[3.1] COMK IS BACK! Sundering Volcanos! OP / Cheap / Fun!

"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Nice build Idea! I added you to the list.

Can you please upload a video of your boss killing abilitys? While Chayula was nice to see. I would like to see a map boss.

Cheers!

Thanks for adding me to the list!

Sold my 5l martyr staff to fund my new build ( double poet ) so will have to buy a new one XD
And this is what's left of my chest :D
Last edited by Yagamai on Dec 12, 2017, 7:56:50 AM
too bad :D

But I guess the Poet Meme's are so tempting.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

It's just broken lol

This combo with EE:

Arc
Innervate
Lightning Penetration

Bodyswap
Elemental Focus ( burn doesn't do much )
Chance to Ignite

Huge shocks, teleport all across the map and a CoC setup in

Will write guide in a few hours once I hit some higher level maps if you are interested :)
Nice. I saw TarkeCat... wtf.

you can write a guide if you want, I for my self are still in the beginning of the league. I'll reroll a new slayer today after I realized that my flame totem chieftain does not work in Abyss like I wanted it to do.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
Yagamai wrote:
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

It's just broken lol

This combo with EE:

Arc
Innervate
Lightning Penetration

Bodyswap
Elemental Focus ( burn doesn't do much )
Chance to Ignite

Huge shocks, teleport all across the map and a CoC setup in

Will write guide in a few hours once I hit some higher level maps if you are interested :)

yea I wanted to test poets pen crit for sure,
followed the crem build which was fun, and got currency for the pens.
insane leveling as far.
Last edited by skjutengris on Dec 12, 2017, 6:21:05 PM
So how do you stay alive when you're getting hit using that Staff? I'm pretty newbish lol
Hey, I've used this build as the basis of my first character in Abyss.

It's pretty darn good fun. I did buy the Martyer Staff and its great. Just a bit fiddly laying traps and hitting desecrate for bosses but I'll get better at it I'm sure. I'm not expecting this to get into high tier maps but as a starter character its pretty neat!

Thanks for posting OP. I like different ideas that do not require super elite gear!
Last edited by drinkturps on Dec 15, 2017, 10:10:00 AM
Tweaked this build a bit as it started to feel a bit weak.

I opted for faster sunders for more reliable melee damage in general. Took vaal pact and all the mana/life leech node near Duelist start so I can run without a mana flask. Avatar of fire etc etc...

But the real turning point was COMK BODYSWAP! It's basically a frenzy free flicker strike that provides faster map clears and large warp into packs and explode AOE fire damage.

Still tweaking and experimenting, but so far this has been massively better on the whole. Bosses can still be a Warchief/Kite fest, I find the decay and trap thing to clunky to bother with. But with the faster sunders It's not too bad. I put in manual casting volatile dead for a little added damage when I'm kiting, assuming there are adds on the fight, which there almost always are at some point.

Spoiler

Give it a go, lmk what you think. Dat bodyswap baby. I probably should have went Overkill life leech for my Merc lab, but I'm testing out the two bottom right AOE nodes for bigger BS explosions.

Last edited by Starang798 on Dec 15, 2017, 5:01:10 PM
"
Starang798 wrote:
Tweaked this build a bit as it started to feel a bit weak.

I opted for faster sunders for more reliable melee damage in general. Took vaal pact and all the mana/life leech node near Duelist start so I can run without a mana flask. Avatar of fire etc etc...

But the real turning point was COMK BODYSWAP! It's basically a frenzy free flicker strike that provides faster map clears and large warp into packs and explode AOE fire damage.

Still tweaking and experimenting, but so far this has been massively better on the whole. Bosses can still be a Warchief/Kite fest, I find the decay and trap thing to clunky to bother with. But with the faster sunders It's not too bad. I put in manual casting volatile dead for a little added damage when I'm kiting, assuming there are adds on the fight, which there almost always are at some point.

Spoiler

Give it a go, lmk what you think. Dat bodyswap baby. I probably should have went Overkill life leech for my Merc lab, but I'm testing out the two bottom right AOE nodes for bigger BS explosions.

Thanks, I'm only on a 4 link at present at level 58. Is it worth staying as I am until I get a 5 link and put in BodySwap? Or maybe take out GMP? It's still fun!

Any chance to link your tree?

Last edited by drinkturps on Dec 15, 2017, 6:44:31 PM
Bodyswap lacks the aoe of cremate though... Maybe link both?
Last edited by Yagamai on Dec 15, 2017, 10:19:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info