[3.2] 15c BF BoR Champion/Zerker- Shaper/Guardians/Red Elder & Guardians/Uber Lab/Atziri

Well, I've had a lot of fun with this build! Started with really inexpensive gear, bought/made some more along the way, and killed Shaper. I decided early to switch to Starkonja's + The Perfect Form and got absurdly lucky socketing/linking the latter, and then got even luckier coloring it. Here's the gear I ended up with;

I've got 48% Evasion, 30% Dodge, 30% Spell Dodge, 6k life and somewhere between 500k and 850k Shaper DPS depending on which switches you toggle in PoB as well as whether or not I've got flask charges left. I never got around to getting better jewelry or a better belt, or top end jewels, so there's definitely more damage left out there to add. I also never really set up a weapon swap or at least obtained a multiple Shaped Extra Damage offhand, which I really should have done for Shaper. Something obtained from a search like this (http://poe.trade/search/otokohasitowat) would be really strong.

I can't recommend The Perfect Form enough. I felt really squishy in yellow maps before I switched to it, and that's when I realized that the "Evasion increased by uncapped Cold Resistance" is a multiplier, not a flat increase. I bought new gloves/boots/jewels to get up to 175% uncapped Cold Res and it was like woah.

Before TPF I wouldn't die outright, but my health globe would flicker quite a bit and it felt like attempting to move would be a death sentence. With the evasion+dodge+spell dodge plus free Arctic Armour, the big hits taken are fewer and farther apart, and overall things are much nicer. It also gives you the opportunity to 4-link Whirling Blades and add Blood Magic, which is pretty great for QoL.

The only problem with it is the hidden extra cost of chroming for 4 off colors. That's what I was trying to do when I got lucky and got 5 off color, letting me drop Faster Attacks for Increased Critical Damage.

Anyway, I highly recommend this build! It definitely starts off inexpensive but is capable of great things. I've had about as much fun with this character as I suspect I'm likely to, so I'll be selling off my gear to fund a low life occultist. Interested parties can send me a private message, especially about that 5 off color TPF.
I looked at your tree at Level 90. It will take me 'til Level 92 to get all that. How did you get that many Skill Points at Level 90?

Thanks.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Dipsomania wrote:
I looked at your tree at Level 90. It will take me 'til Level 92 to get all that. How did you get that many Skill Points at Level 90?

Thanks.

Theres a couple nodes at the bottom right hand side of the tree that you don't actually use, I think they're bow related (on my phone so can't check) must have accidently included them in the pob link.

would you mind checking which ones exactly? :)
Can someone look at my gear and tree and tell me if I am missing anything that I need to melt shaper? I have about 20exalt saved up
Hey man, are you going to update leveling and level skill tree etc .. It would be a great addition to this to explain to newer players in a little more depth about how to get to end game from the start etc .. only cause this is actually a really viable budget starter :) Thanks man!! Great Job
Hey i think i got a pretty good impression on this build so far. Build is almost completed at lvl 88 with 6.1k life (still got one 8% hp node remaining to grab).
Mapping really is a breeze with this build. I run t12-t15 on daily basis and this build works just fine, instaleech is really powerful. However i tried killing some of shaper's guardians for the first time and i got absolutely murdered. I didn't even finish phoenix , as it took me SIX PORTALS (yes, six deaths) to get him to 30% hp before i ran out of portals without killing him. I may very well be mechanically bad at the game but i'm not sure i should get deleted that badly. Minotaur was easier, only died twice , both times my fault. Haven't tried the remaining guardians yet , cause after Phoenix raping me i'm kinda scared to try Hydra and Chimera. If shaper is as tough as guardians , then i don't see how can i kill him :/ This build has literally no defenses except lifeleech and decent life pool, fortify too i guess but with like 1.5k armor it doesn't mean much at all. Which is fine, however my question is ; how can i improve my defenses without sacrificing too much DPS ? I was thinking of running enfeeble + blasphemy instead of herald of ash, but herald of ash is like 1/3rd of the DPS. Also, what gear should i focus on upgrading? What can i put into my Starkonja's to benefit the build? Since i got 4 empty sockets in it after switching to belly instead of BoR. Thanks in advance !
Change Punishment curse to Enfeeble, I would have died already on hardcore if not for that :D I'm also using Sin's Rebirth instead of Lion's Roar

I've run red guardians ok with my character (HC)
Nice Build.
Last edited by lMvB on Jan 13, 2018, 5:35:53 PM
Facetanked a10 Kitava deathless now, build is amazing :)

Got this bad boy for 5c so its definitely possible to get cheap stat sticks with both mods :)
why dont we take Poisonous Fangs keystone?

I know that poison isnt that good but the points give a lot of ailment damage and physical damage as well and the poison is just on top.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info