[3.1] Balls everywhere! Dual Grelwood Shank Molten Strike Gladiator

"
raggapaul wrote:
"
genida wrote:
The tree posted has a weird dex point allocated, over Vitality Void, and one point on Vaal Pact over by itself. Maybe update that?

Trying the build now. Leveling with full leveling gear is always hilarious :)

Sorry, this is kind of a funny mistake. I exported the tree from Path of Building and it became a pre 3.1 link. I edited the build guide.

"
Lukin wrote:
Question: is Xophs blood worth the investment? How much dps does it add ~?

Xophs Blood is a huge upgrade to this build. If you have most other upgrades (e.g. 20/20 gems) you can go for it. Path of Building says its like a 30 to 40% more multiplier, if you calculate with enemies covered in ash. It also adds 100 life.

I personally would not buy it, except I get super lucky with my other drops and have the money.

Hmm , What do you about Beltimber Blade Eternal Sword . That's Sword also give 2 projectile after use movement skill + Far Shot . The other base stats of them are similar . Do you think dual weilding Grelwood + Beltimber is better than dual Grelwood ?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Beltimber_Blade
Last edited by linh08hp on Jan 10, 2018, 11:35:45 AM
Far shot is useless and the 80% increased evasion only applies when you are moving. It would be a worse option.
Why not Conc. Effect on single target? It gives the balls a tighter spread.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Yo =) very nice build playing it in hc abyss atm and its working like a charm. What flasks are you running for this build? Just hit 70 and was thinking of getting a Rumi's instead of my regular granite flask.
"
moto wrote:
Yo =) very nice build playing it in hc abyss atm and its working like a charm. What flasks are you running for this build? Just hit 70 and was thinking of getting a Rumi's instead of my regular granite flask.

Rumis will work, also Wise Oak or Dying sun!

"
XigTek wrote:
Why not Conc. Effect on single target? It gives the balls a tighter spread.

You are right. Also a good choice, if you like to switch gems for bosses.
Was also thinking of going with just one Grelwood and a shield instead, for more defence since i play hardcore. Ill loose 2 projectiles untill i can get helm enchant ofc =)
If I were to use Xoph's Blood, wouldn't I need to convert most of my non-fire damage to fire damage? How would you do that?
"
raggapaul wrote:

Movement in 4L: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic

1) Why Blood Magic? No point in wasting HP on a skill methinks.

"
raggapaul wrote:

Culling Leap & Totem in 4L : Ancestral Protector - Leap Slam - Melee Physical Damage - Culling Strike

2) Why Leap Slam? Does it do anything for AP?
IMO both these setups work better as a 3L, but what do I know.

3) Could you add levelling trees please? Although it's pretty straightforward, it'd be nice to know what to focus on first...

4) Might be a good idea to use Dying Sun as one of the flasks, we gain more projectiles this way.
Last edited by sqvirel on Jan 18, 2018, 10:47:58 AM
First of all, I wanted to thank you - it was this build (along with this one) that finally allowed me to get my first Shaper kill (and a lot of other personal 'firsts' as well!) I started playing in Warbands, so it's been a long time coming, but this build was fun, cheap, and strong enough to carry me incredibly far this league.

I wanted to go over a few things I've done with the build to tweak it to my preferences to hopefully inspire OP, as well as give other readers an idea of the flexibility of the build and some other options they have.

>> Path of Building Link
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/XTdJJKh1

Path of Building with my current gear/flasks/jewels, all that good stuff - for reference.

>> Ascendancy
Spoiler

The main difference between our two builds is that I elected to go Slayer over Gladiator. This give the build crazy life leech/overleech and unbeatable attack speed. I did not make this choice intentionally - I was following a different guide until I stumbled upon this one. But - slayer works for this build quite well, so no regerts here.
Ascendancy Order:
1 - Endless Hunger
2 - Brutal Fervour
3 - Bane of Legends (can take earlier if you don't have defense/leech problems)
4 - Headsman (which allows us to negate the AoE penalty of Conc. Effect! (see links)

>> Links
Spoiler

Body Armour 6L: Molten Strike - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Multistrike - Ancestral Call - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect
As some have suggested in the thread already, and since the Slayer ascendancy gives us extra AoE, I've swapped PPaD for Conc. Effect, giving us a massive DPS boost.

Lightpoacher 2L: Spirit Burst - Curse on Hit - Flammability
The Abyss unique helmet Lightpoacher gives us a much better method of cursing than a Vengeance setup. For this reason, I absolutely recommend a 2-socket Lightpoacher if you can afford it, but I'd also wear a 1-socket variant to enable the Curse on Hit setup here. Hopefully in future leagues they can still be obtained cheaply.

Ancestral Protector 3L: Ancestral Protector - Melee Splash - Faster Attacks
I do not utilize a Culling Strike/Leap Slam setup since Slayer has a built-in 20% cull in the Ascendancy. Instead, I've opted to beef up my Ancestral Protector with some supports. Feel free to swap Melee Splash with Melee Physical Damage for more single-target damage.
I actually use this in a 4L with Flame Golem, but the golem does not benefit from the supports.

Blood Rage: Blood Rage The only other difference between OP's build and mine. Slayer has no method of automatically generating Frenzy charges like Gladiator does, so Blood Rage gives us the opportunity to do just that.

Unchanged: Other auras (Hatred/Herald of Ash), Immortal Call/CwDT, Whirling Blades movement.

Last edited by AEllis on Feb 5, 2018, 1:28:26 PM
how this build feels in 3.2? and btw u cant vaal sword for block chance :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info