Severe Fps Drops post 3.1

You can head here and find the driver...
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Your looking for version 378.92 from March
So guys I am doing some tests today. Someone mentioned life leech earlier and it absolutely is life leech! Thankfully Life gain on hit does not seem to affect the fps so it's easy to test.

Here are my results:

cyclone with life leech gem:
- starts a bit choppy
- as i kill monsters the choppiness increases and the fps drops more and more in combat (in big packs it stays around 20-30 fps)
- i tested in standard but in abyss cracks i know that it can go down to 5-15 easily

cyclone without any kind of life leech but with lgoh (same dps as above):
- no chopiness
- in big packs the fps drops to ~40 but it feels smooth still

I did it in dx11 with multithreading and vsync on. Everything else on lowest setting.

I suggest you guys test it out yourselves.
"
otinanai2 wrote:
So guys I am doing some tests today. Someone mentioned life leech earlier and it absolutely is life leech! Thankfully Life gain on hit does not seem to affect the fps so it's easy to test.

Here are my results:

- starts a bit choppy
- as i kill monsters the choppiness increases and the fps drops more and more in combat (in big packs it stays around 20-30 fps)
- i tested in standard but in abyss cracks i know that it can go down to 5-15 easily

- no chopiness

I did it in dx11 with multithreading and vsync on. Everything else on lowest setting.

I am playing a spectre build, still have constant fps issues.

I'm glad you've found a source for your issue but this isn't the source for mine.

Anyhow, ongoing, can't maintain fps with nothing but itunes running alongside poe. Would be nice to have some form of acknowledgement after the holidays.
"
lif44 wrote:
"
otinanai2 wrote:

Here are my results:

- starts a bit choppy

- no chopiness

I'm glad you've found a source for your issue but this isn't the source for mine.

Anyhow, ongoing, can't maintain fps with nothing but itunes running alongside poe. Would be nice to have some form of acknowledgement after the holidays.

are you spectres or other minions leeching life tho? if yes it could be the same issue
Last edited by otinanai2 on Dec 24, 2017, 3:04:31 PM
If you are hitting this, elsewhere someone said that using the PoE command line argument --softwaresound helped them out; if it works for you, post sound card info maybe?
Has the CPU usage tied to framerate bug returned?

You guys remember the lootfilter bug where it accidentally scanned every frame causing high cpu usage? Looks like it's returned, but it's not tied to loot filters (maybe, happens when turned on or set to none).

I'm playing around with my vsync option and have 13% cpu usage with 30 fps, 30%~ / 60 fps, & 50%+ / 130 fps. Doing all this while sitting in my hideout.

w10-home 64bit, multithreading on, dx11, poe 64bit, dynamic resolution off, windowed fullscreen. GTX 970 (driver:388.13), i7 920, triple channel ddr3 6gb ram, physx set to gpu.
Last edited by Jeremyz0r on Dec 25, 2017, 11:19:47 AM
"
otinanai2 wrote:
"
lif44 wrote:
"
otinanai2 wrote:

Here are my results:

- starts a bit choppy

- no chopiness

are you spectres or other minions leeching life tho? if yes it could be the same issue

It occurred just the same on my Glacial Cascade miner as it does on my Spectre build.

--softwaresound didnt make any noticeable difference although I keep it on as a placebo.

Anyhow, merry Christmas. Issue is still on going though.
ongoing
i7 965 extreme @ 3.3ghz
12 gb ram
gtx 980ti

game runs like hot garbage on the lowest settings on either dx9 or 11, multithreading off is even worse. sad state of the game. back to skyrim with 75+ mods with 2k textures and smooth gameplay
I7 6700K @ 4ghz
16 GB Ram @3300 Mhz
GTX 1070

My Frames are dropping like a hot Chick twerking.
FPS are dropping below 120 fps in Combat (when the screen is full with mobs it drops to 60-30)it's still playable but no fun with a 144hz Monitor!

When i last played i never dropped below 160 fps sometimes 130.
And i noticed a difference in fps even out of Combat.I always had like 500fps in the darkest corner of my Hideout, but now max fps that i reach is 350!? (I know 500 fps is not necessary but it's an indicator.

My plan was to buy the Abyss supporter Pack and start mapping over the Holidays but this ruined it completely for me.
Last edited by Hokrates on Dec 27, 2017, 4:00:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info