Severe Fps Drops post 3.1

"
Lethalis88 wrote:
Welcome to the club... I'm wondering when I will see "CONSTANT DISCONNECT ISSUES AND TERRIBLE LAG SPIKES HAVE BEEN FIXED" as MoTD instead of new shiny microtransactions...

I know this is going back in time, but seeing this same stupid post on, like, the twentieth thread in a row... oh, my, god.

The game runs exactly as it does in open beta. I even found a post from a while ago where I listed my specs playing from the game's launch into 1.2/1.3, and 2.3, and 3.0, chronicling all of my PC upgrades and tweaks I've done since a fresh install of Windows when upgrading.

The game runs exactly the same. Frame drops and stutter are the norm along with heavy MTX lag and ground effects lag. Particles just ruin this game without even adding a dazzling visual enhancement.
Nothing new, no help from support, no end in sight.

The steps i have taken to get back to 3.0 performance:
Tried disabling/enabling most combinations of graphic options
Reinstalled
Installed PoE on a fresh system
Fiddled around with drivers
Tried all the workarounds users have recommended on this forum and reddit
Bought more RAM (now at 16GB)
Bought a new(ish) GPU

Still crashing randomly with multiple exceptions pointing towards GGGs internal code repository.
Still dropping FPS to unplayable levels whenever i encounter a high density (i.e. 2x Beyond, Abysses).
Still dropping FPS to 1-2 whenever entering a high density map.
Still crashing in Elder Guardian areas.
Still not able to join any Poorjoys Rotations due to constant crashes or abyssimal FPS whenever someone uses Poets Pen or other rapid firing epilepsy builds.

I have been enjoying this game a lot recently but the frustration of losing maps/breaches/abysses or the inability of playing Hardcore is taking over.
Last edited by GGorebachev on Jan 20, 2018, 3:12:41 PM
Every time they patch i hold on to my heart

now 3.1.2 is out since yesterday and there goes the drops again
Would you believe if I said it was on going?

No reasonable response, no further information.

Sounds like GGG.
Im over it, going back to blizzard games.
I have been having fps spikes since 3.1.

Tried reverting nvidia drivers as recommended to 378.92 with no difference.

What actually seems to resolve my issue is when I am in game already, changing power management in nvidia control panel from prefer maximum performance to something else and then back to maximum performance. The spikes will not happen anymore until I close and launch poe again.

This isn't an issue in any other game I play.

Hopefully this helps.
I have a state-of-the-art PC with a combination of Core i7 8700k, Samsung 960 EVO ssd, 32gb HyperX DDR4 3000 RAM and AORUS GTX 1080ti video card with 11GB of GDDR5 memory. It's obvious that I am able to run PoE on my PC with maxed settings (I have a 165hz 1440p IPS monitor) with 150+ fps.

However! I am experiencing constant periodical drops to 20-25 fps for example when I enter Lioneye's Watch, talk to Nissa, open settings windows, skill tree and such. As soon as I close trade window or similar, fps goes back to normal (160+). Please advise what to do now, as this is very irritating to me. I played during Harbinger league on a old pc and gameplay was smooth (average fps was, of course, much lower, but no fps drops apart from usual situations like breach or similar).
PoE4life
I have NVIDIA GTX 1060 8GO RAM and I5 7700HQ huge fps drops from 130 to 3 abyssal makes it constant <10 many mobs makes it also that way i mean for a sec i was thinking maybe it's my internet but when i readed the thread i've undrestood that it isn't.
so here am I waiting for a fix.
ALL THE LUCK

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info