[3.4] 4 6L Solar Guard Spectres + 3-5 7L Flame Golems | Fast Clear | Melt Bosses | Tank | Cheap

INTRODUCTION

To clear maps I shield charge past everything and the Spectres and Flame Golems take care of everything and for bosses I swap out GMP for slower projectiles and bosses melt. Clear speed is literally how fast you can shield charge.

This build is very tanky with 7.5k hp at level 99, high physical mitigation and block especially with Rumi's flask running, arctic armour, enfeeble, and temporal chains. You also have the option to run MoM if you don't mind managing a mana potion. I personally don't like MoM because I prefer a laid back play style and had a few situations where I died because I couldn't shield charge.

Gear
Spoiler

If you cant find the exact same helmet or cant afford one, buy a helmet with two out of the three rolls. Another cheap option, although not as good as the 2 roll helm, would be to buy gloves with slower projectiles and faster casting on them (1c). If you went with the gloves I'd run it with Flame Golems, GMP, Spell Echo, Minion Damage.

Examples:

My next purchase is going to be Null and Void gloves for the free Rampage. I'd be sacrificing a curse to do so but this build is a lot more fast and fun with Rampage. I used to run Ahn's Heritage along with a Wyrmsign and 2 Fragility jewels for free Rampage and Onslaught. This setup was hands down the fastest for map clear. I ran this setup early on in the league and solo carried Poorjoy rotas. This setup had 6.2k hp.

I tried corrupting a bunch of Wyrmsigns for Temp Chains or Ele Weakness on hit but to no avail.

Done for the season (36 achievements and way more currency than I need). Final Gear
Spoiler

7.4k hp at level 98
"

Magic Find - Running Haste + Purity of Elements - Can run Biscos if you don't run haste (low dex) and make up for resist elsewhere (probably better ventors). Would not recommend Biscos unless if you have Zana 8 for Breach. Used this setup for red map Elder farming.
"

How to start this build while being poor or as a league starter
Spoiler
Buy a Tabula, Bones of Ullr boots, get the +1 Spectre node in passive skill tree, and buy a level 18-20 desecrate. If the level 20 desecrates are too expensive just buy a level 18 desecrate and buy a +2 to socketed chaos gems shield. Goto A8 Solaris temple and raise Solar Guard Spectres using desecrate (make sure Spell Echo is off and hold 'A' to highlight dead monsters). Then find a Shaper Realm portal, and if you cant just buy a Oba's Cursed Trove and goto the last room. Raise t17 Spectres from the Shaper Realm or Oba's and those 3 Spectres should be enough to do up to t15s.

It should cost you about 1.2 exalt to incorporate flame golems later on. About 1 exalt for the jewels, 10c for a helm with two of the rolls, 6c for a 20/20 flame golem gem.

Lab Enchants
Spoiler
"
Sensylis wrote:
so, to sum up - we should aim for this enchtants listed below?

Boots
- 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
- Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently

Gloves
- Commandment of Ire
- Commandment of Light
- Commandment of Thunder

Helmet
- Spectres have 40% increased Damage
- Spectres have 12% increased Attack and Cast Speed
- Flame Golems have 40% increased Damage
- Flesh Offering grants an additional 21% increased Attack Speed

Flasks
Spoiler

The only required flasks are 1-2 insta health pot and a flask with bleed immunity. I highly recommend a flask with curse immunity. A quicksilver and onslaught flask is also highly recommended for faster clear speed.

Keep a Catalysed Hallowed Hybrid Flask for no regen maps.

Links
Flame Golem:
Spoiler

Abyss helmet affixes/suffixes: +2 Minion, Conc effect, Minion damage
Gems: Flame Golem, GMP, Spell Echo, Elemental Focus

"
If you cant find the exact same helmet or cant afford one, buy a helmet with two out of the three rolls. Another cheap option, although not as good as the 2 roll helm, would be to buy gloves with slower projectiles and faster casting on them (1c). If you went with the gloves I'd run it with Flame Golems, GMP, Spell Echo, Minion Damage.

Spectres (Solar Guards):
Spoiler
Spectre, controlled destruction, gmp, minion damage, ele focus, spell echo

For single target replace GMP for slower projectiles or pierce. I prefer pierce because everything melts anyways and it allows you to offscreen bosses. You can also replace enfeeble with Flamability or Projectile Weakness.

Incorporating Zombies and/or Vaal Skeletons
Spoiler
For those wanting to go the extra mile and incorporate Zombies and/or Vaal Skeletons, simply get a Hungry Loop ring to run a 5l setup. I personally don't like running zombies or animate guardian because they are a pain to recast and don't seem to do much even in a 4l setup. I have yet to test the effectiveness of a 5L Vaal Skeletons on bosses.

THE NEW OP STRAT!?!?!?
In theory running a Zombie setup with "minions have % chance to taunt on hit with attacks" Abyss jewels may be OP, but I haven't tested this out as well. I imagine you can just desecrate and spam Raise Zombie on bosses and the bosses will be perma taunted.

Passive Tree

Leveling Passive Tree
Spoiler
Level with dual wield sunder. From my experience it is the smoothest and fastest way to level. You also get more than enough respec points from quests to spec out of sunder later on. You can get more damage nodes than the tree below but it will cost you regret orbs.

https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAGcACwMAADDfsJLBjr4RLXyD6-6a4EWdU1Iy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B9o8q9sC2HGrq4-Z5vkUVBH7w48LYPMtz7-Cti9g18c3I8al3koKotPFCCAinYr903E9nKp9zJ82Z5Xdn9-4ITEe4wAAAAAAA==

Auras
Spoiler
No MoM: Haste, Arctic Armour
With MoM: Haste in Essence Worm ring, Clarity. You may need to equip non-curse gloves and amulet to make up for the resists. Also have a hybrid flask on you.

If you wish to run Anger, make sure it is linked to Generosity, otherwise it will mess up your Elemental Equilibrium. In party play where there is someone running Anger, I usually spec out of Elemental Equilibrium.

Bandits & Pantheon
Spoiler
Bandits: Kill All
Pantheon: Soul of Solaris, Soul of Ryslatha

Jewels
Spoiler

1 unique jewel for Spectres. 4 required unique jewels for flame golems. The rest of the jewel slots should have life + flat cast speed + minion damage if you used a minion skill recently. If you can't afford these jewels a cheaper option would be the last jewel. Normal jewels are also very good with 6-7% life and minion damage.

Curses
Spoiler
I run ball lightning linked with curse on hit, enfeeble, elemental weakness. I bought vaaled gloves that have temporal chains on hit and get the +1 curses from a vaaled amulet and the passive node.

You also have the option of swapping out enfeeble with Flammability. While running Flammability your ball lightning applies -138 fire resist to enemies (44 from Elemental Weakness, 44 from Flammability, 50 from Elemental Equilibrium). Keep in mind Guardians and Shaper have 80% less curse effect and other bosses have 60% curse effect. Because of this, Projectile Weakness is another good choice for the knockback. The knockback increases your survivability by alot.

Running Tri-curse is OPTIONAL. If you wanted to run single curse, I'd opt for elemental weakness or projectile weakness.

Shield charging and using ball lightning on a monster also prompts your minions to target the monster.

Other thoughts
More about spectres:
Spoiler
You get solar guards from a8 Solaris Temple. For lower level people with low level desecrate you can use a +2 chaos gem shield so you can raise high level spectres. If you can't find a Shaper's Realm portal you can buy a Oba's Cursed Trove for ~7C and Raise Spectres in the last room. The last room is the same ilvl as Shaper's Realm. If your really poor, once your in the last room you can sell portals for other people to raise spectres for 1-2C on ./trade 820.

About MoM:
Spoiler
You can definetly run MoM. I did for a while but got tired of managing a mana potion and I was way tankier than I needed to be so I opted to run Haste and Arctic Armour instead. You aren't quite as tanky but Haste really helps clear speed by increasing your shield charge speed.

About Elemental Equilibrium:
Spoiler
I use ball lightning and shield charge to proc Elemental Equilibrium so monsters have reduced fire resist. For bosses I like to ball lightning, shield charge twice, and ball lightning again. Make sure one of your jewelry or jewels have flat cold or lightning damage on it so your Shield Charge procs EE. Make sure none of your gear or jewels has flat fire damage on it! Also be mindful in party play. If your playing with a wander for example and know the wander does mostly lightning damage, you can swap out Ball lightning for freeze pulse and pop in the FP threshold jewel First Snow so your EE benefits the wander and yourself.

Map Mods:
Spoiler
This build can do any map mod except Elemental Reflect. For no regen I run a hybrid HP and Mana flask, and for elemental weakness maps you have the option of running Purity of Elements instead of Haste.

Last edited by ivanius on Sep 12, 2018, 4:07:15 AM
Last bumped on Jun 12, 2019, 8:34:21 AM
I just can't seem to find the bandits ?!
Last edited by LeAndroPlayZ on Dec 25, 2017, 10:08:30 AM
"
LeAndroPlayZ wrote:
I just can't seem to find the bandits ?!

Kill All
With all due respect, I don't get that idea. It would make more sense to me if you would run TV instead of SG (I know you mentioned TV in the guide). SG is more than enough for clear speed, you don't need flame golems at all, they are simply redundant. What is more, SG is also enough for single target, including all end game bosses, skullhead provides you 2% life regen for minions and that makes them much more tanky in Shaper and guardian fights. It's just my personal opinion, initially when ppl started talking about this hybrid (golem/spectre) I thought it's a great idea, but after giving it a few thoughts it just does not make any sense (unless you want to run TV and keep some decent clear speed by using golems).
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 26, 2017, 4:19:16 AM
"
ojejku wrote:
With all due respect, I don't get that idea. It would make more sense to me if you would run TV instead of SG (I know you mentioned TV in the guide). SG is more than enough for clear speed, you don't need flame golems at all, they are simply redundant. What is more, SG is also enough for single target, including all end game bosses, skullhead provides you 2% life regen for minions and that makes them much more tanky in Shaper and guardian fights. It's just my personal opinion, initially when ppl started talking about this hybrid (golem/spectre) I thought it's a great idea, but after giving it a few thoughts it just does not make any sense (unless you want to run TV and keep some decent clear speed by using golems).

Solar guards is definately enough to clear but with SG alone, you won't clear everything by just shield charging through everything. You'd have to stop. From my experiences bosses don't melt with SG alone. More clear speed and kill bosses faster, why not? It's about min-maxing map clear speed which is meta. And from your arguement you might as well run a 5L spectre setup, it is enough to do all end game content. You sacrifice 4 jewel sockets to get a full Flame Golem setup in your spectre build so I'd say it is more than worth it.

A skull head that makes your minions a tiny bit tankier vs 3-5 flame golems that provide a huge DPS boost, cmon. A skull head isn't going to save your minions from dieing also, the 2% regen is nothing especially when the minions already have leech. The only thing that can kill your minions is huge insta burst damage which 2% regen and 300 armour will not have any effect. I would recommend wearing a rare bone helm over a skullhead.

Also I wasn't joking about shield charging through a map to clear it, you literally hold down your shield charge and do flesh offering from time to time.
Last edited by ivanius on Dec 26, 2017, 5:31:35 AM
Take a look into Matt topic with laser SG, at first post, there is a gif showing how he's clearing with shield charge without stopping for a sec. I won't post it here, just take a look and tell me isn't that already what you are saying? I'm zipping like on that gif, I can't imagine playing faster, it's already on the vaal fireball level it used to be months ago. He's tree is also speed oriented with much more attack speed for shield charge than you have.

Moreover, instead of putting all golem jewels you can also use abyss jewels with triple cast speed boost to your minions (that makes SG so much better) and do not underestimate this skullhead buffs, it makes a big difference, it's not a tiny difference. I'm not saying it's the only right choice, just mentioned it.

By all means, I'm not saying it's all wrong, I just don't see any significant difference with all those investments.
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 26, 2017, 5:53:41 AM
Yeah don't listen to that guy ;).

Your on the right track, I am working on something very similar. The thing with just spectre and shield charging is the issue of cleanup. You end up leaving a few mobs behind and the flame golems can provide extra clear with the might jewel.

The helmet makes it so you can have 7l or even 8l flame golems.

+2/3 , min dmg, conc, and if you manage to toss in a horror essence. 30% more elemental dmg.

Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
ojejku wrote:
Take a look into Matt topic with laser SG, at first post, there is a gif showing how he's clearing with shield charge without stopping for a sec. I won't post it here, just take a look and tell me isn't that already what you are saying? I'm zipping like on that gif, I can't imagine playing faster, it's already on the vaal fireball level it used to be months ago. He's tree is also speed oriented with much more attack speed for shield charge than you have.

Moreover, instead of putting all golem jewels you can also use abyss jewels with triple cast speed boost to your minions (that makes SG so much better) and do not underestimate this skullhead buffs, it makes a big difference, it's not a tiny difference.

By all means, I'm not saying it's all wrong, I just don't see any significant difference with all those investments.

Well in the gif a yellow monster gets left behind and he kills it when he turns back around. Also I don't know what tier that map is and what mods the map has. Also try playing without the skullhead. Your minions won't die unless if your carrying someone's messed up minataur run and there are rocks falling everywhere.

If you want to go pure spectres thats fine but if you want to take your build to the next level, i'd highly reccomend incorporating flame golems. But I do agree spectres alone is enough but spectres + golems imo is way stronger. I can also see that other people agree too because all the helms on poe.trade are all bought up since I posted this. If you cant find one or afford one you can just get one with 2 of the 3 stats.
Last edited by ivanius on Dec 26, 2017, 5:58:40 AM
I know, that nothing can really help with HKOs :) skullhead just helps against DoT damage, like Shaper vortex on the ground and that kind of things.

I saw Matt posted here as well, saying I'm wrong as well so I guess I'm done here ;)

Anyway, as I said, I just can't see the justification for all the investments you need to make to carry golems as well, if you care about those few mobs left behind, then go ahead. Vaal fireball in it's prime was also leaving some mobs on the maps, to be honest each speed oriented meta build never cared about leaving 0 mobs on the map, just saying.

I'll keep an eye on this topic, maybe I will change my mind in the future.
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 26, 2017, 6:00:51 AM
"
mattc3303 wrote:
Yeah don't listen to that guy ;).

Your on the right track, I am working on something very similar. The thing with just spectre and shield charging is the issue of cleanup. You end up leaving a few mobs behind and the flame golems can provide extra clear with the might jewel.

The helmet makes it so you can have 7l or even 8l flame golems.

+2/3 , min dmg, conc, and if you manage to toss in a horror essence. 30% more elemental dmg.

Thanks Matt. And it would be crazy if you could get i think immolate as a roll on your helm as well. My next move is to get the Null and Void gloves, from my experience Rampage increases the clear speed by alot and it makes the build way more fun.
Last edited by ivanius on Dec 26, 2017, 6:10:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info