[3.1] Budget FrostBolt Totems 1mil+ dps on 6link -Fast clear -Guardians & Shaper down!

I can't understand for the life of me why my POB dps is so insanely low. Other than me missing levels on the skill tree, which I don't believe could bring me down 300k dps, me missing the Pandemonius, which gives me 7k dps only on POB, I can't think of anything else.
https://pastebin.com/JB9UvXWv <- my pastebin, please help me figure out what's wrong with my char
I can clear t10s easily, but this dps in pob worries me.

edit : https://pastebin.com/NJXrgQqs after some more levels and a respec from the scion start to the templar start, dps is looking much better and hopefully is on track for end game.
Last edited by huy0979 on Jan 11, 2018, 7:15:21 PM
"
huy0979 wrote:
I can't understand for the life of me why my POB dps is so insanely low. Other than me missing levels on the skill tree, which I don't believe could bring me down 300k dps, me missing the Pandemonius, which gives me 7k dps only on POB, I can't think of anything else.
https://pastebin.com/JB9UvXWv <- my pastebin, please help me figure out what's wrong with my char
I can clear t10s easily, but this dps in pob worries me.

At first glance you are missing 3 powercharge, which is huge because of the way shimmeron works.

With 3 additionnal powercharge, you can drop the inc.crit chance gem for something else (which is again more dps)

For what I will say next, keep in mind that I play a similar build, except I'm using GC instead of frostbolt, so I can be mistaken :

I don't like the way you use your ascendancy. For me, pathfinder do very little for you and I would replace it with assassin instead for easy crit cap with shimmeron. You don't use the "way of the templar" at all too, which feel like a waste of points.

In my build I saved something like 7 points using the way of the shadow for exemple, which is a nice increase of dps. I can share you my PoB if you want (even I'm playing with a different spell, it should be more or less the same thing).

Just doing the changes I said changed your PoB dps from 41k/totem to 78k7/totem (at lvl 75). This your PoB after my modifications : https://pastebin.com/15C0Uxek

What I changed :
- Inc critical strike chance support -> elemental focus support (if you still want to freeze, you can put something else)
- removed pathfinder ascendancy
- removed the useless path of templar
- removed the 2 elemental points in the shadow area
- removed the weak mana nodes near scion, you can put them back if you got too many points one day ;)
- removed the "retribution" node and attributes nodes leading to it
- removed the "devotion" node, it costs you 4 points to get there, and it gives you 14% life (so 3.5% life/point). Your points can be more effective in the scion life wheel
- added 3 power charges
- added nodes at the start of shadow area
- added witch crit nodes
- added 3 points in the scion life wheel for keeping the same amount of life

For lvl 90 : https://pastebin.com/UJYVzPHU (and points after that are spent on life)

Oh and also, your supports are not max lvl, no quality, and your frostbolt is lvl 18. Just maxing all those in my lvl 90 PoB skilltree put my dps from 103k to 160k. And if you really want to look at your potential PoB, you can also add a 6th link which put the dps to 192k with cold damage (208k with frostbolt lvl 21 if you are rich)

Edit : if you can improve your cold resist, the wise oak can be a nice dps upgrade too
Edit 2 : Just a little something for why I'm saying that pathfinder is not that useful to you -> the ascendancy only give you 30% damage. The 10% chance to not consume charges is for me way too unreliable, and the 50% chance to gain a flask charge just doesn't work with totem (because the totem is doing the crits, not you).
Last edited by Mennphis on Jan 10, 2018, 5:45:42 AM
I can understand your point about pathfinder, assassin is a good idea possibly now that I think about it. However, hierophant is crucial in power charge generation as well as allowing me to bring a decoy totem while not giving up one of my frostbolt totems, raising survivability and in a way damage because there is no need for me to give up a frostbolt totem for a decoy totem. I'll check out the passive tree changes you recommended and I'll try them as I go along with leveling this char. Thanks for the suggestions! I could live without a decoy totem, but how would you generate power charges in say, a boss fight? Assassin, assuming that power charges are generating by hitting the enemy at full life with totems, would not work in boss fights unless smaller minions are summoned, and even then, it seems to me like a sketchy way to get power charges.

Edit - now that I read it, I think you mean getting rid of pathfinder and path of the templar to get assassin, while keeping hierophant?
Last edited by huy0979 on Jan 11, 2018, 12:44:23 PM
"
huy0979 wrote:
I can understand your point about pathfinder, assassin is a good idea possibly now that I think about it. However, hierophant is crucial in power charge generation as well as allowing me to bring a decoy totem while not giving up one of my frostbolt totems, raising survivability and in a way damage because there is no need for me to give up a frostbolt totem for a decoy totem. I'll check out the passive tree changes you recommended and I'll try them as I go along with leveling this char. Thanks for the suggestions! I could live without a decoy totem, but how would you generate power charges in say, a boss fight? Assassin, assuming that power charges are generating by hitting the enemy at full life with totems, would not work in boss fights unless smaller minions are summoned, and even then, it seems to me like a sketchy way to get power charges.

Edit - now that I read it, I think you mean getting rid of pathfinder and path of the templar to get assassin, while keeping hierophant?

Your edit is correct : I'm taking hierophant (I'm using totem + frost bomb for the last totem for a little more boss dps), assassin, and way of the shadow on my char and on the PoB above ;)

No way that I'm removing hierophant ! The powercharge generation is the only reason why I'm taking scion over another ascendancy haha
Last edited by Mennphis on Jan 12, 2018, 3:22:28 AM
how do you handle the degen? never mind I get it now
Last edited by LtTrog on Jan 12, 2018, 8:11:13 PM
Hey i just rerolled to this build and had a few questions.

I agree with kikazaru idea and the assassin insted of pathfinder.

that being said, I Plugged in some other bullshit in PoB and i think im going to do this as freezing pulse totems instead of frostbolt. Wanted some help figuring out what to supp it with or whether frost bomb can b used etc. general stuff

if anyone can help it would b e much appreciated
!.!
My opinions so far about the build:
Pro,
1. I'll not drop decoy totem from the build no way, it's too risky unless you have a ton of god-damage that can save you from moving around.Has been many times my life savior.
2. I play with Kikazaru rings anyway for the boost dmg which is awesome, that allows me to do T14 maps and Uber lab with no issues so far. Died a few times but that's me being a noob.
3. The damage from PoB think is a bit exaggerated, anyways I'm enjoying the build so far.
4. Price to get you going is not a lot and to upgrade as well.
5. Really recommend the build to the new, it's really not hard at all.

Cons:

1. It seems laggy for party members.
2. It takes some time to get used to it, in terms of using flasks correctly.
3. Boss fights seem to take some time, in terms that despite having crit build, you can't freeze them= you're prone to get killed.
4. Upgrading is somewhat expensive like Pandemonium or Halycorn amulet.
5. You can't much play as MF , as that kind of gear for this build is somewhat difficult to balance, and you can't play with Bisco's.

https://pastebin.com/RQtnFfvK my build so far.
Let me know maybe I miss, skip or misinterpret something, as I'm still new to the game.
"
UcigaToaca wrote:
My opinions so far about the build:
Pro,
1. I'll not drop decoy totem from the build no way, it's too risky unless you have a ton of god-damage that can save you from moving around.Has been many times my life savior.
2. I play with Kikazaru rings anyway for the boost dmg which is awesome, that allows me to do T14 maps and Uber lab with no issues so far. Died a few times but that's me being a noob.
3. The damage from PoB think is a bit exaggerated, anyways I'm enjoying the build so far.
4. Price to get you going is not a lot and to upgrade as well.
5. Really recommend the build to the new, it's really not hard at all.

Cons:

1. It seems laggy for party members.
2. It takes some time to get used to it, in terms of using flasks correctly.
3. Boss fights seem to take some time, in terms that despite having crit build, you can't freeze them= you're prone to get killed.
4. Upgrading is somewhat expensive like Pandemonium or Halycorn amulet.
5. You can't much play as MF , as that kind of gear for this build is somewhat difficult to balance, and you can't play with Bisco's.

https://pastebin.com/RQtnFfvK my build so far.
Let me know maybe I miss, skip or misinterpret something, as I'm still new to the game.

At first glance, you forgot the shadow power charge on your PoB and the "Shaman's domination" node (which is a great increase of DPS). Also you will want more hp nodes too ^^
Taking Shaman's I want but right now I'm still lev 88, that is another 5 points to reach there and then here is my question:
Dmg or life?
I can resp some points from the tree and get the Shaman's node, not sure which points to resp and from where.
I can see the potential of the node though.
One thing as well:

Boss fights:
-it takes way too long with all 4 totems down, especially those with a ranged attack.

Now is the second question:
- I can see the big boss fights pictures and the fact that you did all content.
My question:
- How long those fights last and aswell the fight on the high T-maps.

I'm worried about it.
Thinking to drop the Kika rings and to follow same gear as the owner maybe for the crit/freeze chance on high T maps.
The length of the fight is what kept me from not be able to survive the long fight with high T-bosses.
If any has videos with fights of all bosses, thanks.
hi, I use FP with this build and now'm lv82. Temporarily still feel easy to finish T8 maps. But I'm curious about how much damage can be dealt with GC skill?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info