Severe Fps Drops post 3.1

Wow! Re-installing old drivers fixed everything! Game is so much better now. This needs to be on reddit or pinned by GGG lol.. such a lifesaver
Load into town, shitty new overbloated MTX with 1000s of particle effects rip my framerate a new one. Go maping and so it goes on. This will never get fixed will it now? I'll just have to say goodbye to this game.
Same Issue here.

8700k @5Ghz
GTX 1080 Ti

Both custom water loop at 1440p I get drops to 24FPS sometimes for a random short period.

I actually thought my OC was unstable at first..... despite passing 5 hours Prime95 Torture test small FFT's but it seems It's Poe patch / coding related.

Edit: I used the GPU drivers listed on page 1 and this increased my overall frames by over 100 - So far I've seen no dips but i'll update if I see anything.

Seems to me the game has comparability issues with the latest Ndvia drivers
Last edited by Drakoni on Jun 29, 2018, 6:56:56 AM
Isn't it great that GGG releases new MTX everyday and there are no optimization changes to the game recently that actually optimize the game. Sure there are some changes but it barely does anything. Gotta make those MTX that uses a lot of particles that drops the fps and completely ignore optimization. Isn't it just great?
Remove or Disable Cortana, Remove OneDrive, Remove as may unneeded Windows Apps from your System, cause Windows will look for updates for them (Look into task manager for wsappx).

Go to Start > Settings > System > Notifications and actions > Turn off "Show me tips about Windows."
Reply (if your Disk Usage is at 95+ % in idle mode)

This is what brought my framerate to a stable 60 fps again.
HOLY F*CK, the joy.. the happiness I'm feeling right now.. To all of you posting what worked for you, THANK YOU, so so much.

After 1 year with this stuttering, fps dropping piece of shit, now its finally working, stutter free, smooth, it really feels like playing a whole different game.

Alright, now that i got that off my chest, here are my specs and what worked for me:

Intel Core i7-6700K
32 GB RAM
ASUS strix GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 home
Game installed on M.2 SSD
Starting game via the x64 version and running it as administrator.
https://imgur.com/a/BOSA2in <--- exact settings ingame

(Trying to include the important stuff)

What i DID:

Uninstalled OneDrive and other non important applications.
Made sure Cortana was disabled.
Made sure the "Show me tips about windows" was off.

Did this routine:

flush your TCP/IP
1. Right click on your Windows Start Menu, and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" or just search for Command Prompt and right click, run as administrator. (You should see a black box)
2. Now type in or copy and paste, "netsh int ip reset" Press Enter. Then do the same for "netsh winsock reset"
3. This should run through the TCP/IP reset.
Once it's complete, you'll need to restart the computer for the process to finish. Done!

Pretty sure this was the big one:

If your using Nvidia drivers / GPU, roll your drivers back to:

If your using windows 7 use -- https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/116342
If your using windows 10 use -- https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/116344

BUT, VERY IMPORTANT, USE DDU TO DO THIS.

Download DDU here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I rebooted my pc into safe mode with network access.
( How to do this )

1. Press Windows logo key Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select Settings .
2. Select Update & security > Recovery .
3. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
5. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 to start your PC in Safe Mode with network access.

When my PC was started in safe mode with network, I ran the DDU and choose the recommended option, the reset driver and restart computer option.

When the computer booted, I installed the nvidia driver above.

And then MAGIC. I am now swooping around ingame with a solid 120-144 fps, no spikes, no stutter.

This worked for me! Really hope this helps maybe some of you.. And REALLY hope GGG fixes this piece of shit fuck of a problem, I've been so close to rage quitting this game so many times due to this.

THANKS AGAIN to you guys who takes the time to post what worked for you in hopes of helping others, you deserve a medal.

"
Fruttagurt wrote:
HOLY F*CK, the joy.. the happiness I'm feeling right now.. To all of you posting what worked for you, THANK YOU, so so much.

After 1 year with this stuttering, fps dropping piece of shit, now its finally working, stutter free, smooth, it really feels like playing a whole different game.

Alright, now that i got that off my chest, here are my specs and what worked for me:

Intel Core i7-6700K
32 GB RAM
ASUS strix GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 home

What i DID:

Did this routine:

flush your TCP/IP
1. Right click on your Windows Start Menu, and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" or just search for Command Prompt and right click, run as administrator. (You should see a black box)
2. Now type in or copy and paste, "netsh int ip reset" Press Enter. Then do the same for "netsh winsock reset"
Once it's complete, you'll need to restart the computer for the process to finish. Done!

Download DDU here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

( How to do this )

1. Press Windows logo key Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select Settings .
4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
5. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 to start your PC in Safe Mode with network access.

When my PC was started in safe mode with network, I ran the DDU and choose the recommended option, the reset driver and restart computer option.

And then MAGIC. I am now swooping around ingame with a solid 120-144 fps, no spikes, no stutter.

This worked for me! Really hope this helps maybe some of you.. And REALLY hope GGG fixes this piece of shit fuck of a problem, I've been so close to rage quitting this game so many times due to this.

THANKS AGAIN to you guys who takes the time to post what worked for you in hopes of helping others, you deserve a medal.

Nice explanation, ill try this later, hopefully i can fix this problem
Experiencing massive fps drops since 3.4 here, so much so that breaches and mob density around shrines are unplayable, just examples. Only semi-solution i found is to run full potato settings (all low/off) and set network to predictive. I have fiber and usually fluctuate between 25-40ms,as soon as I activate a breach, it jumps to ~120 and stays there.

Even with all settings low/off I get 75% gpu usage in hideout.

Ryzen 7 1700 3.85Ghz
Nvidia 980 Ti OC using 1440p
16GB RAM
Running PoE on a separate SSD from OS

Only thing i haven't tested is the specific driver version Fruttagurt posted, will try it later.
Last edited by FurionBG on Sep 7, 2018, 3:55:14 AM
POE has ALWAYS run like trash for me. Stuttery movement. Random freezes. Random crashes with no log, about 3x an hour on average currently in Betrayal league.

The code is shit. There's no other explanation. GGG is in such a hurry to make a quick buck, they don't optimize their code AT ALL.

SPECS:

i7-9700
Geforce 2080
32GB RAM
1TB SSD
Win 10 64-bit
Dual Monitors that run 2ms 270fps cap
Fiber optic 1gb up/down speed internet service

My machine is a MONSTER for gaming. I've invested thousands of dollars so that I can ensure an excellent gaming experience for myself. I've checked and rechecked all of my drivers and software. Reinstalled POE. NOT using STEAM at all, its a direct install.

You can't tell me this is something on the player side. I can live stream while I play the latest games in 4k NO PROBLEM, but POE runs like trash? It's PAINFULLY obvious GGG is to blame.
"
Fruttagurt wrote:

Intel Core i7-6700K
32 GB RAM
ASUS strix GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 home

What i DID:

Did this routine:

flush your TCP/IP

( How to do this )

It worked for me! Thank you! THANK YOU! I can play again. Follow this, folks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info