[3.1] HC/SC Shockwave totem over - 300+DPS each totem Great for Starter

:)
Updated for 3.1!
Last edited by Kursed_one on Dec 9, 2017, 4:07:41 AM
Added leveling information in Q/A
I prefer the Lightning Golem over Flame Golem. SWT cast speed is perilously low and we don't get much cast speed from gear (only one FC ring possible).

And thanks to the new jewels my Lightning Golem is now a formidable igniter. ;)

Ideally you want to add GMP, Chance to Ignite and Spell Echo.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 11, 2017, 8:44:00 PM
Hello, i am really new to this build, currently doing the BM variation in this new abyssal league
And i'm struggling really hard to even clear tier 2 maps, what is the BIS equips for dmg?
is it the lower path of ascendancy? i grabbed the middle and upper one (still 2 labs left)
i kill white mobs super fast and its fun,
but the uniques and rares are super tanky to this dmg

Where do the brute big dmg comes from??
I wouldn't exactly call it "big brute damage" but it gets the job done. I dunno where the advertised 300k DPS are coming from, I suppose that's with a 6L Cauteriser, lvl 21 gems and Xoph's Blood. ;)

I'm currently at 23k tooltip DPS in a 6L setup with lvl 18 gems (unbuffed). Which of course translates into a LOT more damage with Flammability and penetration.

I went for Tukohama first in the Ascendancy because I like taunt, got Hinekora in Uber lab then. But it doesn't really matter which way you go first.

I chose Fire Penetration over AoE. I grabbed the Blast Radius cluster in the skill tree (which is on the way to Cruel Preparation, kinda). More AoE to come from Dying Sun later.

Unlike yours, my profile is public, so you may have a look at the tree and gear.
"
tomay wrote:
I wouldn't exactly call it "big brute damage" but it gets the job done. I dunno where the advertised 300k DPS are coming from, I suppose that's with a 6L Cauteriser, lvl 21 gems and Xoph's Blood. ;)

I'm currently at 23k tooltip DPS in a 6L setup with lvl 18 gems (unbuffed). Which of course translates into a LOT more damage with Flammability and penetration.

I went for Tukohama first in the Ascendancy because I like taunt, got Hinekora in Uber lab then. But it doesn't really matter which way you go first.

I chose Fire Penetration over AoE. I grabbed the Blast Radius cluster in the skill tree (which is on the way to Cruel Preparation, kinda). More AoE to come from Dying Sun later.

Unlike yours, my profile is public, so you may have a look at the tree and gear.

6l cautseriser + overloard + flammability gain alot of damage with penetration. I don't use xoph's blood because it's expensive. You can check how I boost my damage in PoB link

First of all I grab Tukohama, then go to Hinekora. That survaivability stuff.

Increased Aoe gem can be replaced to conc effect on bosses - that really high boost, that's why I recomended use that.
Last edited by Kursed_one on Dec 13, 2017, 7:02:50 AM
MoM Tree link - invalid Tree link ....
"
Sloky89 wrote:
MoM Tree link - invalid Tree link ....

Everything works fine in Path of Building. Don't see a problem
"
Kursed_one wrote:
Increased Aoe gem can be replaced to conc effect on bosses - that really high boost, that's why I recomended use that.

I have 34% more AoE in the tree compared to you so radius is fine w/o the gem, later I can add Dying Sun if I feel the need. Instead I went with:

SWT + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction

At bosses I can swap CD for Conc Effect. While this is a 5% less Multiplier (4% if used in 6l Cauteriser because FP is a red gem and will gain +1) compared to Concentrated Effect and Controlled Destruction I believe it to be more effective against map bosses which can have up to 45% resistances and Flammability suffers from greatly reduced effectiveness vs bosses. Of course I might change that if I can get my boots enchanted with penetration and make use of TWO but for now I'm doing just fine.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 14, 2017, 7:18:47 AM
I am new to totembuilds and this build in general. I tried BM version but i really struggled.
I found it very hard to scale dmg and defence alike. Defense is especially hard because so many uniques used in this build. I even had a hard tome on t2 maps. I just dumped the build and started a new one.
I wouldnt say this BM build is exactly starter or even league starter friendly.
I only tried this build because the author wrote its HC viable and starter friendly.
I dont have the slightest idea how this build is able to do hc.

I think for any beginner the BM version of this build cant work without essence worm because life is waaaay too low without it. You should add it as mandatory unique for BM version.
Even with essence worm life is always low due to lack of rare item slots as mentioned above.

The upside to this build is clearly that it is very chap to gain the 3 essential items for under 20chaos orbs. Which are cauterizer essence worm and hromnors gloves.

Also slow movement due to lacking as was pretty annoying.
Last edited by PazifistaPx0 on Dec 15, 2017, 10:21:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info