[3.1] Budget FrostBolt Totems 1mil+ dps on 6link -Fast clear -Guardians & Shaper down!

"
Adormus wrote:
"
blubaer wrote:
"
Adormus wrote:
I think I'll try a variant with Guardian/2x Kikazaru. Comnibe that with Selfflagellation and you get an enormous DPS boost as well as no need for Curse dispelling. Downside is the loss of the Decoy Totem.

Mh, damn, so man options...

Actually the downside is how to get power charges. The only way to get them without hitting a mob with a spell or attack is by using the trap or warcry shield.

You could always take the assassin ascendancy instead of pathfinder. 20% to get a power charge on kill or Boss Hit. That'd be another huge boost to DPS as well, thanks to the crit multiplier. You just have to be more careful with your flasks. But on the upside, you can roll your flasks with more usefuls mods, because the curse immunity is not needed.

There is the option of using weapon-switch with the new shaper mod - gain a power charge when 200 mana spent with wands. If you dual wield these and maybe use some kind of high mana cost skill/curse you can pretty easily sustain the power charges, every 8 sec or so just swap to them, throw one or two curses and switch back. Go for 2 of them with high cast speed. That way you could swap to guardian and use kikazaru combo.

Although i dont we gain immediate dps from this in single target it might be nice for guardians/shaper/uber atziri
Does anyone try to use Deadeye instead of Pathfinder ?
going back to what I was saying about incinerate can't normally crit - that's the key for power charge generation!

Back when I used it and Romira's Banquet on a Heirophant you would gain power charges super fast as incinerate hits a lot, but it never normally crits so you don't lose power charge on crit due to Romira's Banquet

On a Heirophant with that Power of Conviction node, you would also gain a lot of endurance charges just as fast for perma immortal call!

Anyway this does open up the choice of Incinerate + COH + curse + faster projectiles ( for more range) or arcane surge. Could also use a CWC setup

---

And if you take Resolute Technique you can't crit (or miss with attack skills), so you could use some wand skills like power siphon/barrage/kinetic blast for power charge generation with Romira's Banquet. One Kinetic Blast volley will have you at max power charges in no time, and also run a curse on hit setup.

But this also effects totems, so it's a no go.

But I wonder if traps/mines can still crit with Resolute Technique
If so, it would be a nice setup for Shimmeron Traps/Mines build for reliable power charge generation

Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 24, 2017, 4:13:14 PM
welp with the Shimmeron wands, scratch using incinerate, as even it can reach 70% crit chance if you push it

hell it'll do over 230k Shaper DPS per totem when done so.....with a 6 link totem setup....and a ice golem/ice trap to proc EE via the Artifice ring... 400k each for trash...

Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 24, 2017, 5:07:45 PM
Noob question: how does this build generate endurance charges for immortal call?

Also what pantheon choices are good? Especially before I can capture any souls in maps.

Finally, I seem to be dying all the time to DoT after switching to Shimmeron. Is its crit clause coming up somehow from totem and golems? It's confusing. Edit: figured this out - lab enchant on gloves did this to me.
Last edited by pokie66 on Dec 25, 2017, 6:28:11 PM
Hmm Storm barrier is another way to get power charges, when hit, with a channeling skill that doesn't crit like blight, scorching ray.

Could be used with a CWC curse and arcane surge setup

"
CoolColJ wrote:
Hmm Storm barrier is another way to get power charges, when hit, with a channeling skill that doesn't crit like blight, scorching ray.

You shouldn't need another way to generate power charges, it's so easy to do it when summoning totems lol
"
Chaseroonie1 wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:

You shouldn't need another way to generate power charges, it's so easy to do it when summoning totems lol

Only if you take the Heirophant node,
and sometimes, you want to conserve flask charges without spamming totems and stacking curses on yourself.

The other thing I've been using is the War cry shield, that gives you 2 power charges per war cry, even if no mobs are around. Pretty handy for extending power charge duration

Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 27, 2017, 8:39:29 PM
What if I wanted to do assassin over pathfinder? Or am I missing something god tier about pathfinder which doesn't seem as mandatory as it sounds to be?
I dont know if you have mentioned it before but please mention enchantment's downside.

I got my gloves enchanted without realizing the side affects. That started a series of deaths cause it got a word of ire enchantment. Most glove enchantments are damage dealing directly or indirectly and with all power charges and 92% crit chance, everything crits and u die before u know what hit you.

Should I vaal my gloves now and pray that it wont brick my gloves? Or am I mistaken in this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info