Path of Nerfs

Wow calm down people and wait for full patch notes or actually play new patch before raging like little kids. Dont forget theres coming new op elder/shaper items, jewels etc.
Whats fun to play broken builds and kill shaper and other bosses in few seconds?
In Harbinger i played simple cyclone build without vaal pact i could kill shaper and uber atziri deathless and it was so much more fun then doing it with some op broken build
Fuck Vaal Pact. Glad its gone.
There are plenty of things that should be on the nerf list.

- Reduce Aurabot effectiveness
- Remove Headhunter specific div cards
- Reduce Quant explicits or remove items (see Bisco's)
- Reduce Sextant radius
- Increase Zana costs
- Decrease travel distances for Whirling Blades and Shield Charge
- Bring skills back to Earth. Sunder, Blade Flurry, KB, VPS, Barrage (-1 projectile does nothing with so many projectile sources), Spectres, Glacial Cascade Mines (mines in general...), Dark Pact (needs another 10-15% less damage).
- Add PvP damage scaling on 3.x items (see Death's Oath, Allelopathy)
- Cap Projectile Distance
Last edited by typecast on Dec 5, 2017, 3:16:59 AM
@GGG

Thank you for rolling with the PATH OF NERFS meme. It made me laugh for a while at work while itching to get home and write about this. This shows that while they take the community seriously, they are made up of people with a sense of humor. Thank you!

I'm bitter about Vaal-pact for sure. I've used it for over 4 years on every single build. I also subscribed to the CI-melee META, pre 2.6. Hell I played everything after the closed BETA and so although I haven't been around since the beginning, I've felt fucked off heaps of times!

After CI was murdered I realised that the game's (literally [I said literally omg!]) about moving forward. My Life-based builds out-performed my older CI builds in many areas! Yeah, it took me months to get over my bitterness after my build got 500k+ views then was ruined, but it was worth it as I could have fun again.

@GGG, rest assured that your community loves you. Emotional outbursts are often associated with passion, and your community is absolutely bonkers about what you contribute to the realm of ARPG. Ever since Diablo 2 I've never experienced that "maybe I should call in sick so I can play" sensation as violently as I do with POE. I'm old, but not Diablo 1 old! Maybe I was just too poor!

Anyway, as Random as I am, I would like to say thank you for taking people's outburts with both an iceberg of salt and a critical eye. As after 5 Asahis worth of worth of reflection, I've realised why I love Kiwis. I can be as abrasive, yet comical as I was back home here and I still feel welcome.

You're a good [Removed by Support], GGG!

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by Sarah on Dec 5, 2017, 3:11:45 AM
"
Pyridoxine wrote:

Whats fun to play broken builds and kill shaper and other bosses in few seconds?

A lot of people seem to consider this not only fun, but the sole and correct way to play PoE.

And hey, i get that, but that's seemingly not what GGG wants from the game.
i don't like any of these
FROM NOW ON NO MORE MONEY MAYBE THIS WAY U WONT CARE ENATH TO NERF ANYTHING ELSE
"
typecast wrote:
There are plenty of things that should be on the nerf list.

- Reduce Aurabot effectiveness
- Remove Headhunter specific div cards
- Remove Quant Items (especially Bisco's)
- Reduce Sextant radius
- Increase Zana costs
- Decrease travel distances for Whirling Blades and Shield Charge
- Bring skills back to Earth. Sunder, KB, VPS, Barrage (-1 projectile does nothing with so many projectile sources), Spectres, Glacial Cascade Mines (mines in general...), Dark Pact (needs another 10-15% less damage).
- Add PvP damage scaling on 3.x items (see Death's Oath, Allelopathy)
- Cap Projectile Distance

good post.
And as always, there will be new so called "broken" builds...

Funny how everyone is crying like babies, that everything that made fun for them has been nerfed, and the game is now totally unplayable. If you're so upset about change, don't play an ever-changing online-game, go for Doom and so on, there likely wont be any change to these games.

There's so much new stuff coming in 3.1 (shaped/eldar items, new skills/supports, new uniques) that there WILL be new builds, that people will cry about when GGG nerfs them in 3.2!

For myself, I really like the changes, it makes the game feel fresh and gets people to get creative with their builds, keep up the good work GGG!
Ever since I saw that video of a guy who killed minotaur by putting a cup on his mouse then going to the bathroom I've hated the idea behind vaal pact. No reason to ever move, to ever challenge the bosses. You say killing them from 1 screen away(hard to do in some arenas btw) is not fine but killing them by holding down right click and maybe clicking on some potions is all well and good? It is how the game is supposed to be played? What a joke

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info