3.2 then i don't recommend to start this version of build!

Before waiting to relesae patch notes i have some thoughts about 3.2.
Marauder's leech was nerfed and now rip as as spellcaster. But i think build will work, now we can make it with Inquisitor, Scoin, Elementalist.
Here is the fast Templar - Inqiusitor overview.

Pob Link: https://pastebin.com/LHnUZGUe

Pros - Cons
+Hit damage near the same.
+More cast speed. 0,22s cast time instead of 0,31
+We lose 10% inc damage taken.
+We get 8% reduced elemental damage taken
+Lot of Mana and Hp regen on consecrated ground.

-Must drop Vaal Pact. Need to see at endgame.
-Lose life\mana leech, adn i think we need any source of this, like elder's ring with WmOnHit.
-No dexterity.

Hello guys. When i start playing poe long time ago, i made my first character with selfcast Firestorm and MoM, and he can't kill anything except normal atziri. In this league i try to do the same, but with option to kill some content. And what we have now...
Ah, also sorry for my english :)

Added the CwC Section and some videos

Here quick PoB link on my character.
And here is a link on Firestorm Damage Calculator

My stats

3.1 Abyss. In Ho with Flame golem and Anger.

Tree

There can be 2 different trees, with and without Vaal Pact.
Tree with VP is better for high endgame content: red tier maps, bosses. With this we have lower hp but take the Vp and can start outleech more taking damage.
Tree without Vaal Pact is much better as Starter tree, on white and yellow maps, and especially for uber lab farm beacuse we will keep regeneration.
With Vp Lvl 92.
Without Vp Lvl 90

Bandits

Kill all, take two points.

Pantheon

Major
For general mapping i use Soul of Lunaris
For Hard solo bosses like Shaper\Guardians Soul of Solaris

Minor
For general mapping Soul of Gruthkul
For Elemental reflect Soul of Yugul also it's best option for Atziri\UAtziri runs, coz she have some reflect and it help us don't get out of mana.
For Hard Phys bosses then i can tank, take Soul of Tukohama. And this is a best option if you play without Vp and for uberlab.

Ascendancy

Gear

Weapon

Pledge, best staf for this build, we have spell echo, up to 160 inc spd, and a lot of mana.

Body

Kaom give us tons of hp, and some fire damage.
Before you getting kaom, you can wear any rare chest with Hp and needed resistances.

Boots

Any rare boots with Hp and Res.

Gloves

In 3.1 we get some interesting nods on rare items called as "Shaped or "Elder" so if you can try to find any rare gloves with "Socketeg gems are supported by #LvL Blind\#% to global chance to blind enemies on hit" and , if possible with "Cast speed support, global cast speed" like on my. Dont forget it's a Shaped gloves and two this mods is two suffixes. This is the best for survival.
Alternative, Any rare gloves, Fingerless gloves, or Volkuur's Guidance with flat fire.

Helmet

Hrimnor's Resolve Hp, resistances, fire damage and immunity to freeze. (Firestorm, fire golem, flame dash are fire skills)

Belt

Rare belt with hp and res, new stygian vises seems very good.

Rings

We need one unique ring Essence worm to put Anger in.

Second ring can be rare with hp, res, needed stats like dex, or good opal ring.

Amulet

Pure endgame is sure, xoph's blood, he is very expensive in this league, and i recommend, when you dont have enough currency, to buy:

My first uber atziri in this league i killed with ngamahu.

My gear

tip

Start with atleast 5l Pledge, then cap your ressist and buy ngamahy and hrimnor(if you don't have it), after this looks for kaom, when you buy it, take better rares, gloves, jewels.

Jewels

Regular jewels. Hp/Damage/Cast speed.

How to find?
Regular Jewel
Abyss jewel. Hp/Flat fire/Penetra

Find Here.
Abyss jewel

Also we need one.

And this new jewel greatly boost our dps.

Need with Fire penetration while affected by anger up to +15%. If you can get like this, you can use lvl 1 clarity with blood magic, and get the chance to gain some bonus mana on every cast. Not recommend to take "# damage taken from mana while affected by clarity". It;s not a mandatory, but if you can get this it will be good.

Gems and links

Main link in pledge.
For mapping, swap Chance to ignite for

4l For boots or gloves. If you get Shaped gloves put it in.

Put in Essence Worm.

Another 4l option. Keep Arcane surge on 7 lvl, you gain Arcane surge buff on every cast Golem or Flame dash. About golems, you can take Fire, he gives some increased dps, Lightning, he give Cast Speed, but required some dexterity, or Stone golem with regen, if you play without VP. Decoy totem helps us on some deadly bosses or Uber Copies.

2l helps us to get fortify and be more tankable.

And in two other links you can put Clarity with Bloodmagic (If you have Elder's Jewel). Or Vaal lightning trap for bosses like Atz\Uatz. Or what you want.

Flasks

For general mapping with xoph's blood

If you don't have xoph's blood you can take the Atziri's Promise, instead of Sulphur or Wise oak (depend on your resistances)

Here is the Editable Wise Oak Calc you can check here how many resistances you need in different situations on your character.

More add soon

Enchantment

Boots
-Best enchant for bosses: Damage penetrates 10% of elemental resistances if you haven't kill recently. (I did 40+ runs half of them with doubl ench. srnie and still dont have this.)
-Second: Add 1-160 Lightning damage if you haven't kill recently.
Helmet
Here we have 3 enchants.
-Increased firestorm duration. Best for Sustaining dps.
-Increased firestorm secondary explosion. Increased numbers of meteors which can hit at one cast
-Increased firestorm damage.
I recommend to have duration or explosion enchant.

Leveling

35pts tree
61pts tree
90pts tree

Ok, lets some talk about leveling. Sure if it not the first your character, you can take items like:

But without this, leveling is not so hard.
Start, take Heavy strike then take Ruthless from chest, after completing Enemy at the gate take Molten strike as reward and buy Cleave from vendor, cleave requires Swords or Axes don't forget it. You must use cleave for trash clearing and molten strike for bosses. If you need some dexterity for swords, you must buy any Jade amulet(Same for int).
After completing the Mercy Mission buy Onslaught and link it with your Cleave.
When you turn in Breaking Some Eggs take Ancestral Protector.
After completing the Caged Brute take Added fire damage.
Then you comes to Merveil quest The Siren's Cadence after completing you can buy you'r first Firestorm from vendor. Potentially we can start using Firestorm, but we dont have Int for it, so i recommend use Cleave and MS further.

Come to Act2.
After completing Sharp and Cruel quest you have two different ways. If this is your first character or you cant get needed gems from guildmates, friends, or buy it from Siosa, you must level with Cleave and Molten strike before you do the Siosa quest and get access to all gems.
Otherwise now you can use firestorm (Buy int amulet from vendor if you need).
Firestorm-Controlled Destruction-Elemental Focus - Faster casting(Trash)\Concentraded Effect(Bosses)
Also in A2 you can take Melee physical damage or\and Faster attacks, Herald of Ash for melee, or Herald of Storm if you now play with Fs.
You can wear
or any good rare wand or opal sceptre.

In Act3 you must buy Anger and Flammability, you can activate anger if you are not afraid some mana troubles and use Flammability with selfcast on bosses.
Complete Siosa, buy needed gems, here you can buy Flame dash Arcane surge or sure what you need.

Act4 Here we get Golem (I love fire golems, idk why) Take Stone or Fire. Here we get also Spell echo and Curse on hit. Can start using Flammability with Orb os Storms if you want and Swap Faster Casting For Spell Echo.

A5-A10
Go further with tree, looks for best rares, and if you have currency you can buy the following:

LVL 36

LVL 38

LVL 55

Note. Don't take Mind over Matter before you getting Pledge of Hands, it not need before you go for maps. For useng this, you, sure, need completed atleas first labyrinth with taken Leech, and take possible mana nodes from tree.

Scorching Ray CwC Here

Quick Pob Link.
I dont like CwC as playstyle but it's sure viable. For the CwC version we need to swap weapon for something like this:

So best weapon for CwC is a rare staff with +3 of socketed gems.
Links in, will be:

For mapping swap Conc Effect for

And we need some small changes on Tree
In this setup we don't need a much Cast speed, so we drop 3 cast speed points and can take more Hp or another jewel. And change one small point before the Explosive impact.
Also for this we don't need Jewels with cast speed. Take more Spell damage, Fire damage, Area damage. Or equip the Abyss Jewels with flat fire.
Don't worry about the +3 Staff, you can do all content up to guardians even with +2 staff. This will be easy to obtain from craft with any white 6l staff (Implicit must be Block) and Rage Essence.

My opinion for this
̶I̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶C̶w̶C̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶s̶t̶y̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶y̶?̶ ̶ ̶W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶G̶G̶G̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶r̶f̶e̶d̶ ̶V̶a̶a̶l̶ ̶P̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶l̶e̶e̶c̶h̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶a̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶o̶r̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶s̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶g̶u̶a̶r̶d̶i̶a̶n̶s̶б̶ ̶(̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶r̶o̶l̶l̶)̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶c̶h̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶F̶i̶r̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶s̶u̶s̶t̶a̶i̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶p̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶c̶a̶s̶t̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶e̶n̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶n̶s̶.̶ ̶(̶S̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶r̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶P̶a̶n̶t̶h̶e̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶j̶o̶r̶)̶ ̶W̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶S̶e̶l̶f̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶m̶m̶o̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶(̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶r̶c̶a̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶g̶e̶)̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶ ̶O̶r̶b̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶S̶t̶o̶r̶m̶s̶.̶
̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶c̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶m̶,̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶C̶w̶C̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶c̶o̶r̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶F̶i̶r̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶m̶.̶
̶S̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶p̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶d̶k̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶C̶w̶C̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶S̶e̶l̶f̶c̶a̶s̶t̶.̶
I will add some videos.

After i played some time with this, i can say, it works very well even with +2 staff.

-Updated Leveling,Cwc,Pob
-Small bugs fixed
Last edited by Doklol34 on Feb 28, 2018, 11:50:24 AM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2018, 9:51:58 PM
Looks interesting, been looking for a viable self-cast Firestorm build for a while, might give this a whirl =)
Yeah it looks great, but very hard for leveling with merauder. But nice job mate.
Not so hard, i level this build sa starter, i do the small update to level section.
Nice build. Love PoH.
Git R Dun!
Looks interesting. i want to try this.
Added the CwC Section and some videos.

Happy new year, Exiles.
I feel like crit version in Pledge of Hands would be simply insane...
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Not so easy to make a crit version with marauder and pledge, i've tried the different in PoB, and the crit version could exist with Duskdawn and old Vp. In the current situation I see only non-crit Fs with marauder, but if you have any specific suggestions, please write them.
"
Doklol34 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Not so easy to make a crit version with marauder and pledge, i've tried the different in PoB, and the crit version could exist with Duskdawn and old Vp. In the current situation I see only non-crit Fs with marauder, but if you have any specific suggestions, please write them.

What is specific reason it won't work though?

Something like this www.poeurl.com/bIzM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info