[3.1] COMK IS BACK! Sundering Volcanos! OP / Cheap / Fun!

Welcome to my first 3.1 guide! Do you want to play something unique? Something that will make your friends laugh at you for trying? Then you are at the right address! This build is THE underdog of 3.1. Welcome back my old friend, Cast on Melee Kill!!!

I have 2 friends trying this build, and both are just amazed at how fast this clears and how fun it is to play! I would recommend this build to anyone!

PATH OF BUILDING

https://pastebin.com/YfdNnZGM

This is the softcore tree, hardcore tree will come soon!

VIDEO

Chayula Rift: https://youtu.be/d-PjzKDVft4
Stream = ONLINE! Other build but you can ask questions!
Twitch.tv/Struyk

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ UNIQUE!
+ CHEAP!
+ HC Viable
+ Super Tanky
+ Fast Clearspeed
+ Great for Abyss spawns
+ Insanely fast and smooth leveling using Molten Strike + Ancestral Call
+ Great party build ( 20% Culling = NICE )
+ Almost every ascendancy is viable

Cons:

- Cast on Melee kill has a very very bad reputation...
- God Complex
- Monsters without corpses
- Endgame build cost

SKILL TREE

http://poeurl.com/bE5Z

PLAYSTYLE:

Your main attack will be Sunder. Every time you attack with Sunder you will spawn 1 to 3 ( because sunder takes time to travel and comk has 0.250s cooldown ) volcano's shooting magma balls everywhere on your screen. Single target cast desecrate and lay down 3 traps or mines ( whatever you prefer ) and watch bosses melt ( literally ).

For defence you have 5.5k - 6k hp which is more than enough when combined with 75% block chance, insane leech that doesn't stop when you are full health and 6 endurance charges.

ASCENDANCY POINTS:

Slayer: Headsman -> Brutal Fervour
Berserker: Aspect of Carnage -> Cloaked in Savagery
Elementalist: Mastermind of Discord -> Liege of the Primordial -> Paragon of Calamity
Scion: Elementalist -> Raider -> Witch Start for Spell Damage

PANTHEON

Major - Soul of Lunaris
Minor - Soul of Tukohama

BANDITS

Kill all or help Kraityn, your choice.

CAST ON MELEE KILL?!

I just love this support... With 39% MORE Spell Damage it's pretty much any other support gem you would normally pick and with 0.25 sec cooldown it will always proc ( Unlike Cast on Crit's 0.5 sec... ) Enemies in the middle of your Sunder will get hit by many overlapped sunder explosions so at least one will die.

Cast on Crit doesn't work with Cremation, you will spawn new volcanos before they poop out any balls.

STATS

SKILL DPS

Single Target:

Farming:

DEFENSE

Hardcore will have 6.5k+ Life with Belly ( +500 ) and more life nodes

GEAR

Spoiler

My current Gear ( level 70 )

Can't afford a good 4 link Hrimnor's Resolve yet...

Mandatory Uniques:

NONE

Weapon

OR
Highest dps 2 handed you can buy ( I went for a Mace + some Mace Nodes while leveling )

Helm
Hrimnor's Resolve
OR
Any Rare Helmet with 90+ Life, high armour and resists

Chest
Carcass Jack
OR
Belly of The Beast
OR
Death's Oath
OR
Rare with 90+ Life and high resists

Gloves
Still figuring this one out just get rares with Attack Speed + Life + Resists for now

Boots
25%+ Movement Speed > Life > Resists > Missing Attributes > High Armor

Amulet
Life > Resists > Fire Damage > Spell Damage
OR
Eye of Innocence ( combined with Mokou's Embrace only )

Rings
Life > Resists > Missing Attributes > Attack Speed > Accuracy
OR
Mokou's Embrace ( combined with Eye of Innocence only )

Belt
Life > Resists > Armour > Flask bonuses

Flasks
For you RMTers:
Buy Dying Sun and Rumi's Concoction

Everyone else:
Instant Divine Life Flask
Instant Divine Life Flask
Hollowed Hybrid Flask with Slow Regen
Basalt Flask with increased effect
Granite flask with bonus armor

Make sure you have Immunity to Freeze and Bleed

Jewels
Abyss Jewels with Flat Life + 2% Additional Block Chance if you were damaged by a hit recently

FLASKS

Life Flask ( Freeze / Bleed )
Silver Flask ( Freeze / Bleed )
Atziri's Promise ( 2% CHAOS LEECH! )
Stibnite Flask ( Sin's Rebirth )
Granite Flask ( Lion's Roar )

LINKS AND GEMS

See Gear section for my current links!

Pack Clearing
Sunder
Cast on Melee Kill
Cremate
Greater Multiple Projectiles
(Elemental Focus)
(Fireball)

Boss Farming
Cremate
Trap or Mine support
Trap and Mine damage
Controlled Destruction
(Fire Penetration)
(Elemental Focus)

Totem
Warchief Totem
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Concentrated Effect
Elemental Focus

Mobility Setup
Leap Slam
Fortify
Vaal Haste
Desecrate

Aura Setup
Flammability
Blasphemy
Anger
Golem

Golem
Lightning or Flame golem depending on socket you can get

FULL LEVELING GUIDE

Coming later today! For now start with any two-handed weapon and use Molten Strike with Ancestral Call with this tree: poeurl.com/bE6j

THE END

Last edited by Yagamai on Dec 12, 2017, 8:06:56 AM
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2018, 2:32:41 PM
Could you elaborate on "Desecrate will be your main attack"? I don't see it in any of your gem link descriptions or your current gear. I guess I'm slightly confused on what your attack pattern looks like. Desecrate to spawn corpses, then Sunder or drop traps to proc Cremate?
"
swilstastic wrote:
Could you elaborate on "Desecrate will be your main attack"? I don't see it in any of your gem link descriptions or your current gear. I guess I'm slightly confused on what your attack pattern looks like. Desecrate to spawn corpses, then Sunder or drop traps to proc Cremate?

Brainfart, should've been Sunder :P
Sunder spawns volcanos and single target bosses you use desecrate with single target Cremate setup
Last edited by Yagamai on Dec 9, 2017, 2:48:20 PM
Ahhh, that makes so much more sense! Haha, I was sitting over here trying, for the life of me, to figure out where Desecrate would fit in!

I'm loving leveling so far, the Molten + Ancestral combo alone is incredible. It feels so good even on just a 2 link (I'm a slow leveler!)
"
swilstastic wrote:
Ahhh, that makes so much more sense! Haha, I was sitting over here trying, for the life of me, to figure out where Desecrate would fit in!

I'm loving leveling so far, the Molten + Ancestral combo alone is incredible. It feels so good even on just a 2 link (I'm a slow leveler!)

Hahahahahahaha

yeah it's awesome :) nerf incoming
"
Yagamai wrote:
"
swilstastic wrote:

Sunder spawns volcanos and single target bosses you use desecrate with single target Cremate setup

What if monsters have a ton of hp? you are sacrificing all the sockets of sunder for the mechanic.
So.. you need to cast desecrate for every tanky monster/boss? seems very stressfull :S
"
ceberus11 wrote:
"
Yagamai wrote:
"
swilstastic wrote:

What if monsters have a ton of hp? you are sacrificing all the sockets of sunder for the mechanic.
So.. you need to cast desecrate for every tanky monster/boss? seems very stressfull :S

Right now one volcano kills any abyss rare mob and those are tanky as fk
Then I also have my warchief totem which does insane dps

Also normal DD builds have to cast desecrate on every pack so I don't see the problem having to cast it once per hard boss :S
Do you stream ?. Looking forward to see a video of this in maps !
"
ceberus11 wrote:
"
Yagamai wrote:
"
swilstastic wrote:

Right now one volcano kills any abyss rare mob and those are tanky as fk
Then I also have my warchief totem which does insane dps

Also normal DD builds have to cast desecrate on every pack so I don't see the problem having to cast it once per hard boss :S

Will stream tomorrow, almost done with act 10 then going to bed.
Glad to see someone had an idea like mine. I'm actually running a very similar build that I theorycrafted a couple days ago. Just a couple changes in tree pathing and whatnot. Seems like it will be quite effective though even if some people consider it a meme build. At the least it will be solid enough to be a league starter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info