Severe Fps Drops post 3.1

Logged in for one map earlier in the day, fps drops still occurring.

I think this is the max extent that my play will become, hoping for a fix, and not spending further money for the same poorly optimized game that currently exists.

0 fps drops prior to 3.1. post 3.1 no matter the build as soon as I encounter a pack this is my fps. Whatever changed between the ten day races and 3.1 completely ruined the game for me.
Last edited by lif44 on Dec 27, 2017, 6:10:50 PM
Installing 378.92 nvidia drivers brought back my fps from 40-60 to 100+. Event if it's nvidia's fault I believe the ball is in GGG court to identify the problem and either fix it or report to nvidia. As it stays it's kinda unplayable with newer drivers.
Okay, I'll eat my words. When I was playing around computer cooling I noticed that my gpu load is 100% in desktop. After quick investigation I found the culprit - some bitcoin mining program (it was installed in ..\AppData\Roaming\<some folder used by other app\Precomp\precomp.exe + few more files there). KAV did not warn about it, no idea how and when it got there.

I removed it and installed latest nvidia drivers - everything works fine. It would appear that the miner fails to run with lower priorities (as it should do unless it wants to be detected faster) with newer drivers.

So bottom line - if you have performance improvements when rolling back drivers to older version - check your gpu load in desktop.
"
wiper wrote:
Okay, I'll eat my words. When I was playing around computer cooling I noticed that my gpu load is 100% in desktop. After quick investigation I found the culprit - some bitcoin mining program (it was installed in ..\AppData\Roaming\<some folder used by other app\Precomp\precomp.exe + few more files there). KAV did not warn about it, no idea how and when it got there.

I removed it and installed latest nvidia drivers - everything works fine. It would appear that the miner fails to run with lower priorities (as it should do unless it wants to be detected faster) with newer drivers.

So bottom line - if you have performance improvements when rolling back drivers to older version - check your gpu load in desktop.

gpu load never hits over 52%

Glad you got rid of that miner on your pc, be a bit more careful now yeah? :P

Edit: Issue on going of course.
Last edited by lif44 on Dec 28, 2017, 2:21:49 PM
Hi everyone

I had framerates going +200 to 0-13 all the time..

So far it's fixed for me now with +150 frames dropping to about 100 sometimes.

1. Open Nvidia Control Panel
2. Manage 3D settings
3. Choose "Program Settings"
4. Find your Path of Exile in the program list.
5. Scroll down to "Power Management Mode" And set it to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

My setting was default one of Nvidia "Optimal" which seems to cause the spikes.

Give it a try (havn't read every post so this may have been suggested before.).

Best regards
Thanks that helped for me as well, went from 15-25 to 100-144 fps again, seems it got screwed up after updating the graphic drivers.
ign:Cursedflame
"
Hi everyone

I had framerates going +200 to 0-13 all the time..

So far it's fixed for me now with +150 frames dropping to about 100 sometimes.

1. Open Nvidia Control Panel
2. Manage 3D settings
3. Choose "Program Settings"
4. Find your Path of Exile in the program list.
5. Scroll down to "Power Management Mode" And set it to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

My setting was default one of Nvidia "Optimal" which seems to cause the spikes.

Give it a try (havn't read every post so this may have been suggested before.).

Best regards

I wish it was that simple.

Edit: To reiterate, everything ran fine up until 3.1. Nothing was changed on my PC between the ten day races where I had 0 frame rate issues and the gap between the end of said race and the start of Abyss, this started only when Abyss league started.

Last edited by lif44 on Dec 28, 2017, 9:08:36 PM
Still on going~

"
"Power Management Mode" And set it to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

Well... this actually worked for me, can't believe this worked but it did.

Thanks Draupner42, this was the fix that has me running smoothly once again :)

No doubt 3.1 patch broke something, but its kinda odd that some fixes work for others while other fixes don't work. For those having troubles, I would recommend trying one suggestion at a time until you find the fix that works for you.
Last edited by RedCorvus on Dec 29, 2017, 11:17:46 AM
on going
have the same probleme here to . Laptop I5 7300HQ 8 Gb DDR 4 Video Gtx 1050TI (lenovo Legion) and get masive Fps drops during gameplay . Cant LaB , cant evade cand to anything is there any fix to this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info