The Abyss Supporter Packs!

Currency changed to € and I can't upgrade now, fix this pls.
Whale bait.
I still can't upgrade not even if I switch language :/
Yeah, having challenge league supporter packs being released at the same time as a major content update is utter bollocks, and if this is the way it's going to be I will never get these specific challenge league supporter packs.

The entire idea was that the challenge leagues that get their own supporter packs were the ones between major content updates, such as Prophecy, Breach, Legacy. Because the challenge leagues that come out along with major content updates tend to be more simplistic in nature, since the main focus is meant to be said content update, and the challenge leagues between major content updates are more fleshed out, receiving more development time and resources.
Also, to compensate, the highest-tier supporter packs would be lower in price, because things like in-game content, at the time Divination Cards, would be things you could opt into if you had the highest tier supporter pack, rather than being an auto-include.
This was how the challenge league-specific supporter packs were justified by GGG.

But now, as shown by Harbinger and now Abyss, we're apparently going have challenge league supporter packs for the less elaborate challenge leagues, released along with major content updates and their supporter packs.

And with this and the much shorter time between the Oriath and War for the Atlas supporter packs, you're also pushing the frequency and number of supporter packs. Prophecy had one pack for $60. From Breach onwards, there was a $30 stepping stone, which was pretty nice. But now, two $60 packs? Why? It has cash-grab written all over it.

No. I say no. Doesn't help that Abyss is at best the second-worst challenge league ever either.
Last edited by Velari on Dec 15, 2017, 6:21:02 AM
Last supporter pack with a similar value for money was the Minotaur pack.

I expect a stream of new buyers in the next days and thus we will see a lot of "undead" player avatars ingame, like the Wotlk pre event ;)

btw: key difference between both supporter packs are:
One has a cloak / the other a portal

Other than that and like other mentioned:
-No upgrade option available
-"The Abyss Supporter Pack series includes two separate supporter packs of equal value, each with different but comparable content. Buy whichever you prefer, or both! "
Sounds allright. There are two packs with same value.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Dec 15, 2017, 4:05:14 AM
I have gotten several support packs and enjoyed the looks and feel of most the sets ive boughten. Sadly these packs dont do anything for me. The one with the Portal i feel should be 60 and one without 30 feels like they should of been like most packs. heres t1 heres t2 and enjoy both. Seperate they dont feel like there cost in cash is worth that 60 bucks. Sadly i will be not getting any of em even tho i do want the second one for looks and the first for portal. 3G this feels like a swing and a miss. : (

~ManAtArms
Loving the packs! As much as I worry about being judged poorly for it I am a MTX horder and I love my sparkles.The quality of everything you've been putting out lately at GGG has been awesome, so thank you guys! Keep up the glorious work! The effects on the Imp weapon effect especially are amazing - wish I had more green gear to go with it.

Now I need to swallow my pride and hide my wallet so I don't spend more money trying to get a fire cape...
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
The issue with upgrading should be fixed now. Sorry for the wait!

No it's not fixed. Upgrade button WAS present on WFTA packs before the update. Now it's gone and is not present on abyss packs either.
Last edited by AsbelFar on Dec 15, 2017, 4:06:20 AM
The Imp set goes with a lot of stuff. I think I also like the challenge reward helm with it more than the one you get with it.

Either way, it's pretty sweet!
"
Un4seenMaji wrote:
This game been ruined by these so called support packs, overpriced, takes away from the immersion of the game and they still not made unique look proper, there is not much in game you can even find that looks good at all because they just want force people to buy these so called support packs; word support used to manipulate people.

The price of these things for a bit of pixels is way over-top and is sign of the greed of this generation, sadly the cost has been peoples souls. They make a game that has more truth in it that they may realise, or perhaps they do realise...

You sound like a salty 50 years old vegan. It's 60$ per pack, literally less than 9 hours at work unless you're working at mc donalds.
Last edited by Tr3Angel on Dec 15, 2017, 4:13:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info