[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
"
KtQ wrote:
I have just started this build and have to reiterate the consensus of the thread - it is awesome!!

I did have two quick questions which I don't believe have been asked within the thread (I have read a great deal of it):

1. Why do we upgrade GMP to max level? This pushes up our DEX requirement and I honestly don't see much gain here. The only effect I can think of is Unearth does slightly more damage and, given the fact that we don't scale physical, does this really matter? Would it not be easier to level it low level to avoid higher DEX requirements?

2. What effect does cast speed have on Unearth/Bodyswap in the one Poet's Pen? Given the fact that we are not casting them (they are proccing on atk) is it necessary to invest in gems with quality on to get the increased cast speed buff?

Thanks again OP as well as other contributors within this thread - great build!

No, cast speed is useless for thé gems in poets. Attack speed of frenzy and socketed cooldown is what matter.

Thanks for the response - I thought the same. Just got confused because looking at OP's character as well as the POB's posted by other users through the thread, all of the gems appear to be at 20Q.

What about GMP - any specific reason why we are levelling it up that you are aware of?
Does anyone play this build in HC? Body Swap seems like it's going to get my killed sooner or later so I swapped it out for cremation, which is pretty awesome, but makes the build a bit slow. Is body swap actually safe enough or does it get you guys killed every now and then?
"
KtQ wrote:
What about GMP - any specific reason why we are levelling it up that you are aware of?

+10% Attack Speed with 20% Quality.

"
Warranx wrote:
Does anyone play this build in HC? Body Swap seems like it's going to get my killed sooner or later so I swapped it out for cremation, which is pretty awesome, but makes the build a bit slow. Is body swap actually safe enough or does it get you guys killed every now and then?

It got me killed a few times, for example when I teleported right into bearers or obelisks of the something something as they were exploding. There's also the opposite situation where you expect to teleport but instead your dude keeps teleporting in place...
Last edited by Zoxjib on Dec 28, 2017, 6:13:42 PM
"
KtQ wrote:
"
"
KtQ wrote:
I have just started this build and have to reiterate the consensus of the thread - it is awesome!!

I did have two quick questions which I don't believe have been asked within the thread (I have read a great deal of it):

1. Why do we upgrade GMP to max level? This pushes up our DEX requirement and I honestly don't see much gain here. The only effect I can think of is Unearth does slightly more damage and, given the fact that we don't scale physical, does this really matter? Would it not be easier to level it low level to avoid higher DEX requirements?

2. What effect does cast speed have on Unearth/Bodyswap in the one Poet's Pen? Given the fact that we are not casting them (they are proccing on atk) is it necessary to invest in gems with quality on to get the increased cast speed buff?

Thanks again OP as well as other contributors within this thread - great build!

No, cast speed is useless for thé gems in poets. Attack speed of frenzy and socketed cooldown is what matter.

Thanks for the response - I thought the same. Just got confused because looking at OP's character as well as the POB's posted by other users through the thread, all of the gems appear to be at 20Q.

For frenzy with gmp?
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
"
Popkorps wrote:
Does anyone know why my damage is so low? I do 33k total dps on PoB, which is absurdly low compared to others here. I'm very new to these types of builds and any help will be much appreciated!

Relax your doing fine plz lo
As long u can kill every mob except reflect ele map
I have around 70k on pob but damage don't matter I have a feel i will die fast to ele reflect map
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
"
pro2017 wrote:
:

For frenzy with gmp?

No I was actually talking about the GMP linked to Unearth, but I guess the same applies to the one linked to Frenzy. Note, I am talking about gem level assuming that it is already 20Q.

"
:

I am referring to levelling the GMP, not the quality. Assuming I have 20Q GMP already, is there any reason to level it as all it seems to do is push up the DEX requirement.
"
KtQ wrote:
"
pro2017 wrote:
:

For frenzy with gmp?

No I was actually talking about the GMP linked to Unearth, but I guess the same applies to the one linked to Frenzy. Note, I am talking about gem level assuming that it is already 20Q.

"
:

I am referring to levelling the GMP, not the quality. Assuming I have 20Q GMP already, is there any reason to level it as all it seems to do is push up the DEX requirement.

Unearth best is go with gmp as it can create 4corspe or more then u can easy swap volatile
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
Amazing. I'm practically speechless.

Yes, leveling up GMP is pointless beyond the 20%q recipe.
Been so bored this league so decided to go flat out and buy most of the gear for this build, gotta say, loving it so far. Only thing I don't have yet is watchers eye.

Since I have this

can I avoid Assassins mark for mapping and use warlords? It gives me 12% chance to get a powercharge on kill when socketed in templar area. That way I can use the regular tree, till I can afford watchers eye.
Awesome build, I was just thinking the gloves slot seemed a bit wasted, just life and res.

I checked the elder / shaper mods and found just what I was looking for: supported by Blind, 5L with Frenzy. Blinding enemies gives a huge ~42% more evade chance (up to 58% for me) and from what I read bosses can actually be blinded just like trash mobs.

Now on to finding shaped fingerless gloves with high life, decent resists and supported by blind...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info