Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Path of Nerfs

Fall of the phoenix and RF builds :/
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
Any non-Duelist, Scion, Marauder, build that was Life based, with a range of life around 4.5-6k, that used leech + potions to sustain itself in a boss fight, and had reasonable damage values of 25k-150k dps (naturally depending on skill and gear), has no more than 40% physical dmg reduction, and no more than 75% evasion with potions up, is dead.

Life Evasion Ranger phys/ele Spectral Throw = DEAD
Life Evasion Witch/Templar Freezing Pulse = DEAD
Life Evasion Ranger/Shadow Blade Flurry = DEAD
etc

Of course GGG and some people will say, "but they're not dead, they can do maps just fine"
No, They stand absolutely and utterly no chance against t15 rare bosses, let alone Uber Atziri's Trio, or a Corrupted 8 mod Morgrants. Any build can clear mob packs, who cares.

Any boss encounter with Chaos dmg, DoT, Beams, things that cannot be mitigated with 75 all res, cwdt Immortal Call, and 75% evasion chance + 40% dodge/spell dodge. Encounters that even with all your potions and accumulated best gear, ended up relying on instant leech to get up from 10-400 hp remaining instead of dieing and ripping the map.

Leech builds with those kinds of experiences, are the ones that just died.
The worst part is that they're not even given an alternative.
"Invest in leech" As a Witch or Shadow? How? What life leech option does a Witch really have? Without Vaal Pact and High Damage: Blasphemy Warlords Mark or a unique item, was utterly insufficient to survive even normal encounters. And even with Vaal Pact a high dmg value was needed to reach some semblance of sustain for t8-11 maps. To "Invest in Leech" to make VP work, is to take away damage or what little life a witch might have, both resulting in insufficient leech and a base pool to survive any boss encounter that isn't a pushover.

Somewhere in the 206 page ES nerf thread. I had brought up the fact that when people like Chris have been challenged by the community which feeds them, instead of reanalyzing their direction, they double down to prove they are correct.

This is what we are seeing with these nerfs. Chris is "showing" us all who's in charge and has doubled down on the bull crap.

Well I have doubled down to NOT support this game.

The casual player is being killed, patch by patch.

I can't tell you how many new players have crossed my path who began the game with high hopes and then, once they realized just how steep the META end game curve actually is, they quite.

This is a common pattern. Many don't last more than a few weeks.

GGG keeps expanding their market to the game, but there are only so many markets you can tap into before the well runs dry. As of now, they are milking the xBox port for all they can.
"
Tindraa wrote:
Wow...yesterday this post had 70 pages of comments, today over 145....

I wasn't going to say anything (I'm just too busy IRL), and I don't have time to read all of the comments, but I'm a longtime contributor, an uber casual player (never really get beyond level 91 or so, even when I'm all in on a league), and had just started getting my 10 year old involved in the game (and he's excited for Friday's launch).

I'm the kind of casual POE loving player that NEEDS some sort of meta to keep me interested in the game. I have a pretty intense (big software company) job and I play this to wind down. When I start dying a lot in the 80's (and especially 90's) I get more and more frustrated and start to want to quit.

In Harbinger league, I enjoyed Dark Pact. In the 10 day, I tried RF for the first time. Both nerfed. In the comments I keep hearing "what about Slayer", so I researched that and figured I'd give that a try. Then udpated comment "oh yeah, that's nerfed too".

I frankly don't know if I'll play for awhile. I don't care much about ladders and such. I'm a semi-SSF type player who justs wants an ENJOYABLE grind to some MTX's that I can't get otherwise.

So I don't really care about all of the 95-100 xp tangients in the comments, but I DO care that everything that is interesting and helps us casuals enjoy the higher level content gets nerfed into tremendous tedium.

Net net, please watch the death figures from 82-92. If they spike as a result of all of this "nerfing", among those of us who don't make a living gaming, you're doing it wrong.

+1 This, almost word for word!
Hah, i am glad i have changed my main char from vaal pact bers to shield gladiator spme time ago. But XP nerf was really odd. It was not easy to take level 100 but now...
Other nerfs are rally good and reasonable.
"
Castielz wrote:
Guys, calm down.
I'm sure some of these nerfs will make more sense once the full patch notes are out.
Oh, and look up, the sky isn't falling, don't worry.

The new chase uniques must be worth it (fingers crossed)
"
Tindraa wrote:

I wasn't going to say anything (I'm just too busy IRL), and I don't have time to read all of the comments, but I'm a longtime contributor, an uber casual player (never really get beyond level 91 or so, even when I'm all in on a league), and had just started getting my 10 year old involved in the game (and he's excited for Friday's launch).

I'm the kind of casual POE loving player that NEEDS some sort of meta to keep me interested in the game. I have a pretty intense (big software company) job and I play this to wind down. When I start dying a lot in the 80's (and especially 90's) I get more and more frustrated and start to want to quit.

In Harbinger league, I enjoyed Dark Pact. In the 10 day, I tried RF for the first time. Both nerfed. In the comments I keep hearing "what about Slayer", so I researched that and figured I'd give that a try. Then udpated comment "oh yeah, that's nerfed too".

I frankly don't know if I'll play for awhile. I don't care much about ladders and such. I'm a semi-SSF type player who justs wants an ENJOYABLE grind to some MTX's that I can't get otherwise.

So I don't really care about all of the 95-100 xp tangients in the comments, but I DO care that everything that is interesting and helps us casuals enjoy the higher level content gets nerfed into tremendous tedium.

Net net, please watch the death figures from 82-92. If they spike as a result of all of this "nerfing", among those of us who don't make a living gaming, you're doing it wrong.

Dude, use shield and you wont get frustrared ))
"
_TaZaR_ wrote:
Spoiler
"
Tindraa wrote:

Dude, use shield and you wont get frustrared ))

Shields won't save you from Damage Over Time. They're not an attack or spell and bypass any and all mitigation attempts. Only a high es or life pool and a means of sustaining that pool can save you.
"
kto9 wrote:
Its funny how they say "WE'VE RECEIVED MASSIVE FEEDBACK" and then you go on the replies on the manifesto and you see that 95% of the players are posting comments disagreeing with the changes, mostly hateful comments (for a reason).

Made my Day, this guy Nailed it!

xD
Last edited by ebeninami on Dec 5, 2017, 6:52:26 PM
Self cast Dark Pact was mostly OP b/c you could VP your hp back. It's now hard to impossible to sustain it unless you're using Totems or with great risk of death. Although I don't like all the nerfs, this is the only one I don't understand. I hope it can be explained in more detail.
Last edited by MayimChayim on Dec 5, 2017, 6:56:59 PM
"
Chris wrote:

Vaal Pact Keystone
Being able to leech instantly meant that many threats were completely mitigated by high-damage fast-hitting characters with minimal leech investment. Vaal Pact has been changed to no longer grant instant leech, but instead doubles your character's leech rate and maximum leech rate. This was one of the most heavily-requested nerfs in the history of Path of Exile.

The keystone is still powerful, but now really benefits from investment in leech.

really ?
A reaper arise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info