[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
deadmetheny wrote:
love the videos and the CA with mirage archer looks amazingly fun to use.

how many orbs or regret do you need after act 10 to respec the passive tree? i have never played a CI build before and the leveling process seems a little bit less straight forward than most builds, at which point do you start using CA and playing a bow?

Yeah, it's basically impossible to safely level ES based, so we level life based instead, trying to follow most of the same tree paths so it's gonna cost as little regrets as possible to switch, but also so it's not horrible to level.

Anyways, if you decide to follow my suggested leveling tree, you're going to be looking at around 30 Regrets, I recommend switching after you've completed act 10. Some people have also leveled this build using CA.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
djellabah wrote:
switching to this build at level 41 :) looks very nice ty

Thank you.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
I'm not sure whether the question stupid because I've never tried CI before but how do you handle stuns with those items ?
"
Authary wrote:
I'm not sure whether the question stupid because I've never tried CI before but how do you handle stuns with those items ?

I don't really ever notice myself getting stunned, so the short answer is nothing, it never really happens.

The long answer is we are never really actually getting hit, most things are either instantly melted, or we're at just around evasion cap with our Jade Flask active, and we're (I'm) running level 24 Enfeeble with 30% Curse Effect enchant, and 20% curse effect on the passive tree, so you're looking at a flat 75.5% less accuracy on most mobs anyways.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Dec 29, 2017, 11:49:11 AM
3 min to kill zero hp/defense mod guardians, did you fuck up something in the videos or is the singletarget of this build really this bad? i remember struggling with bosses on my CA build back in 2.2 but i thought it would be okay by now with all the powercreep and two six links
Last edited by sunnymarcell on Dec 29, 2017, 12:51:45 PM
"
sunnymarcell wrote:
3 min to kill zero hp/defense mod guardians, did you fuck up something in the videos or is the singletarget of this build really this bad? i remember struggling with bosses on my CA build back in 2.2 but i thought it would be okay by now with all the powercreep and two six links

It was before a lot of tweaks in the passive tree, gem links and my new bow. I really don't enjoy guardians/bosses so I never bothered updating the videos. Just wanted to show they're easily doable.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Dec 29, 2017, 1:01:34 PM
Hey Paige - as a follow up, do you think it would be better to drop the two points for harrier and the one point for 8% mana in favor of another jewel slot through the intelligence nodes above shaper? I love movement speed probably more than most people, but really that's all harrier is giving and the extra mana is meh imho. I'm thinking of doing this, plus I was able to respec out of the +30 strength physique node as I have enough strength on my gear and I'm (temporarily maybe) taking the +14ES/25% mana regen next to the witch. Mana isn't really an issue unless casting ED and I think the regen is preferable to more mana. Just thinking the extra jewel can provide a lot more than 5% movement speed. LMK your thoughts. Thanks!

Also as a side note, I've noticed two drawbacks so far to the build. First, no stun immunity - I'm trying to think of a good way to fit this in. My curses aren't as buffed/leveled as your so it's a bit of a problem ATM. Second, this build is no good for running vaults of atziri with no pot breaking skill :D
Last edited by Barzhal on Dec 29, 2017, 10:38:58 PM
"
Barzhal wrote:
Hey Paige - as a follow up, do you think it would be better to drop the two points for harrier and the one point for 8% mana in favor of another jewel slot through the intelligence nodes above shaper? I love movement speed probably more than most people, but really that's all harrier is giving and the extra mana is meh imho. I'm thinking of doing this, plus I was able to respec out of the +30 strength physique node as I have enough strength on my gear and I'm (temporarily maybe) taking the +14ES/25% mana regen next to the witch. Mana isn't really an issue unless casting ED and I think the regen is preferable to more mana. Just thinking the extra jewel can provide a lot more than 5% movement speed. LMK your thoughts. Thanks!

Also as a side note, I've noticed two drawbacks so far to the build. First, no stun immunity - I'm trying to think of a good way to fit this in. My curses aren't as buffed/leveled as your so it's a bit of a problem ATM. Second, this build is no good for running vaults of atziri with no pot breaking skill :D

Hi Im away visiting family this weekend so my replies will be limited, just fyi for everyone here.

Generally Im not a fan of 3 point jewel slots. Jewels do not play a big role in this build as much as they do some other builds. Not to mention a perfectly rolled 4 line jewel doesnt even exist yet, Ive had live search open for 3 days lol.

Therr are many viablr variations regarding the tree I was working on some even while packing today. I may make a HC tree and a SC tree at some point mostly to squeeze out a little more damage for SC and then just a complete tank for HC players.

Regarding stun immunity you could technically run the Eye of Chayula if you have a Witchfire Brew though you will be missing out on a fair DPS increase during long boss fights. You can also run the stun pantheon. Maybe I just dont notice it but between our clear speed and eva cap with flask up and enfeeble reducing enemy acc by 75% Im not really getting hit.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Dec 30, 2017, 12:36:44 AM
Yeah I hear you. The abyss jewels really don't fit this build, but there are some nice 3 stat regular jewels available (I sunk almost an ex in alts trying to roll one with no luck). I did pick up a really nice 2 damage 1 es with cast speed for a chaos though. Good to have options I guess and I'll be lucky if I ever really have to make the choice anyways from a practical perspective. Thanks for your thoughts.

Also - Impresence is just too damn good to swap for eye of chyula. I'd rather just suck it up until my curses are stronger and I'm a bit more leveled.
Last edited by Barzhal on Dec 30, 2017, 12:51:58 AM
Can you put up a video of uber lab? Curious to see

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info