The skilled know how to learn. The talented know who to learn from.

"
Arandur wrote:
Does the Jewel mean, I get 15% inc AoE if I allocate the Maurader starting point or does it mean, if I'm a Marauder and I allocate the starting point of another class, I get the 15%?^^

The former.

I like this jewel, pretty unique and the power level seems fine.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
0.5% to mana reg is decent in general, I guess. 28.6% more mana reg, half of what the Cloak of Defiance offers. Useless to Inquisitors with Pious Path though (they already have 6% on consecrated ground; 5.7% more bonus for Inquisitors with Pious Path on Consecrated Ground wearing Cloak of Defiance; though then again mana reg will be useful enough for that to possibly be worth it in that setup after all anyway).

Since it also won't regenerate ES with EB, getting 541% increased mana reg to get half mana per second doesn't seem worth it. I don't think 0.5% are enough to hit the threshold of not needing leech, flasks, or damage received to mana reg. I can't imagine to actually go far enough to get the jewel on any non-witch build.

Shadow's 10% more crit chance for most skills are a lot more interesting, but a lot less with the new gloves that have four times that effect (conditional on spending mana) or an increased crit gem or assassin's mark. The scion bonus might be worth taking it (since there'll be a jewel slot on the way anyway as well), but I don't think the crit would be worth the jewel slot even for my crit loving Saboteur build.

Duelist and Marauder I can somehow understand (Marauder alone wouldn't be worth it, but together it seems fine), but 7% additive increased movement speed? That's almost nothing. Either people run around with 30% boots (or pure movement skill movement) or they're over 150%, but either way, 7% is not a big difference.

I really, really like the idea, but the effects seem very underwhelming.
Sad kinda useless for the build i wanted go wich is full ele conversion inquisitor blade vortex
Witch should have been

- 0.4% global mana leech

Ranger should have been

- 8% attack speed/5%movement speed

Like the concept though, very compelling to travel into other starter locations, once you hit 3 of them the jewels becomes very solid considering those modifiers cannot be found on regular jewels.

Looks like fun, definitely gonna test it out.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
I really, really like the idea, but the effects seem very underwhelming.

For one starting area, sure, but with two or three it starts looking pretty good. Dunno, if you made a MoM caster Scion you can visit Templar and Witch areas, get 25 all attributes from yours and pick shadow with ascendancy. The bonus gets pretty good for one jewel socket in that case.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
bionicpope wrote:
So you could get multiple class bonuses, or just one?

The Jewel is limited to one. So only one class bonus.

Bzw. Really straightforward jewel design. Not bad but not interesting at all.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
bionicpope wrote:

Uhm no.

It is limited to one, but provides the full effect of the jewel, so any starting location you visit get's activated.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : marauder also seems kind of weird, he lacks aoe scaling sure, but that's exactly why Iaoe seems so out of place for his bonus.
Last edited by Boem on Dec 4, 2017, 10:09:28 AM
"
Boem wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
bionicpope wrote:

Uhm no.

It is limited to one, but provides the full effect of the jewel, so any starting location you visit get's activated.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : marauder also seems kind of weird, he lacks aoe scaling sure, but that's exactly why Iaoe seems so out of place for his bonus.

Your reply dont makes any sense.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Only worth using by scions who travel the tree aimlessly, nothing special.
Second-class poe gamer
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Your reply dont makes any sense.

I reckon it does, but i'll formulate it differently for you.

Limited to 1 is added to the jewel so you cant get five of those and visit the shadow starting area once to get 2.5% base crit added.

Other then that, it is entirely possible to visit all of the starting area's of all classes and get all of the bonuses from that jewel.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info