Movies we recommend

We've all heard of or have seen the big titles throughout time. So I'll focus on a narrow sliver...

Here's my list of five sleeper movies I'd recommend, if you never saw them...

1.) Gattaca. Prophetic, much like the book 1984 was. If you've seen it, then discover these surprising facts about it.

2.) The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc. If you watch this as a person who doesn't follow any religion, doesn't believe in a god, etc., then you'll just watch it as a big budget action movie that's kind of cool, then boring at the end. If you watch this as a die-hard Christian, you'll probably complain about it. And if you happen to watch this as a believer who still has doubts, it will royally give you a good mind f***. Heck, even as a Christian I found the later parts of this movie royally deep to the point of making me re-examine my own faith. The progression of the main character and the ending is a depressing, anti-climatic, in-your-face slap of reality. It's not 100% true to story of the real Jeanne d'Arc, but it's close.

3.) Office Space. It's officially a sleeper movie, even if most geeks like me have seen it or at least heard of it. I list it only to be thorough and true to my "sleeper" list.

4.) The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. It's a wonderful fantasy of absolute nonsense. Turn off your logically, adult mind while watching this. Channel your inner child.

5.) March of the Penguins. Seriously. This isn't your average nature footage churned into some drab documentary. This movie tells a story. It's is a pretty damn good look at the harsh world we live in. It will make you appreciate and love everything you have, from family & friends to all of the human conveniences we take for granted.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I love Baron Munchausen. Haven't seen it in years.
Censored.
Idiocracy: the smoothest way to redpill normies on genetic realism.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Nowadays it's just a layered joke as its most enduring metaphor is misrepresented time and again by various disenfranchised males who still can't face the reality that their precious 'pill' concept came from a couple of trannies in the closet. LOL.
I thought it was somewhat obvious that the Matrix was some kind of LGBT anthem, and in hindsight its transgender themes are prominent. The apparent reality (ex: a penis) is an illusion and the truth (ex: womanhood) is hidden to a but a few; Neo says she thought Trinity was a man, to which she replies "most guys do;" the path to realizing one's true self involves a difficult-to-perform procedure (from a guy with "morph" in his name) with lots of fear and gooeyness; the oppressive conformist patriarchy wants to take out the heroic weirdo brigade; and there's this post-op guy who wants to go back but can't and is made into a pariah. I mean, I don't know how someone familiar with the concept of homosexuality and coming out can watch the film and not suspect the writers are, at a minimum, gay.

Or at least I thought they were gay. I thought Trinity was representative of some effeminate bottom or something. I didn't know much about the T in LGBT until somewhat recently. I think most of us didn't.

And if you had any doubt that the writers were gay, by the time Reloaded came around, the Merovingian and Persephone should have quickly removed it.

So yes, I understand in hindsight that the Matrix is essentially an intersectional LGBT Antifa anthem promoting constant righteous militant struggle against not only traditional values, but quite literally reality itself. Without its debut during a key time during the intellectual development of young millennials, things like identifying as a gender you're not, or as otherkin or a multiple system or any of the other myriad insanities of identity wouldn't have taken such a hold upon the generation.

Simply put, the Matrix was and is the most effective transgender propaganda ever deployed by man. And it's all based on a simple premise: because we don't like reality, because it just doesn't feel right, reality isn't real.

But I digress. The redpill on the original meaning of the redpill is: it's a sex change operation. And yes, there is a certain enjoyable irony in how the Right has yet again taken one of the Left's terms and turned it against them.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 19, 2017, 1:40:45 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Idiocracy: the smoothest way to redpill normies on genetic realism.

I see this as documentacy, not comedy.

Also i recommend:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/

Utopia.

Seriously reading about this is just spoiling the journey throught the exploring the story.
Writing up earthbound nonsense like that is why you can't be taken serious Charan.

It only works on fools, who can't see how much crap you are spraying. And i guess you are sort of making it a habbit to keep those types attentive to fullfill your attentionseek.

You want respect however, you better step up your game or continue being a free rofl.

Matrix isn't even a movie i would rate anywhere near my favorites or as a perfect movie - but it's a great movie nonetheless too bad emotions taint too many from just enjoying it. It's like why is it people are jealous? It's because they feel lesser about themselves really, same here the message must hit some kind of nerve because it's not by any measure a bad movie nor even bad storytelling. It's a great movie even. It may be all about the old overstated braindead vs awakened, and bringing attention to mind over matter as well as delving slightly into reality is what you make it. So it's actually a coming of age film more than anything. It's for the youth that are going through that and the adults who like to think everyone else are braindead sleepers because they themselves are sleepers.

And you are pulling it to the earthly shit like how it reminds you of your area and shit. You really enjoy staying in the dirt and never ascending to talk about the greater aspects of anything, don't ya.

"Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People"

There is another version of this one that goes by first describing a chain of events.

Knowledge --> Understanding --> Wisdom

When you gather enough knowledge, you can begin to make connections and thereby gain understanding. When you understand more and more eventually it can turn into wisdom when you learn to judge right by using your understanding and experience.

Knowledge is something like. If i heat this material to X degrees it will melt. Or the key is hidden back there. Or what you obtain by reading books. You learn of something from the physical world. Understanding then is like, when you observe that all materials when heated enough will melt or sublimate you begin to understand the nature of matter.

The problem is that most people never go beyond the knowledge level. It's always so funny when one of those "booksmart" people think they have a clue because they read mucho books. Some people live like that and consider themselves smart because they can recite knowledge, but they just give me a laugh because they are stuck on the lowest step of the latter and sitting there screaming they are the highest.

"Great Minds Discuss Wisdom; Average Minds Discuss Understanding; Small Minds Discuss Knowledge"

As a bonus information, raw science is also dealing with only knowledge and understanding.

Even you scrotie wtf are you cracking on about? It's essentially about a sex change operation? Even if there can be some slight transexual undertones, it's nothing near the core of the movie. Many many themes stand far stronger than it. It seems to me something must have triggered you to be so annoyed by it because i can even at times be semi homophobic myself and the thought never even crossed my mind until i start hearing people put the whole meaning of the movie into it. And also bringing it to the left vs right arguments. This the dumb shit that leads to million page threads on trump, this is the dumb shit that happens in america and taints all reason in the political debates and no one can distinquish colors anymore.

People lose perspective because they are too submerged in their subjective little worlds arguments and emotional chains to prevent them from seeing with clarity. The muddy water of the mind is constantly stirred so you cannot see through.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Dec 19, 2017, 8:18:59 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The Matrix. This movie changed my life.

The original is my absolute, number one favorite movie of all time. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Even you scrotie wtf are you cracking on about? It's essentially about a sex change operation? Even if there can be some slight transexual undertones, it's nothing near the core of the movie. Many many themes stand far stronger than it. It seems to me something must have triggered you to be so annoyed by it because i can even at times be semi homophobic myself and the thought never even crossed my mind until i start hearing people put the whole meaning of the movie into it. And also bringing it to the left vs right arguments. This the dumb shit that leads to million page threads on trump, this is the dumb shit that happens in america and taints all reason in the political debates and no one can distinquish colors anymore.

People lose perspective because they are too submerged in their subjective little worlds arguments and emotional chains to prevent them from seeing with clarity. The muddy water of the mind is constantly stirred so you cannot see through.
I'm not even remotely annoyed by the Matrix. I might disagree with its creators and thus with its political and philosophical undertones, but, like a proper Shakespearean play for multiple audiences, it's still very enjoyable to watch. That's a very good strategy for delivering the seed of a contraversial viewpoint to people who would outright reject the message if it was presented directly. It's an extraordinarily well-written script with consistently solid execution. I don't fault my debate opponents for making the most persuasive argument they can; I say "touche" with respect when they score a point.

Regarding right vs left, I think you said it rather well: great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. I agree that ad hominem attacks, us-versus-them mentality, and above all the judgment of a person based solely on their D or R status are all dumb shit. But I don't think discussing political ideas is dumb shit. If anything, it is the failure to discuss ideas and the preoccupation with personalities rather than issues that makes most political discussion so philosophically unsatisfactory.
I liked the original Matrix but my God the sequels? Yuck.
Censored.
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Knowledge --> Understanding --> Wisdom

I disagree with that process.

First is Infomration which changes into knowlegde by Understanding it. Wisdom is something that manifests as consequencess of ACTING upon Understood Information = Knowledge.

So

Information - > Understanding - > Knowledge -> Action - > Wisdom as effect of actions.

I recommend triviumeducation.com seriously.

Beside that go and discuss further.

About Matrix i recommend some unpopular points of view:

Neo is not The One:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkMU1mKdwPI

Red Pill is the Lie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSVlOAocn8E

Thats makes some changes to whole series ;) Its fun to watch.
Last edited by de99ial on Dec 20, 2017, 5:54:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info