[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

Hey, thank you for sharing for build, so much fun to play :) Love it.

What do u think about "budget rings"

Spoiler

self crafting elder ring + unique one

To get decent Opal rings with 25% fire + life and res - very expensive :'(

One more Question:

thinking about gloves and boots links

Spoiler

gloves: same setup (flame dash + faster casting + arcane surge + 1 slot)

boots: Anger + Ash + enlighten (3or4)+ Aspect of the Cat craft + 1 slot

for the single slots: blood rage + lightning golem

full gear:
Spoiler

My attack speed is really low, jewels all with at least 5 ias.
Only at 3.58 attacks per second (buffed) :(

thank you
Mark of the shaper is definitely viable for a ring slot. Not ideal, but very much usable, and better than a lot of other options.

I think an ideal setup is really going to involve an assassin's mark shaper ring. Good ones are stupid expensive though. I currently have a shaped diamond ring I am spamming alts on.

I do suggest buying a normal opal ring and doing some fire essence crafting while crossing your fingers for something usable.

As for your proposed gem setup, I really don't think you want to drop CWDT-IC. It is the immortal call going off which stops the blood rage degen, triggering the arachnoxia regen bonus. It is one of the cornerstones of the defenses in this build. Personally I have my blood rage low level and triggered by CWDT, but manually casting it also fine.

If you want to work in an aspect and enlighten, you are going to need to trim/eliminate the flame dash setup. With my elementalist/slayer, I am experimenting with using

Frenzy/GMP/CoH/Assassin
CWDT/IC/BloodRage/FlameDash
Anger/HeraldOfAsh/HeraldOfThunder/Enlighten

You could definitely use an aspect instead of the second herald.

If I had an assassin's mark ring, I could remove the CoH-Assassin link and work in both arcane surge and a golem. I think this setup would be extremely good.

Frezy/GMP/FlameDash/ArcaneSurge
CWDT/IC/Bloodrage/Golem
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Mar 23, 2018, 3:28:11 PM
"
FilthyMonkey wrote:

Question, why are you using herald of thunder? I am thinkking about switching to elementalist and want to take advantage of the 10% shock increase but herald of thunder says that it cannot shock.

Would having a ring with lightning damage be enough to trigger the shock part?
It is only the AoE part of Herald of Thunder that can't shock. The flat added damage can shock. See the description in the wiki.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Herald_of_Thunder

I do think that elementalist/slayer is a decent combo. Inquisitor is still slightly more passive point efficient, but I think elementalist has some things going for it.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Mar 23, 2018, 1:45:26 PM
oh that makes sense. Thank you.

I will switch to elementalist and try it out tonight.
"
FilthyMonkey wrote:

If you want to work in an aspect and enlighten, you are going to need to trim/eliminate the flame dash setup. With my elementalist/slayer, I am experimenting with using

Frenzy/GMP/CoH/Assassin
CWDT/IC/BloodRage/FlameDash

You could definitely use an aspect instead of the second herald.

If I had an assassin's mark ring, I could remove the CoH-Assassin link and work in both arcane surge and a golem. I think this setup would be extremely good.

Frezy/GMP/FlameDash/ArcaneSurge
CWDT/IC/Bloodrage/Golem

Couple hours ago i did shaper and T16s 8 Mod Maps with double curse and crazy dmg mods.
Will definitely stay with CWDT+IC

Option 1 sounds perfekt for me atm.
Hope Elementalist/Slayer works well, miss Atziri a lot O:-)

tyvm
I'm running the elementalist/slayer version in hc bestiary league .
I went elementalist for the purpose of not taking reflect ele dmg anymore ....but it seems for some reason I am still taking the reflected elemental dmg even though I am suppose to be immune...
any thoughts?
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup..if you put water into a bowl it becomes the bowl..water can flow...or it can crash..be like water my friend------BOOOYAH!

IGN : OnslaughtCleaveHC
Are you sure you picked elementalist and not a different witch ascendancy by accident? I've done reflect maps and atziri, and I haven't been taking any reflect damage.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Mar 25, 2018, 7:54:25 AM
@talic182:

I'm running scion slayer/elementalist and have run elemental reflect, physical reflect maps and Atziri with no issues.

Don't confuse reflect maps with elemental thorns on rare monsters - that's totally different.
"
starexile wrote:
@talic182:

I'm running scion slayer/elementalist and have run elemental reflect, physical reflect maps and Atziri with no issues.

Don't confuse reflect maps with elemental thorns on rare monsters - that's totally different.

Ah now I see/ xD
is there a way to avoid it though?
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup..if you put water into a bowl it becomes the bowl..water can flow...or it can crash..be like water my friend------BOOOYAH!

IGN : OnslaughtCleaveHC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info