160% extra damage as elemental for EK? who approved this mod?????

You should see mirror crafters... They already have 8L helms with life and what s not (ho lol few years ago we nerfed Bringer Twice because too strong... HAHA yea GG).

YOU CAN T COMEBACK FROM THIS. Game is in ruin.
Yes the abyss league is fun but in the end the game is totaly ruined by powercreeps.

Rory please you need to explain yourself!
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Dec 11, 2017, 5:11:06 AM
I am a little ( a lot) worried about those new items too... Me and my brother might just quit for good (again!) after this new patch. We are debating as of now if this game is worth investing time and effort anymore.

Good job balance team.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Dec 11, 2017, 5:36:08 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
I am a little ( a lot) worried about those new items too... Me and my brother might just quit for good (again!) after this new patch. We are debating as of now if this game is worth investing time and effort anymore.

Good job balance team.

That's bs argumrnt.If you enjoying it in a controlled 3 month enviroment ,there is no reason not to play it.If you hoping though continuing to standard and don't expect changes then I have news for you...

This game was never standard centric though some enjoy it even if I don't understand it.Maybe the need for hoarding items through multiple leagues or something,I don't know.But still.Its not ever a "waste of time". ever.Well as waste of time games are in general
Bye bye desync!
I can confirm these stats are global.
They always were.
Look at this item:

We all know that and it gives a flat 30% more damage, which made this item to one of the best stat sticks for skills like sunder.

I found one of these shaper sticks myself:

It boosts my sunder damage significantly - but then on the other hand we see a huge increase in power overall in the (end)game.
Let us all face the Elder in red maps and see if we still think these items are "broken" or if the game just got much harder in general.

After fighting some of the Elder possessed bosses, I think we will need this "new" amount of damage. Even a Tier8 Boss had more life than most T14/T15 bosses I know.
Idk why GGG made this move, they could've made all these items corrupted - as talismans - so the real GG ones would've been extremely rare, non craftable and moreso non mirrorable.
But they didn't.
We'll see what happens next, but as you all said already, there's no coming back from this...

EDIT:
"
Let us all face the Elder in red maps and see if we still think these items are "broken" or if the game just got much harder in general.

After fighting some of the Elder possessed bosses, I think we will need this "new" amount of damage. Even a Tier8 Boss had more life than most T14/T15 bosses I know.

So looks like things are going towards the direction I feared. Those new items are mandatory for endgame (and looks like yellow maps are included now!) and who doesn't have a good bunch of them can just accept it or go f... o..
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Dec 11, 2017, 6:05:28 AM
"
Wazz72 wrote:
Idk why GGG made this move, they could've made all these items corrupted - as talismans - so the real GG ones would've been extremely rare, non craftable and moreso non mirrorable.
But they didn't.
We'll see what happens next, but as you all said already, there's no coming back from this...

Exactly my thoughts.
If these items would drop corrupted, you would need to be very lucky to ever get your hands on a good one of them.
Now you bascially only need a high ilvl one and chaos spam until you have a huge power item.
It makes most other rare items completely uninteresting.
You still might want "old" rare bases to get specific stats that would be very hard to get on a shaper/elder items with a much larger range of possible mods, for examples Phys Damage rolls on weapons.
Last edited by IamLoco on Dec 11, 2017, 10:43:16 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
IamLoco wrote:

If 'powercreep' ever gets added to the dictionary, they could quote this.

You know what I am thinking?

I personally think the balance team was looking for a way to get rid off some overpowered legacy items with stats like 70% crit multi and items that were mirror items for "too long", enabling only the richest players to ever get one of them.
Items that were eternal crafted while still available for a larger player base might lose some value or get completely replaced by different approaches in terms of playstyle and builds.

This equals out the huge gap between the average player and the top 1% of super rich people.

I am not saying this is good or bad, I just think that is GGG´s approach to remove an old elephant in the room.

Give power to everyone and make the game a lot harder - it is like pushing the reset button without nerfing anything. So we got what we always wanted (warning: Irony).
I haven't quite made up my mind on these items as of yet.

With GGG's business model, they HAVE to push put new content, new mechanics, new dangers, items, bosses etc. For the game to evolve, new chase items have to be introduced. And these chase items have to be better than the others, or less the whole point of the chase is gone. But to close the "powercreep circle", they also have to introduce new dangers, which it seems like they have. And we are left with the same old story; old items become obsolete after a while.

I wasn't worried until I see these mods. Global mods. They are dangerous. "Supported by X(gem)" mods were never that dangerous, as we were talking about 3/4 linked items.

The danger of powercreep is always the state of "old" items. And if an axe can make an old wand obsolete, we're off to a VERY bad start.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Not a bad hypothesis.

Talk about kill or cure though.

To paraphrase a german proverb:
"Operation successful, Patient dead."

The biggest danger I see here is that they do not reach what they were aiming for, while at the same time trivializing their previous content.
Nearly everything I've seen introduced so far in Abyss is vastly more powerful than what we've had so far, reducing choice significantly. Yes, they have to push new content, and yes, some of it has to be more powerful, but this much? I thought the point of temporary leagues was to not have to go that far.
This is getting close to chinese browser games.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Well, I kinda fear they don't know either.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info