[3.1] HC/SC Shockwave totem over - 300+DPS each totem Great for Starter

"
tomay wrote:
Hmm, I've seen "chance to taunt" for minions on the new abby jewels... but totems are not minons. You sure about that???

I use four of these gems in my Warchief zerk and they work great. The attacks from the Warchief totems count as "hits" so the taunt effect gets applied.

"
P1at0 wrote:
The main problem with the build is the lack of mobility combined with its glassy nature

"
tomay wrote:
My advice: switch to shield and sceptre as soon as you can afford it. Shield Charge solves the mobility issues.

As for the "glassy nature" of the build, you'll get much better defenses with a shield (a good and affordable choice would be Ahn's Heritage with 2 x Fragility) than with a two-handed weapon such as The Cauterizer. With Doryani's Catalyst and permanent Onslaught (from Ahn's) the damage output is slightly higher as well. And that combo isn't too expensive.

The Cauterizer is a decent choice at lvl 40 but as soon as you get into maps you better get rid of it (Ahn's requires lvl 67).

I can confirm this setup works after Tomay messaged me in game to help me with my build.

I think I payed 20c in total for Ahn's Heritage and two Fragility Jewels. I switched to Incinerate totem but the results should be relatively the same for shockwave totem. I picked up 11k dps per totem and 20% extra movement along with the armor and max resist. Great alternative if you don't want to pay the 5ex for Tukohama's Fortress.

Thanks again Tomay!
Last edited by P1at0 on Dec 30, 2017, 2:12:36 AM
"
digibluez wrote:
hmm, this or crit inquisitor, so many variations,

The Chieftain can also crit, just don't take Elemental Overload. But it will be much tougher to gear up (since amulet and one ring slot are reserved for Xoph's Blood and Essence Worm) and a lot less tanky (as you will have to invest some into totem crit passives at the expense of max life nodes). So non-crit with EO is the obvious choice here.

Sure, the Inquisitor ignoring resistances on critical strikes is pretty cool (probably with Lightning/Cold conversion, CotB used to be b@d@$$ before the nerf) but other other classes can make up for this with penetration and curses. And once you hit negative resistances (to which there is no bottom cap) they become effectively a "more multiplier".

The strong points of the Chieftain, however, are taunt and totem leech which makes it a very sustainable build in combination with Life Regeneration.
"
P1at0 wrote:
I can confirm this setup works after Tomay messaged me in game to help me with my build.

I think I payed 20c in total for Ahn's Heritage and two Fragility Jewels. I switched to Incinerate totem but the results should be relatively the same for shockwave totem. I picked up 11k dps per totem and 20% extra movement along with the armor and max resist. Great alternative if you don't want to pay the 5ex for Tukohama's Fortress.

Thanks again Tomay!

You're welcome.

We wouldn't get 11k DPS from Onslaught with SWT because the base cast time is brutally slow (three times higher than Incinerate or Flame Totam) but I still gain 4k DPS (unbuffed) per totem from Onslaught, it boosts my overall cast speed modifiers to 143%.

Again, a shield makes a huge difference in terms of survivability and mobility and Ahn's Heritage with two Fragility Jewels is a viable and budget-friendly alternative to The Cauteriser.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 30, 2017, 5:21:19 AM
Here's a tooltip DPS comparison between various scepters and Tukohama's Fortress:

And the winner is...

That's with lvl 21 SWT (sans Conc Effect), in Hideout, buffed only with Lightning Golem and Hatred. So ideally we want a Void/Opal Sceptre with t1 "Adds Cold Damage to Spells, high cast speed and a free prefix to craft Spell Damage, Attack Speed being a nice bonus.

FYI With The Cauteriser I'll get 43.440 (but only two totems of course).

Last edited by tomay on Dec 30, 2017, 8:58:58 PM
vs

The DPS gain from Watcher's Eye (with "Adds (58-70) to (88-104) Cold Damage while affected by Hatred") pretty much equals Clear Mind... of course it's more expensive. Watcher's Eye also gives a decent HP boost. So if you can afford it, it's a worthwhile addition.

If you're extremely lucky, you might get Watcher's Eye with "Gain (15-25)% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage while affected by Anger" in addition to the Hatred mod, then it's time to equip a second Essence Worm with Anger... but capping resistances will be a tough ask. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Jan 5, 2018, 4:53:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info