[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

A couple questions sorry if they're very noobish:

Would you consider if you jump into uber lab just doing the whole end game lab grind right then and there or better to make some super fast lab farmer later in the league to do that grind?

Do you think it's worth putting fusings in trying to 6 link or rather keep the fusings/currency for your second character?

You said you started with a summoner in delve, your woe guide is really awesome and helped me a lot did you make a guide for your summoner starter? Also how did it go compared to woe as a starter?

If i got bored of lab and want mapping for currency instead do you think shaping a decent layout t1 to a t6 (like channel) and just grinding that for a while is a decent strategy? I'm thinking back to how easy t6 was on this build in abyss.

I used your guide in abyss (my first/only real league) and it was a breeze, I was a bit discouraged when I started struggling past t10, I didn't realize it's not really meant to scale up past that.

For anyone considering this I leveled it to 90 in abyss and you can basically watch netflix or something on another screen it's so easy. Thanks for your guide!
Last edited by term on Nov 29, 2018, 2:23:13 PM
t1-10! No stopping this guy
"
t1-10! No stopping this guy

Someone took this build to 100 a few months back. It's not a bajillion DPS boss stomper or anything, but it works great for it's design and is a good multi-purpose build too.
"
term wrote:
A couple questions sorry if they're very noobish:

Would you consider if you jump into uber lab just doing the whole end game lab grind right then and there or better to make some super fast lab farmer later in the league to do that grind?

Do you think it's worth putting fusings in trying to 6 link or rather keep the fusings/currency for your second character?

You said you started with a summoner in delve, your woe guide is really awesome and helped me a lot did you make a guide for your summoner starter? Also how did it go compared to woe as a starter?

If i got bored of lab and want mapping for currency instead do you think shaping a decent layout t1 to a t6 (like channel) and just grinding that for a while is a decent strategy? I'm thinking back to how easy t6 was on this build in abyss.

I used your guide in abyss (my first/only real league) and it was a breeze, I was a bit discouraged when I started struggling past t10, I didn't realize it's not really meant to scale up past that.

For anyone considering this I leveled it to 90 in abyss and you can basically watch netflix or something on another screen it's so easy. Thanks for your guide!

I honestly can't answer that at this point in time. This is because the league challenges change and rotate through new seasons and I have no clue if this will be again one of the long-grind season challenges or not. I think if I was going to do this at the start of the season, yeah I'd use and stick to this build because it will double as a mapping, farming, delving, incursions, Temple farming, league-mechanic engaging build for all content up to a T10 difficulty quite easily. Where as the 550% plus movement speed 3min Uber Lab clearing pathfinder sprinters won't be able to be dual-purpose in that regard. Having said that, if I was starting that challenge in the second half of the season, then yes I would use the movement speed pathfinder build instead and blast through the challenge ASAP. I would recommend Nathan's max speed build which you can find in one of his recent video's here: https://www.youtube.com/user/PhailBoatDriver/videos - that's the same build designer who made this build. He is a regular daily top-3 Lab sprinter, so you know he's movespeed build is legit.

It's a gamble regarding fusings. I've never 6-linked an item in the 4+ years I've been playing this game in under 1000 attempts. Not once, not ever. My general rule of thumb is that if the 6-linked item us under 6Ex in value, just save and buy it. If it's way higher in value, try to link it. Personally I just keep amassing and selling currency like fusings and jewellers orbs every 3-5 days (every day at the start of a new leaguie) for the best amount of chaos I can.

I started last league with a solar guard spectre summoner build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585/page/1 - ignore the build title, it's not discontinued it is in fact better than ever). The reason I league started with it was because I wanted something I could use that was cheap from day 1 that could rapidly get me all the way through to T16 Guardian maps on nothing better than 4-link items (It was successful in that regard). Last season was obviously going to be different from others, because there appeared to be no reason to use a shaped map strategy, it appeared to be much more beneficial to complete your whole Atlas and then just farm high tier maps for high ilvl shaper/elber base items. The build looked like it was going to be able to also rapidly push me deep into the Delve mine too, which seemed likely to be very profitable & holy bajeesus was it ever. I went to Delve depth 350 before bothering to equip a 5-link version of my chest piece and it was smooth sailing even deeper from there. Having said that, the levelling experience was noticeably slower than this WOE Sunder character. It was way WAY tankier and safer, but definitely slower. There's basically nothing that levels you faster in this game than having a character with Leap-Slam as it's movement skill.

There doesn't seem to be any point to shaping your atlas any more given the new league mechanic and how you find masters, so just grind what ever maps you like and move around as needed. Don't forget though, the point of this build is to make money and then buy a way better build to do other stuff and the end-game. So I wouldn't advise spending forever mapping with this character.

Glad you enjoyed the build in past seasons. It still works as well as ever. Good luck with whatever you decide to do in a week & a bit's time with the new league.
Updated the build guide on page 1 to include how to keep track of helm enchant value's via https://poe.watch/prices?category=enchantment&league=Delve for the coming season.
Thanks for such detailed answers. I like the idea of summoner for league start because I like the idea of just having one character that can scale up to end game content with currency. I might level that summoner build this weekend and see how the leveling goes.

Funny what you said about leap slam I thought it was clunky the first time I used it but it grew on me quickly and now I think a fast attack speed leap slam is the funnest movement skill by far.
"
term wrote:
Thanks for such detailed answers. I like the idea of summoner for league start because I like the idea of just having one character that can scale up to end game content with currency. I might level that summoner build this weekend and see how the leveling goes.

Funny what you said about leap slam I thought it was clunky the first time I used it but it grew on me quickly and now I think a fast attack speed leap slam is the funnest movement skill by far.

Yep. I took my version of that character to L91 without issue, killed all the T16 Guardians, completed my Atlas and went to Delve 400 deathless. I only needed a 5-link version of the chest to handle nasty map-mod versions of the T16 guardian bosses and 350+ depth delves. The total investment into the character was about 1.2 Exalts all-up (around 150 chaos) including jewels and high quality skill gem replacements. It's an unbelievably cheap character for it's ability.

Here's my solar guard summoner character from earlier in the league: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Adambjjoz/characters (DelveSummonSpec is the character). The profile is public, so you can import the character into Path of Building to have a look at it yourself.
Hey term,

I went in and added 20/40/60/80/100pt levelling trees for you, into the Path of Building link for the summoner character of mine.

Here's the updated pastebin: https://pastebin.com/FF7WrUuu

Let me know if that link worked properly.

Basically the only other tip for the build I have is to take the 30pt Strength and Dex nodes on the skill tree as you level the character up when needed, then spec out of those skill tree nodes when you don't need them any more. For the most part, you can level up the character with SRS and Zombies all the way to finishing Act 10 if you like. There's a really detailed leveling guide on page 1 of the build guide here if you need it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585/page/1 - It's section 6 of the guide. Have a full read of the guide, it covers both the TV and Solar Guards versions.

I also have a step by step levelling guide here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585/page/531#p15549394
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 2, 2018, 6:02:43 PM
Is there a good alternative to wings of entropy if we want something with a higher aps for the new leap slam? Also anyone have any experience with farming The Gladiator cards for BoR? I'm guessing it will be difficult to obtain day 1, and I'm planning on getting to uber lab with my mate by the end of the day.
damn seems like Sunder lost 1 support gem with the new BoR change

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info