[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
PxDGaming wrote:
Hey!

I've been going over the tree and the gear/gems several times and can't for the life of me see where the second curse is and the reason behind taking Whispers of Doom.

If someone could point this out to me I'd be thrilled cuz my head is derping all over the place right now...

They recommend getting an elder ring with curse on hit warlords mark.
Wouldn't you need 8APS to get the highest DPS and the smoothest bodyswapping?, because alternating between Unearth and Bodyswap is halving your Volatile spawns because your corpses are only being cast every other cooldown period.

Basically it's going like this.
Volatile Dead and Unearth (5 Corpses Placed)
Cooldown Period (Currently 5 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Bodyswap (Corpses used for VD and bodyswap)
Cooldown Period (Currently 0 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Unearth (VD doesn't activate due to no corpses, 5 corpses placed)
Cooldown Period (Currently 5 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Bodyswap (Corpses used for VD and bodyswap)
Cooldown Period(Currently 0 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Unearth (VD doesn't activate due to no corpses, 5 corpses placed)

Last edited by Xanthochroid on Feb 17, 2018, 11:55:39 PM
I'm kinda struggling with my build atm. I don't seem to do enough damage and I'm a little weak. Can someone take a look at my gear and give me feedback? I can do maps under tier 10.

here is my pob link: https://pastebin.com/shFtKEyN
Build is going fairly well so far, destroyed up to t15s/red elder. Waiting for level until I try some harder content.

Rockin over 6800 health :D

::edit::
Killed Chimera deathless, Minataur died like 4 times, other ones died 1 time. They were really dumb avoidable deaths too. Excellent build :D

Last edited by AutoMatrixEH on Feb 18, 2018, 7:26:58 PM
Oh man... only AFTER I level up a Scion do I basically read that I could have gone Templar/Inquisitor even if I can't afford the jewel simply because you say about the curse on hit warlords mark/dual curse. That was literally the one and only thing I overlooked in the entire guide. I totally would have leveled as the class/build/EVERYTHING if I had realized/read that. That explicit elder affix is pretty cheap, since you only need a basic version of it. You don't need to really worry about the ring being that great besides having that one little piece on it.

Oh and which helmet do you recommend for the Templar build (actually for both) because you technically recommend 2 different helmets... and unless they changed something when it comes to helmets I am fairly certain our Exiles don't come with 2 heads attached to their bodies. Granted that would be interesting because I would take it as meaning we can play 2 classes at the same time with diminished returns.

I am still confused though, why in the     Eye of Innocence, Citrine Amulet  and  Mokou's Embrace, Ruby Ring section that's in the Scion section you linked a Templar passive skill tree. Really confused there...

Now I need to decide if I want to bother or just continue ... I probably should bother ... oh wait ... I already have an Inquisitor maybe I don't ... Just need a shit ton of Regrets ... choices choices choices ...

"
DEEERP .... I am a cheater because I use Headhunter .... DEEERP

Yes... I know you're a cheater... And I am EXTREMELY jealous of your cheating behavior and ability to afford such things as a Headhunter... I had one once... but it got stolen sadly

MOTHER ... sigh ... FUCKING ... sigh ... LE-SIGH ... (yes my sigh's are french, got a problem with that).
Last edited by arokace on Feb 19, 2018, 4:35:57 AM
"
M0rf0g3n3sis wrote:
This build is very enjoyable to play, never had so much fun haha. I made a budget version of this build, so I don't use helmet enchant and watcher's eye, took down red tier elder guardians and elder and hydra deathless at lvl88, will try other guardians and shaper soon. My character name is William_V_D_Shakespeare, if anybody is interested in my budget setup.

FYI there was already a budget version within the guide. Either going Scion or if Inquisitor you get the Curse on Hit Warlord's Mark Elder Ring(to replace the jewel)... Since the jewel is the only thing really making it expensive and is the only other thing truly required besides the feathers(wands). All other uniques said are 100% optional.

Still though, for shits and giggles I am curious as to what you came up with, so posting your gear and tree and whatever else you're needing/using. I would be interested in looking at it.
"
I'm kinda struggling with my build atm. I don't seem to do enough damage and I'm a little weak. Can someone take a look at my gear and give me feedback? I can do maps under tier 10.

here is my pob link: https://pastebin.com/shFtKEyN

Where is your Life Leech coming from, I don't see it anywhere. You should invest in a ring with "Curse on Hit Warlord's Mark Level X". Which means you need to get over to Whisper of Doom as well so you can have Assassins Mark and Warlords Mark on the same Target otherwise only one of them will ever be on which won't work for the build. Because your Life is fine, and I went through your damage and it seems fine. I personally would recommend using Bodyswap, it is a massive DPS difference (not sure why he said to not use it if you don't like the teleporting, it accounts for 70k DPS for myself on the explosion around myself). Do you have your Unearth wand on your left hand side and Volatile Dead on the right side. I believe it makes a slight difference, at the very least being more efficient in the beginning, is the only difference.

As for why you've been surviving this long and that far, that's because of the Life Leech from Atziri's Promise. It has always provided very good Life Leech, and you're proof of that. You have 0% Life Leech from what I can tell besides that flask (which this answers another question I have is if you're always casting your flasks because you should be, the damage ones that is Sulphur, Atziri, and Diamond).

One extra side note, with your jewels I wouldn't recommend getting that Fire Spell Cast speed stuff. The only speed that matters is Frenzy Attack Speed. Because it is what dictates when and how often any of your Poet's Pen spells get casted. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about all this but essentially your Poet's Pen spells could have 0.5 (ie 1 attack per 2 seconds) Cast Speed listed but as long as Frenzy is higher than that or whatever then the spells will attack more often that even what the Cast Speed says. And supposedly at about 4.8~ attack speed with Frenzy is the most ideal APS(Attacks per Second). If you read the DPS Calculation section of the guide, it goes over this ideal attack speed with Frenzy. The main reason you don't want to go over this is because of the internal cooldown that every ability in the Poet's Pens have, which is 250ms. Any quicker and it will through off a lot of shit and you might sometimes attempt to cast Volatile Dead when you haven't casted Unearth so there wouldn't be any corpses out there for VD to consume and create ORBS OF DESTRUCTION (Metalcore Death Metal Black Rock Bit Band Name).

I'd also recommend looking into the Similar Build section and going through that build too. Now I am not saying to go her build/gear(IT IS FUCKING INSANE but FUCKING EXPENSIVE AS SHIT!!! like no other, probably 150ex bare minimum)... but it will tell you and let you learn some more shit about this general build. Because besides her gear everything is the same as this build more or less.

Well, everything is dead. Cleared all content and 157/157 on the Atlas. Thanks for the build!
Also Ft Watchers eye that I didn't link.
"
Where is your Life Leech coming from, I don't see it anywhere. You should invest in a ring with "Curse on Hit Warlord's Mark Level X". Which means you need to get over to Whisper of Doom as well so you can have Assassins Mark and Warlords Mark on the same Target otherwise only one of them will ever be on which won't work for the build. Because your Life is fine, and I went through your damage and it seems fine. I personally would recommend using Bodyswap, it is a massive DPS difference (not sure why he said to not use it if you don't like the teleporting, it accounts for 70k DPS for myself on the explosion around myself). Do you have your Unearth wand on your left hand side and Volatile Dead on the right side. I believe it makes a slight difference, at the very least being more efficient in the beginning, is the only difference.

As for why you've been surviving this long and that far, that's because of the Life Leech from Atziri's Promise. It has always provided very good Life Leech, and you're proof of that. You have 0% Life Leech from what I can tell besides that flask (which this answers another question I have is if you're always casting your flasks because you should be, the damage ones that is Sulphur, Atziri, and Diamond).

One extra side note, with your jewels I wouldn't recommend getting that Fire Spell Cast speed stuff. The only speed that matters is Frenzy Attack Speed. Because it is what dictates when and how often any of your Poet's Pen spells get casted. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about all this but essentially your Poet's Pen spells could have 0.5 (ie 1 attack per 2 seconds) Cast Speed listed but as long as Frenzy is higher than that or whatever then the spells will attack more often that even what the Cast Speed says. And supposedly at about 4.8~ attack speed with Frenzy is the most ideal APS(Attacks per Second). If you read the DPS Calculation section of the guide, it goes over this ideal attack speed with Frenzy. The main reason you don't want to go over this is because of the internal cooldown that every ability in the Poet's Pens have, which is 250ms. Any quicker and it will through off a lot of shit and you might sometimes attempt to cast Volatile Dead when you haven't casted Unearth so there wouldn't be any corpses out there for VD to consume and create ORBS OF DESTRUCTION (Metalcore Death Metal Black Rock Bit Band Name).

I'd also recommend looking into the Similar Build section and going through that build too. Now I am not saying to go her build/gear(IT IS FUCKING INSANE but FUCKING EXPENSIVE AS SHIT!!! like no other, probably 150ex bare minimum)... but it will tell you and let you learn some more shit about this general build. Because besides her gear everything is the same as this build more or less.

Thanks for replying to my post. One thing I didn't know about this build was life leech being somewhat important. I mostly relied on atziri's promise and a life flask for survivability. I did try a warlord mark on hit variant, but from my understanding it lacked damage and also I was struggling with my mana when I linked power charge on crit + increased crit strikes to my frenzy instead of my current setup.
Last edited by Sp4rkillz on Feb 19, 2018, 3:56:04 PM
"

Thanks for replying to my post. One thing I didn't know about this build was life leech being somewhat important. I mostly relied on atziri's promise and a life flask for survivability. I did try a warlord mark on hit variant, but from my understanding it lacked damage and also I was struggling with my mana when I linked power charge on crit + increased crit strikes to my frenzy instead of my current setup.

Life Leech, if you're a Life build which basically everyone is now, is ALWAYS gonna be important. Even before the Vaal Pact nerf it was still extremely important.. Just old Vaal Pact was OP when combined with ES and Ghost Reaver(changes Life Leech to ES Leech). So always think about having Life Leech somewhere somehow at end game since you don't necessarily need it while leveling with most leveling builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info