[3.8] Dual Grelwood Shank Molten Strike Juggernaut

If you have high enough Dex (although hard to come back with Passive Tree on Marauder), can go for dual Daresso Passion. (130 Dexterity requirement is a pain)

Usually I just brute force it with Cauteriser (2-handed unique), then switch to Scaeva at lvl 60.
What do you think of the new combustion support instead of ele focus?
"
Vuxra wrote:
What do you think of the new combustion support instead of ele focus?

Well, mathematically:

(All gems are lvl 20)
100 Fire Damage
Against enemy with 50% elemental resist

Elemental Focus(49% more elemental damage, cannot inflict burning):
100 * 1.49 * 0.5 = 74.5

Combustion Support(29% more fire damage , -19% fire resist for enemy inflicted burning by you)
100 * 1.29 * 0.69 = 89.1 (include some minimal burning damage)

Fire Penetration Support(37% fire penetration)
100 * 0.87 = 87 (include some minimal burning damage)

Against enemy with 94% elemental resist (overcapped by map modifier)

Elemental Focus
100 * 1.49 * 0.25 = 37.25

Combustion Support
100 * 1.29 * 0.25 = 32.25

Fire Penetration Support
100 * 0.62 = 62

Against enemy with 30% elemental resist (Shaper / Guardian)

Elemental Focus
100 * 1.49 * 0.7 = 74.5

Combustion Support
100 * 1.29 * 0.89 = 114.81 (include some minimal burning damage)

Fire Penetration Support
100 * 1.07 = 107 (include some minimal burning damage)

Against enemy with 0% elemental resist

Elemental Focus
100 * 1.49 = 149

Combustion Support
100 * 1.29 * 1.19 = 153 (include some minimal burning damage)
Notice :
Enemy damage taken is consider More damage that only additive with other source of damage taken.
For example, enemy covered in ash = 20% more fire damage taken
Enemy has -20% fire resist = 20% more fire damag=e taken
Enemy total damage taken = (20%+20%)=40% more fire damage taken

Fire Penetration Support
100 * 1.07 = 107 (include some minimal burning damage)

Conclusion :
Combustion support is pretty busted and win against Elemental Focus support in almost all occasion unless the mobs is extra buffed on elemental resist. ( > 75% elemental resist ), which Fire penetration support excels at (no surprise).

Combustion fire resist reduction will only happen if you ignite enemy with skill it linked to (in this case Molten Strike), so the first few strikes may have less damage.

Igniting enemy deal some damage but igniting monsters will sometime make them flee which is annoying.

For enemy with low fire resist, use Combustion support. (Unless you proc Combustion support fire resist reduction from other sources like CWDT = fire spell)
For enemy with high fire resist (map buffed/rare mobs), use fire penetration support.

Thanks for reminding me though, updating guide.
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Jun 6, 2018, 5:38:41 AM
been trying this build out
one thing i will say i changed that i feel is much better
i dont use cwdt and ic on jugg lose endurance charges for all the buffs they get breifly
i put cwdt + firestrom + life on hit + combustion so i get fed life while debuffing around me
has worked well for me so far
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
RitualMurder wrote:
been trying this build out
one thing i will say i changed that i feel is much better
i dont use cwdt and ic on jugg lose endurance charges for all the buffs they get breifly
i put cwdt + firestrom + life on hit + combustion so i get fed life while debuffing around me
has worked well for me so far

Just realised Combustion support fire resist reduction can be inflicted with other sources, thanks for reminding.

I only use CWDT + IC combo when I use Unstoppable instead of Unyielding, when I am wearing rare boots for resists at league start or death's door for bleed immunity.

For Kaom's Roots + Unyielding though, I avoid using CWDT + IC too

Thanks for that CWDT idea!
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Jun 6, 2018, 6:01:37 AM
nice
I went with lvl 1 cwdt + blood rage + ic. I use it to proc arakaali pantheon increased recovery if you stopped taking damage over time. Its pretty awesome for lab traps. This works extremely well for speed clearing. 100% uptime blood rage gives me frenzy charges for more damage and speed. When coupled with rotgut, i get 6 seconds of onslaught for even more speed and damage.

My Ice Golem with combustion support can ignite and apply the fire resist debuff on enemies (because of anger aura). So if i run a 4 link cwdt-icegolem-combustion-firestorm, can i swap out combustion support with fire pen support on the main 6 link?

Which skill points should i go for now? My character is Blitzy_Dual_Grelwood_MS
Spoiler
1. Is the jewel socket bottom right of "iron grip" worth the 3 points?
2. Is taking combat stamina even worth it?
3. Is Razor edge (60% phys damage) or By the blade (48% phys damage + 10% accuracy + 16% evasion) better or take both?
4. Should I just take all the remaining 5% life nodes instead?
5. Im saving at least 2 points for speccing into "cloth and chain" when i get my hh.

Does having more melee range "Razor's edge" + "Master of the arena" provide more qol when mapping? Will it increase my ac's reach? Will it screw up ac's proc when bossing (like you have to stand further away to avoid hitting the boss instead of the ground)
Last edited by AT_Blitzy on Jun 25, 2018, 12:33:23 PM
"

My Ice Golem with combustion support can ignite and apply the fire resist debuff on enemies (because of anger aura). So if i run a 4 link cwdt-icegolem-combustion-firestorm, can i swap out combustion support with fire pen support on the main 6 link?

Yupe, you can use either Fire Penetration support or Elemental Focus in this case. I prefer Fire Penetration since the Temple Mob can be quite tanky with those boosted elemental resistance :/ Immolate support is also a good choice since this build have quite fast attack rate.

"

Which skill points should i go for now? My character is Blitzy_Dual_Grelwood_MS
Spoiler
1. Is the jewel socket bottom right of "iron grip" worth the 3 points?
2. Is taking combat stamina even worth it?
3. Is Razor edge (60% phys damage) or By the blade (48% phys damage + 10% accuracy + 16% evasion) better or take both?
4. Should I just take all the remaining 5% life nodes instead?
5. Im saving at least 2 points for speccing into "cloth and chain" when i get my hh.

1. 2 skill point on Melee Physical damage will be wasted though (Which doesn't affect Molten Magma Balls) so I discourage it.
2. Previously I take Combat stamina is for Mapping/Labyrinth QoL while some Armour for Unbreakable + Brass Dome. It is quite optional and not worth taking if you switched out Brass Dome for other Armour such as Loreweave.
3. Evasion is quite bad if not stacked and 10% accuracy usually add about 1% attack speed (200 accuracy). I would go for 60% physical instead.
4. Depend if you comfortable on your damage while clearing Red Tier Map. If you still feel squishy, more life is always good.

"

Does having more melee range "Razor's edge" + "Master of the arena" provide more qol when mapping? Will it increase my ac's reach? Will it screw up ac's proc when bossing (like you have to stand further away to avoid hitting the boss instead of the ground)

From here, having more weapon range does increase AC reach,
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7isnb5/does_ancestral_call_range_reach_further_if_you/
You may need to stand further away from boss if you are using Multistrike support.
Otherwise you can just Attack In Place while avoid your cursor on the boss even in melee range.
Thanks for the response! I will be going for Razor's Edge and Master of the arena, the filling the remaining with 5% life nodes.

Any thoughs on double corruption for grelwood shank?
Looking for opinions on which corruption mods are worth having.
Losing the 475 accuracy for mods like:
1. (10–15)% chance to Fortify on Melee hit
2. Adds (5–7) to (10–12) Physical Damage / Adds (3–4) to (5–7) Physical Damage / Adds 1 to 2 Physical Damage
3. (5–7)% increased Attack Speed
4. (16–20)% increased Physical Damage / (10–15)% increased Physical Damage
5. (10–15)% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill
6. (15–20)% increased Area of Effect

Will 6. screw up or improve the balls overlap?

The weapon seems cheap enough to gamble for double corruption. http://poe.trade/search/otehadumohikor
Last edited by AT_Blitzy on Jun 26, 2018, 4:58:19 AM
"
Thanks for the response! I will be going for Razor's Edge and Master of the arena, the filling the remaining with 5% life nodes.

Any thoughs on double corruption for grelwood shank?
Looking for opinions on which corruption mods are worth having.
Losing the 475 accuracy for mods like:
1. (10–15)% chance to Fortify on Melee hit
2. Adds (5–7) to (10–12) Physical Damage / Adds (3–4) to (5–7) Physical Damage / Adds 1 to 2 Physical Damage
3. (5–7)% increased Attack Speed
4. (16–20)% increased Physical Damage / (10–15)% increased Physical Damage
5. (10–15)% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill
6. (15–20)% increased Area of Effect

Will 6. screw up or improve the balls overlap?

The weapon seems cheap enough to gamble for double corruption. http://poe.trade/search/otehadumohikor

1. Reliable fortify against tanky foe since Attack Per Second is high (especially if Multi-Strike), although may still need fortify on movement skill so that you can have fortify at start of the fight.
2. Grelwood Shank has no base Physical damage increase but high % Physical Damage increase, getting this implicit definitely boost damage by a lot!
3. More base attack speed is always good. Scale better with raw physical and fire damage.
4. Will be less effective since Grelwood Shank % physical damage is already high.
5. Usually we already used Onslaught flask, can save 1 flask slot but will be less effective on bosses.
6. Increase AoE increase spread, more clear but less focused damage.
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Jun 26, 2018, 11:43:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info