[3.1 Raider] HOWA we doin'? [Deathless Shaper Up!!]

Hey, I just respecced to this build on my lvl 80 wander, because even though the clearspeed was phenomenal, the yellow map bosses usually 1-2 shot me so I had to be super careful, and the Abyssal Lich just pooped on me with the channeled spike attack... Anyway I wanted to try the endgame content and this looked like an accessible build.

I had a fixed budget of ~120c so here's what I bought:

Spoiler

~8c
~7c
~25c?
~1c
~2c
~30c
~Only thing that remains from wander
~15c
~10c
~5c
Rest of the budget on lvl 18-20 skill gems & abyss jewels with Resist/flat life/lightning damage

Since I was gearing pretty much from scratch I even balanced out my resists successfully :)

Now, the PoB DPS is ~90k against Shaper (When on full life, my 6link sadly only allows a red link but I hoped the LGoH + Vaal Pact allows for a pretty decent uptime), I still need Uber Lab and I get Elemental Overload in 6 levels, which puts the PoB DPS @ 144k. A flat attack Vinktar would put it @ around 156k, which doesn't seem like enough for a newbie to succeed @ shaper.

What am I missing / What should I focus on in the next 10 levels if I aim to do Shaper @ 90-ish?

PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/FXRDXKXd
I'll be quite frank here this build isn't extremely tanky, and is rather unforgiving when it comes to mistakes. Individual player skill when it comes to positioning is very important. I honestly wouldn't say it's everything you'd ever want since you rolled off of a wander, if you make a mistake, and the boss decides to punish you for it, it'll hurt.

Fill out your Uber lab, that last node will contribute quite a bit, and don't use a vinktar if you're new, having a life flask is a life saver in case you make a mistake (literally). Your jewels arent too great either. A good abyss jewel or regular jewel will go long ways in this build, look for some that are similar to these
. (Pretty much life and attack speed).

My recommendation for gear would be get a 30% spectral throw deceleration enchant helmet. This will allow spectral throw to hit 5 times per cast if positioned correctly (So if you are playing optimally since PoB calculates on a per hit basis, the reality is your damage is about 5x what it is). Aswell shaper's touch will cap out your accuracy (Or close to 95%), as you are at about 87% hit chance, which means a chunk of your damage is missing.

At this point since you're newer to the game. My suggestion would be using hybrid gear (Life and energy shield items) and using Soul Tether. It will be a bit pricier, and less damage than with Cyclopean Coil. However this may be the difference between you being alive or dead in an engagement.

Also if im reading this right then you have Alira favor, you should reform to Eramir for 2 skill points. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Book_of_Reform_(Eramir)

I don't want to burst your bubble, but this build will not trivialize guardians. I'm capable of doing it because I have the prior experience, and with enough attempts you can to. But don't expect to get it the first time.
Thanks a ton for your very detailed feedback!

If it would trivialize the encounters that would kinda diminish the reward anyway, I don't expect to clear everything first try :)

I'll continue mapping up to 90 and upgrading as I go.
So I'm running virtually the same build, and without Uber lab done (kek) I crushed a T13 Elder. Like, I made some mistakes and such, and I rolled him over like it was nothing. This build feels really sleeper OP atm.

The only issue I'm having is the distinct lack of gear to buy. I picked up my full set of gear for roughly 2ex (though I had a Shroud laying around) and now all of my upgrades are easily 2-4ex which is annoying. Otherwise 10/10 would recommend.
Last edited by ramza789 on Dec 27, 2017, 4:21:25 AM
"
ramza789 wrote:
So I'm running virtually the same build, and without Uber lab done (kek) I crushed a T13 Elder. Like, I made some mistakes and such, and I rolled him over like it was nothing. This build feels really sleeper OP atm.

The only issue I'm having is the distinct lack of gear to buy. I picked up my full set of gear for roughly 2ex (though I had a Shroud laying around) and now all of my upgrades are easily 2-4ex which is annoying. Otherwise 10/10 would recommend.

Yeah, the low supply of good stuff for us hurts, also hurts that we share some sought after mods such as flat lightning and wed on accessories with the wanders. Makes gearing a challenge, nice thing is to get started we don't need amazing pieces.

also get that uberlab ;-;
Last edited by SnoeyPls on Dec 27, 2017, 4:12:56 AM
"
SnoeyPls wrote:
"
Lavitz323 wrote:
Hey I'm sure you get spammed this question a lot but do you think with Vaal pact changes it may be worth going CI again? Might be able to achieve decent ES values based off of the int you do stack like in the old days.

Honestly I wouldn't be able to give a concrete answer, I feel like it is achievable with the vaal pact changes to ES. Given my current intelligence (1059) that means I receive about 211% increased energy shield off that alone. Couple that with discipline and actually good energy shield gear you could hit some spicy numbers, my only concern is scarcity of pure ES gear with int, decent resistance and the likes. Something I've been toying around with myself is a hybrid setup without Soul Tether using this watcher's eye I dropped a while ago. 24 es on hit, and we hit very rapidly. Keeps me topped up on ES most the time when mapping

Worth it? Can't say myself.

Can it be good? Yes it can, but i'm not interested in running it myself cause I'm content with the character. Could be something for a future project though.

That is one crazy jewel... u find it?
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
tobes111 wrote:
"
SnoeyPls wrote:
"
Lavitz323 wrote:
Hey I'm sure you get spammed this question a lot but do you think with Vaal pact changes it may be worth going CI again? Might be able to achieve decent ES values based off of the int you do stack like in the old days.

Honestly I wouldn't be able to give a concrete answer, I feel like it is achievable with the vaal pact changes to ES. Given my current intelligence (1059) that means I receive about 211% increased energy shield off that alone. Couple that with discipline and actually good energy shield gear you could hit some spicy numbers, my only concern is scarcity of pure ES gear with int, decent resistance and the likes. Something I've been toying around with myself is a hybrid setup without Soul Tether using this watcher's eye I dropped a while ago. 24 es on hit, and we hit very rapidly. Keeps me topped up on ES most the time when mapping

Worth it? Can't say myself.

Can it be good? Yes it can, but i'm not interested in running it myself cause I'm content with the character. Could be something for a future project though.

That is one crazy jewel... u find it?

Yup, dropped from elder myself. A better one would be Lightning pen on wrath, but i'll take what I can get. If playing a phys build you could just use Phys to lightning + Stormcharger + Wrath with that jewel and hit 100 phys to lightning conversion
Loving this build so far! Yeah i know my gem slots aren't filled. So far no issues with mapping.

Last edited by Kurokawa on Dec 28, 2017, 12:07:54 AM
"
Kurokawa wrote:
Loving this build so far! Yeah i know my gem slots aren't filled. So far no issues with mapping.

Glad to hear it! However there are some things I've noticed with your gear :p

1: Your resists are improperly balanced, you aren't benefiting from wise oak. Cold resistance is your highest resistance, which means you get cold penetration instead of lightning penetration.

2: You aren't using shaper's touch, your current hit chance is 87% without it. With it, you'd be at 95% hit chance (the cap). You're missing a pretty hefty chunk of damage. You'd also end up with more life using shaper's touch too. So there's that which is nice.

3: Nice 6l belly, if you can make it work that's impressive. No complaints from me :p

4: Get some fertile minds. Missing out on a nice chunk of int by not using them, static electricity isnt terrible granted but not as effective to us as the int

Keep on leveling. Glad to see people are trying the build!
Last edited by SnoeyPls on Dec 29, 2017, 4:56:17 AM
Did some adjusting after your post. Need a few more levels to get back skill points but all fixed!

Got watcher's eye with 15% lightning pen as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info