[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

"
Mutasyon wrote:
Hey man it seems that ancestral call support really help us to clear maps faster are you going to add any new gems to build?

Possibly, maybe, I honestly couldn't say at this point.

Mostly simply because Path of Building isn't updated with all the new skill gems and skill node updates for the tree, yet. It's impossible to seriously theory-craft much of this stuff yet. Then there's also possible changes and an additional gem coming out tomorrow some time & there's also another possible change to the tree and some skills coming late tomorrow too, which is why most of the loot filter and path of building type people and programs haven't updated yet - because there's at least 3 last minute things coming in the next 24 hours that will mess up the information their programs produce, if they put out the updates as things are right now.

I'll be using this build all season long as my Lab-Runner character, so I won't be just posting this guide to the forum and vanishing. If there are improvements to be made, or suggestions that easily make the build better based off all the changes and new gear coming out in the next 48hours, I'll make changes to the build guide if it's warranted. We'll have to wait and see on what, if anything, the next round of changes bring?
"
Svink wrote:
Hi, first TY for the build, I'll start the new season with it I guess. I have a really newbish question but I have never play a lab runner before so I wonder : Do you farm the oferring in maps or is it worth buying it? Because I guess that farming uberlab all day means tons of offering needed

You can buy a prophecy on poe.trade called "The Dream Trial" for usually around 1 chaos, give it to Navali in town and the next map you roll it will contain a lab trial in it, so you can run it and get an easy Offering. I you do it this way, my advice is to just keep rolling Tier 1 or Tier 2 maps until the prophecy happens (usually only takes 1 or 2 maps before it happens) as the lab trials are harder the higher the tier map you are in.

Alternately you can buy the Offerings on poe.trade for around about 4-6 chaos each.

I believe the rates of Lab Trials occurring in a map is about somewhere between 1-in-8 to 1-in-10 maps. So you can always just rush T1 and T2 maps like Dunes/Jungle/Beach (or the new 3.1 versions of them) until the lab trials show up roughly every 20-30min of mapping.

Generally speaking though, especially in the first 3 weeks of a season, the pure volume and quality of currency / gems / loot you get from the Uber Lab is easily enough to sell one or two things that dropped to afford to just keep buying more and more offerings from poe.trade. It's really easy to do too, because a phenomenal amount of the player base absolutely want nothing to do with the lab, as not many builds out there can tank through it easily.
"
Grmrk wrote:
Hi there,

just a quick question regarding the 1h/shield changes. As GGG is buffing the damage of this combination, do you feel this could be an option for the build or is loosing out 1h/2h points to much?

Thanks for the great guide,
Cheers!

It might be, but you'd lose a lot of DPS and other buffs via not being able to have both 1H and 2H nodes in the skill tree any more. The levelling process would have to change substantially too (no idea if that would make levelling harder or easier though?). There's also the issue that there's not that many decent unique shields available and those that are good are going to be very expensive this season. There's also a fairly limited number of good rare shields for sale on poe.trade in general & most are geared towards casters and Int/ES builds anyway. GGG havn't confirmed yet either what sort of Shaper/Elder rare shields we are going to get & if so, what the range of unique rolls on them will be - which is important because one of those is likely your best bet for going down the 1H/Shield route.

If your interested in trying it out and testing it, make a bunch of currency from this build for a week or two and then go try out the theorycrafting process for yourself in Path of Building, buy the gear you need in-game and see how it works out. I put aside about 300 chaos to do this for myself in the last Garbinger softcore league to try out a few ides. LOL, they were expensive wastes of time. But at least I learned a lot about the Path of Building program and fundamentals of the game and gear in the process. Ultimately people had already tried what i did, or come up with better versions of the builds already. But this league onwards is going to be a different scenario to what mine was last season, because it looks like the Shaper/Elder rare drops are going to be so unique and powerful, entire builds can be made based off the 1 rare shaper/elder item drop. It's going to turn build making on it's head this season for sure.
"
Daegon wrote:
Hi Adambjozz

Thanks for the effort you put into refining and writing this guide up, looks really interesting. For the past two leagues my starter has been warchief totems berserker (did 2h version once then facebreaker last league). Been looking for something fresh that is a balanced lab farmer and mapper league starter. My playstyle is exactly that - enjoy both maps and lab, I'm not really into boss farming.

Given the above, how would you compare your build to warchief totems as a starter based on the following criteria :

Uber lab speed, and safety?
Mapping speed and single target on map bosses

Budget - well clearly your build is more budget friendly

I'm torn between going my familiar route with warchief (don't mind doing it for a third time really) and trying something new (never played slayer)... would appreciate your honest opinion, thanks for reading!

They are pretty different builds, pretty different play styles and can achieve pretty different things. The Warchief has a higher ceiling for mapping and damage in boss killing, but is slower in doing it at lower-mid tier's of the game. Warchief can be geared up better to be more offensively and defensively rounded, but it's far more expensive to do it. Totems will offer more AOE and kill more of the screen, but you have less control in what it actually kills and slower movement while doing it. The Slayer has a far better and quicker levelling process to complete Act 1-10, but Warchief can push on to man-handle guardians and even do shaper - which this build is capable of completing too, but not anywhere close to as easily easily & not deathless against all of them without a very VERY well executed and long fight.

I think ultimately unlike the Warchief Totems build though, you'll be completely geared and stomping the Uber Lab as often as you like in a matter of a few days, death-free (and almost now as fast as possible due to the movement speed nerf's killing the 600% move speed meta for other classes) with this build. You can do all the lab stages and Uber Lab the first time yourself easily, too. You won't need a carry for the first time completion to get the ascendancy points. So you can really just make this build, level it to 70, gear it quickly and then start labbing. If you don't like it after 4 or 5 days, swap to something else or back to the Warchief. It won't have cost you anything more than about 30 chaos probably and a bit of your time. 30 chaos is a cheap investment IMO, to figure out if you like a new playstyle or build. Especially given that most builds are over 100 chaos before you get actual gear to have a feel for what it can do in mid-upper level maps and content.

I hope what ever you choose is fun and works out for you, regardless.
"
Jelbishi wrote:
Thank you so much for writing this up! I've been unable to find time to make this guide a possibility. You've come through CLUTCH.
Also thank you for providing links <3

Much love and good luck in the new league!
-Nathan

Thanks for the kind words and the build Nathan!!!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next in the Abyss league for new record-setting Lab Clearing builds :)

Have you seen how close the Brightbeak / Prismatic Eclipse leap-slam movement speed combo is now, to what the 600% movespeed meta builds have now become after the last 48 hours of nerf's?

Someone over at reddit has put up gif's of the testing and it seems as if it may have been brought back to only a fraction of a second difference from one end of a zone to the other, as opposed to nearly twice as fast.
OK, so I have a question for all of you guys and gal's now.

As someone who's not a regular Hardcore player and hasn't even done SSF (Solo Self Found) before - what's the viability of this build like for players in those parts of the game? I've started getting hit up with heaps of personal messages in my inbox about making SSF and Hardcore variants of this build now, but I can't really help them with that at this stage, as I don't believe I have the experience in those sections of the game to make a build design brief and layout, within their context of playing those styles of the game.
I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on SSF here. I think I'll use this build for SSF if it's viable for lab farming still.
Hey Adambjjoz

The build looks really interesting. Would you recommend it for Abyss HC?
or if anyone here has tried it in HC?
Will probably try this out for abyss league, thanks!
Praise Bisco the Doge <3
hmm but Sunder is now not the best choice for single target after nerf ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info