The Fire and Ice Mystery Box

7 Box 210 points = 860 points

Looks cool
Cosmetics in gaming has gone to far, that it has taken away from the very immersion of the game. Greed has run rampart in the gaming industry and has effected games themselves, things which once where part of sets people quested and found in games, now you buy it with $ and have it from level 1. Sigh at what the world is becoming, this is just one sign of the state of mankind spirit.
"
DrAssclown wrote:
What are you going to do GGG when they make Loot boxes illegal? it cant come soon enough

Agreed, and cosmetics also should be in general.
Yikes.....no lewt box exclusives, all will be for sale soon. :\
"
Un4seenMaji wrote:
Cosmetics in gaming has gone to far, that it has taken away from the very immersion of the game. Greed has run rampart in the gaming industry and has effected games themselves, things which once where part of sets people quested and found in games, now you buy it with $ and have it from level 1. Sigh at what the world is becoming, this is just one sign of the state of mankind spirit.

says a guy who never supported GGG. He just plays for free.
The only accepted purchase is the price a game costs as ust' to be the case, anything to far over brings accountability in spirit, as that money could be used to help those in need which you are held to account by universal laws for walking them by. People who spend hundreds on themselves in video games the universe will hold it against you and manifest consequences in time. Most people experience the consequences in death when their consciousness shifts to the spiritual reality. In wisdom never spend too much on anything for yourself, and put others more in need first.
"
Speed_Racer wrote:
"
Un4seenMaji wrote:

I have bought the game, but no further.
"
Speed_Racer wrote:
"
Un4seenMaji wrote:

btw your buying for yourself not for GGG, it is no different than any other purchase if you truly where supporting them you give money without anything in return. Even when people do kick-starters it not true support they are buying into something and receiving something in return. The entire concept of using word support is just to manipulate people into spending.
"
Un4seenMaji wrote:
"
Speed_Racer wrote:
"
Un4seenMaji wrote:

I have bought the game, but no further.

First off, you cannot buy a free game.

You have to consider that a company has costs. I'm not talking a few hundred dollars a month. I'm talking many thousands a month. They have to pay employees, utilities, site hosting, and for servers. These expenses could easily pass $80,000-$100,000 per month. If GGG has 40 employees and pays each of them $15 an hour it will cost them around $5,000 per day. Multiply that number by 20 work days per month and you are at $100,000. I don't even know their monthly utility expenses such as air conditioning, power, etc, but it is probably close to a few thousand a month.

GGG is a business, and their job is to make money, and I feel they do so fairly and wish they succeed.

I'm not sure exactly how GGG has their servers setup. I don't know if they own their own or if they rent some out. Either way, you are talking huge monthly expenses. Renting a Dedicated Server starts off at $100+ a month. To house 20,000-100,000 players you're probably looking at high server costs. Don't act like GGG is running off making bank. It's a (free to play) game and it is the best moto of it I've probably seen.

Go play any other game that has loot crates that are pay to win. The market has become sick and to the point that not just free to play games (where it should be only) to AAA games having loot boxes and micro-transactions. This game has given me over 1100 hours of playtime so I gladly support them.

I fear you're falling into the "The game says it's free so I'm not paying!" mindset. The game is free not because they have no expenses or because they are doing this for charity. They are running a business and this system is better than a currency market where you can buy currency or items like most other games.

With all else into account, if you can come up with a better business model and can present it to GGG then perhaps they'll change their way and make everything free. Chances are you got no magical business plan up your sleeves :)

Thanks for your time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info