[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
B0RN2FISH wrote:

Howdy everyone,

What do you guys think I should look at replacing first? Im uncapped on res, but I play with a support for bosses. Also inc crit strikes due to a 630% crit multi according to Pob

https://pastebin.com/XKnBeyBx

Any feedback/suggestions would be awesome :)

Shaper dps below

Elemental Focus will still give significantly more damage, even when you pop diamond flask, I have 653% multi and elemental focus gives me significantly more damage. As for gear, I'd try to upgrade piece without life on it first.
could anyone please give me some advice on what to do moving forward with my inquisitor tree and gearing on flashback? any help would be much appreciated.

Has someone a working Scion (Elementalist / Slayer) Path of Building pastebin for this?

Is it just me, or is the initial guide lacking info about which character class to choose and why it's a good choice? It's all mixed together somehow.
Hello! This is if you want to really play for Scion and try new without Watcher's Eye (not because it's expensive).
Spoiler
Firstly let me introduce-i am playing JUST as Scion in this build. Not because i dont have moneys on Watcher's Eye (lol), just because i interested bye possible combinations with scion. Firstly, open in author build Skill Tree- Skill tree as Scion- and read. This is not worstest variant if a bit change. Like add Fireball to Unearth vs Bodyswap... because it adds ignite. In 3.3.0 with busted ignite i will check it again. Now, in 3.2.0. it have to be good.IF you interested-write me, there will be some changes.
For scion tree is-
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/kg6W0feB
. But if you havent mana leech DO NOT TAKE MoM!. Other version is again just my variant and do no agreed bu author(he dont like scion).
As for your qiestion, for author best variant is inquisitor because of crits and other... If you want to experiment-take scion. Also, inquisitor too able to use Mokou's Embrace with Eye of Innocence, so with couple of changes he MAYBE too will use ignite as top mechanic. But now more stable is Inquisitor build. But more expensive for required(as think author) Watcher's Eye. But at reall you can start as Inquisitor with combo from this guy and then equip Watcher's Eye.
Spoiler
"
BullHorn7 wrote:
Let's see how quickly we can make the Watcher's Eye price drop, boys.
Watcher's Eye is extremely expensive (15-20ex now) and forces you to use Anger, which is a poopy aura for spellcasters - the damage bonus you gain from Anger is similar to what you can get from 1 Abyss jewel with a couple of "Fire damage to Spells" rolls. The only real reason to use it is for the leech from the Jewel, which most of us don't have anyway.

With this setup you have more leech than you would with Watcher's Eye (2% vs. 1-1.5%). As long as you are attacking, you are critting, you are self-igniting and you are leeching. In fact, it's somewhat like over-leech because you keep leeching for 4 seconds after the last enemy dies until the ignite runs out. With 5K life you only need to deal 50K DPS to reach the leech rate cap which means you're always reaching the cap.

This also means you don't need a crappy Warlord's Mark ring or going for Whispers of Doom.

Now what I'm still theorycrafting is what to do about Anger - there's many options but none of them are much better. Herald of Thunder, Vitality, Grace, Arctic Armour, Determination, Blasphemy+Ass Mark and using Faster Attacks + PCOC with Frenzy, maybe even not reserve the mana and go MoM for more survivability, thinking of ways to apply Shock, etc. Any more ideas?By the way, here's a slightly optimized version of the tree: http://poeurl.com/bHY3

P.S. this build is really annoying a bit, he is good for farming but neiter for bossing.As any poets pen :). Good luck!
Are you taking Instruments of Virtue just for the attack speed boost, or are you using something else to trigger the "cast" part for the extra damage?
Is this build still fine with 3.3?
work with 3.3?
sure it works on 3.3, i play it already there
Having great fun with this build~ thank you very much for it!
Just want to know if there's any tree changes ?
Hi just a random question. If you have unearth and volatile dead. Would the required attack speed be for casting efficiency?

And would it be any different if you had unearth, detonate dead on one and only volatile dead on the other?
Last edited by aneruok1 on Jun 11, 2018, 7:43:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info