Path of Nerfs

"
"
Rory wrote:
We've seen characters reaching over 25,000 Energy Shield while still having the damage output to sufficiently complete all of the content in the game, compared with the 9,000 Life that a very heavily invested Life character with perfect items could reach.

Yes the 25k energy shield were the problem of everthing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXM11X_V2l4

Now start nerf the life because 9000 is 9000 times more than enough.
-End of the joke.-

Here is your overpowered ES builds from before nerf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy19eI5bsoA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk-2eoj5fj8

And weak life builds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Xol4j_5PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB8sAcS5xvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwTwxMN-Hw

In my opinion the too high ES builds problem would be solved with "Above 10k life and energy shield the increases 50% less effective." or something similar. Example if you would have 20k ES, then you would only 15k.

Instead of this you fully destroyed them GGG.

so true
Im still crying for this nerfs. Please dont nerf wander and headhunter. Thats makes game more playable and enjoyable.
"Some things that slumber should never be awoken."

▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█
Dec 5, 2017 12:41:17 AM

The date of this announcement

August 4th, 2017.

the date when the game become junk.
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Aug 15, 2018, 5:36:21 PM
play this game for years now. it's constantly getting worse and developing to a wrong direction.
finally almost no one plays it...hopefully it will not die next few months.
maybe it has something to do with the fact, the this trademark has been sold is far as i know.

ggg, plz make the game enjoyable again.

greetz
Reading the above comments about ES gave me cancer.

Who let the 11 y old to play this game ?!
I tough that it's 18+ !

before nerf:

2.1 ES = 1 HP ( which means that build with 18k ES = ~7k HP ) ( regularly build ).
now

7.5 ES = 1 HP ( which means that build with 8k ES = ~1.2k HP ) ( regularly build ).

ES is junk now. The game is beyond broken. The direct clean casters is damaged beyond playable.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
path of nerfs... not as much fun to play
Here's my experience with PoE over the few leagues I've played.

Started in Perandus as complete newbie, screwed my first characters up like so many others.

IRL happened and I found time to play in Harbinger again and ongoing.

In harbinger I learned what is what in the game, followed builds on the forums and got somewhere. Had my first level 92 character at that time, (Played brutality cyclone) and had a lot of fun. Managed to six-link a starforge which I traded for 330ish chaos at that time, my first 6 linked item ever. I managed to kill the shaper (Died 3 times still) after failing the first set of fragments and I felt GREAT. Accomplished, gotten somewhere, smelled that holy endgame.

Then the vaal pact nerf happened. I will say as it is, yes that keystone carried my ass through a lot of stuff. It allowed for room for error without getting instantly deleted from the screen. And while a lot of people here say the complainers about the VP rework are used to 'facerolling content', that's asinine. I am not used to steamrolling anything ever in this game, even during harbinger. Or otherwise I wouldn't have felt so great after my first shaper kill.

The VP rework was far from needed in my oppinion. As shown the top 10% can play wonderfully without it but the average player in the game is getting the brown end of the stick.

As it stands currently, I haven't gotten past yellow tier elders in PoE during all the leagues I tried and it is like screaming against a wall. Attempts are there but barely repeatable and thus not exactly teaching because we only got 6 portals and are tied to our map pool.

The margin of error for average players is so tiny that it directly bites into the map pool and this leaves them with nothing because they can't go back to try more attempts since they don't sit on 100 maps of the type the elder is on.

Needless to say I never even managed to finish the epilogue quest. My highlight so far was making it to the red eradicator ONCE on a BV character (Yes I even tried the meta) and I got absolutely destroyed.

It is frustrating and ceases to be fun after multiple leagues. I have no idea in what direction you want to take the game, GGG, but I get the feeling the average casual player is not having a place in it.
Last edited by Naedingur on Oct 19, 2018, 5:46:02 PM
This nerf hits my character pretty hard >.>
"
MutatedCloud wrote:
This nerf hits my character pretty hard >.>

you are aware, this was 10 months ago?
"
Naedingur wrote:
Here's my experience with PoE over the few leagues I've played.

Started in Perandus as complete newbie, screwed my first characters up like so many others.

IRL happened and I found time to play in Harbinger again and ongoing.

In harbinger I learned what is what in the game, followed builds on the forums and got somewhere. Had my first level 92 character at that time, (Played brutality cyclone) and had a lot of fun. Managed to six-link a starforge which I traded for 330ish chaos at that time, my first 6 linked item ever. I managed to kill the shaper (Died 3 times still) after failing the first set of fragments and I felt GREAT. Accomplished, gotten somewhere, smelled that holy endgame.

Then the vaal pact nerf happened. I will say as it is, yes that keystone carried my ass through a lot of stuff. It allowed for room for error without getting instantly deleted from the screen. And while a lot of people here say the complainers about the VP rework are used to 'facerolling content', that's asinine. I am not used to steamrolling anything ever in this game, even during harbinger. Or otherwise I wouldn't have felt so great after my first shaper kill.

The VP rework was far from needed in my oppinion. As shown the top 10% can play wonderfully without it but the average player in the game is getting the brown end of the stick.

As it stands currently, I haven't gotten past yellow tier elders in PoE during all the leagues I tried and it is like screaming against a wall. Attempts are there but barely repeatable and thus not exactly teaching because we only got 6 portals and are tied to our map pool.

The margin of error for average players is so tiny that it directly bites into the map pool and this leaves them with nothing because they can't go back to try more attempts since they don't sit on 100 maps of the type the elder is on.

Needless to say I never even managed to finish the epilogue quest. My highlight so far was making it to the red eradicator ONCE on a BV character (Yes I even tried the meta) and I got absolutely destroyed.

It is frustrating and ceases to be fun after multiple leagues. I have no idea in what direction you want to take the game, GGG, but I get the feeling the average casual player is not having a place in it.

It is same for all sane peoples buddy.
Unfortunately the game is probably going to loose us - the oldest ( since closed/open beta ) players since it turns to be NOT FUN AT ALL after You are expectings to be nerfed after each pach for no reason at all.
I am sorry guys - but honestly if I knew that the game would do this each few months I would never join it.
After all the game soon is going to be version 4.0.0 NOT 0.0.4 guys !
Stop bullsh*ting us with "clean economics" and "much fun on clear" and etc etc speeches for 13 y old 1 month hype players.
This is not serious at all.
Do whatever You wanna in so called "leagues" which is completely alpha tests of this game, but for the gods sake - DO NOT TOUCH STANDARD AND HARDCORE !
Especially the ready builds - You are allowed only to add to their stats, not took any. ESPECIALLY A VITAL ONES !
This is just not serious.
Best decision ever!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info