[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

"
Nepenthess wrote:
Very fun so far-- thanks :)

Few questions:

1. Why do you go the mana route from Scion when in PoB you only have Anger reserving 50%? This leaves a pool of 500ish mana. I'm inclined to go the resist route, and make up the two points elsewhere-- can anyone see why this wouldn't be viable?

2. Do you take the Sanctity node just for the armour % and +10 to Strength and Intelligence? Because the Energy Shield is useless with Blood Rage and the regen doesn't matter with Vaal Pact. I feel like I could make up the attributes and armour easily, is there is another purpose I am missing?

3. Why do you not take the life leech nodes right under Vaal Pact? I feel that I would rather use the 3 points there then have to make it up in multiple pieces of gear/Warlord's/super pricey Watcher's eye. It also negates the Bosses/mobs that are hexproof.

Thanks to anyone who replies :D

1. you can go resist route if you want, you lose some passives but will make gearing a bit easier

2. that node is a mistake, feel free to remove it if you have vaal pact

3. those nodes are attack leech and wont help since we deal spell damage
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
"
doctorbig wrote:
I have a jewel that has
-Adds # to # fire damage to attacks
-Adds # to # fire damage with wands attacks

Am i correct in assuming this doesnt help the build at all since VD is a spell?

yes
@RickJamesWitch

"
fentowninya wrote:
since we have so man jewel slots with the acuity tree, is it better to scale flat damage with abyss jewels or get normal jewels? seems like scaling flat damage since our damage is in our 3 links would be better

flat damage can be better than a normal jewel for damage it all depends on rolls. you can copy items from poe.trade and import in to PoB with a plugin, then use that to decide what jewel to get.
flat life isnt as good as % life though since we have a lot of flat life already
@RickJamesWitch

"
cocomoloco wrote:
So I'm a little puzzled right now. I am currently leveling this build, being at 65 at the moment. Now the part puzzles me is that I imported my character into PoB to look at my DPS and it says my damage is 18k fully buffed. 18k compared to your 2mil. I mean, I am still leveling shit up but still, having not even 1% of your DPS seems iffy to me.

I am definitely prioritizing Life and resists (capped resists and close to 4k hp) but even so, that number looks ridiculously low to me.

So whats going on?

one of my pens have modified damage values for correct dps calculations. there should be text on it explaining it
@RickJamesWitch

"
Krabbsatan wrote:
"
Nepenthess wrote:
Very fun so far-- thanks :)

Few questions:

1. Why do you go the mana route from Scion when in PoB you only have Anger reserving 50%? This leaves a pool of 500ish mana. I'm inclined to go the resist route, and make up the two points elsewhere-- can anyone see why this wouldn't be viable?

2. Do you take the Sanctity node just for the armour % and +10 to Strength and Intelligence? Because the Energy Shield is useless with Blood Rage and the regen doesn't matter with Vaal Pact. I feel like I could make up the attributes and armour easily, is there is another purpose I am missing?

3. Why do you not take the life leech nodes right under Vaal Pact? I feel that I would rather use the 3 points there then have to make it up in multiple pieces of gear/Warlord's/super pricey Watcher's eye. It also negates the Bosses/mobs that are hexproof.

Thanks to anyone who replies :D

1. you can go resist route if you want, you lose some passives but will make gearing a bit easier

2. that node is a mistake, feel free to remove it if you have vaal pact

3. those nodes are attack leech and wont help since we deal spell damage

HAHA, I am so dumb. I'm not sure why I thought Frenzy would do enough damage to leech. Thanks so much :D
"
itaizilca wrote:
Currently lv 75 and i still die in T8 abyss i have 5k hp can someone help me figure out why i take so much damage? ( the invisible abyss monsters can kill me in 2 hits)

This build is good, BUT with map mod (extra damage, crit, etc...), Boss still one-shot you from t8-9 and above.

Use a combo of Promise + Diamond + Wise Oak can help you, the bad news is if you dont have above 6k5 HP then you knew it :). But the invisible abyss monsters cant one hit you so this combo is your answer.

U CANT face-tank with this build if you using BUDGET build (without Kaonm, watch's eye,...). Decoy totem is your best friend, you have focus so much on damage to kill before be kill.
Is it possible to know the progression for the passive tree ? i'm quite noob and try your build but i dont know which nodes are the priority during leveling (i'm lvl 63 for now and hope not doing mistakes ^^)

thanks !
Im level 80 now and the survivability has been improved (T12-13 no probs)
damage is still on 20k in hideout how can i improve that?
i have opal , watchers kaom and everything but damage is not even close to 1-2mil.
"
itaizilca wrote:
Im level 80 now and the survivability has been improved (T12-13 no probs)
damage is still on 20k in hideout how can i improve that?
i have opal , watchers kaom and everything but damage is not even close to 1-2mil.

Level your skill gems. Get damage 4 mod jewels in your tree and you are ready to go. Skill gems takes time to lv and then to vaal em and hope you get lv 20+. (Jewels not abyss one can be expensive.)
I am a little clueless here. Which is your average volatile dead orb damage with no flasks used?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info