Watch Path of Exile live and win a Helmet Skin with Twitch Drops!

got mine common hat today

dunno how many hours spent (afk+adblock)
Logging into the PoE Website this morning and ...

You found an item from Twitch Drops
To: Completed 24 ChallengesCruur
You have been awarded 1x Obsidian Seraph Helmet

Thank you GGG.
Also stopped watching yesterday, got a pm this morning:

You found an item from Twitch Drops
To: Completed 37 ChallengesPhyloni
You have been awarded 1x Deicide Flame Helmet

Thanks GGG!
\o/
Case study: Resentment after GGG, Twitch and Streamers made viewers watch for days without any discernible or quantifiable progress, degraded chat into illegible spam.

Things that come to mind (with common chat spam) :-

Drops are entropy based. (I've watched for 42 hours, wtf ggg)
Make clear in announcements how users will be notified of rewards. (how do i know if ...?)
Give users clear indications that the system is currently working. (idle or not) (ublock/adblock)

Yum Gibbs!
You have been awarded 1x Verdant Helmet

after 4h, yeah!!!
Got my hat this morning around 40+ hours

Infernal Helm

Thanks GGG
Last edited by KingCaracticus on Dec 1, 2017, 4:19:05 AM
"
TheWoodsy wrote:
Case study: Resentment after GGG, Twitch and Streamers made viewers watch for days without any discernible or quantifiable progress, degraded chat into illegible spam.

Things that come to mind (with common chat spam) :-

Drops are entropy based. (I've watched for 42 hours, wtf ggg)
Make clear in announcements how users will be notified of rewards. (how do i know if ...?)
Give users clear indications that the system is currently working. (idle or not) (ublock/adblock)

To be fair, I think the rolling thing should be on Twitch's end. Just have a Die rolling gif in the corner or something that keeps going to indicate you're rolling for whatever the game has at the moment, with a distinctive state for "winning" something.
You guys really don't get the long term results of something like this. Yeah, you get a hat for afking. But more importantly, POE shows up on twitchtv's popular channels and brings an influx of NEW PLAYERS to an old game. More players, more money, more expansions, more fun. So go support the game thats free to play so you can keep playing.

"
Lokinir wrote:
You guys really don't get the long term results of something like this. Yeah, you get a hat for afking. But more importantly, POE shows up on twitchtv's popular channels and brings an influx of NEW PLAYERS to an old game. More players, more money, more expansions, more fun. So go support the game thats free to play so you can keep playing.

Eactly. This is just a marketing ploy from GGG. Kudos to GGG for luring in new players and scamming old ones.
Just got mine after like 30h of afk on twitch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info