ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Schumer: This is a robbery! Give me all your DACA or I swear to God I will pull the trigger!

Trump: No.

BANG!

Schumer: This terrible tragedy is all Trump's fault.

-----------

Edit: I'm not the first to use this type of analogy, by the way...

"Speaker Boehner comes in and he says basically… it’s sort of like this: Someone goes into your house, takes your wife and children hostage and then says ‘Let’s negotiate over the price of your house.’

You know we could do the same thing on immigration. We believe strongly in immigration reform. We could say ‘We’re shutting down the government. We’re not going to raise the debt ceiling until you pass immigration reform.’ It would be governmental chaos."
— Chuck Schumer, 2013

Except Trump or the Republican don't entirely own the house, they shared the house. People are ignoring Minority Shareholders' Rights. Republicans don't have the 60 votes needed to pass the legislation. You can't run the government with only 51 votes, the reality is they need the Democrats. Trump and the Republicans refuse to negotiate with them. If you've got them by the balls, why shouldn't you make unreasonable demand? I would. People that don't are just dumb. Why settle for CHIP ask for both, CHIP and DACA.

A better analogy.

Trump and Republicans: Let's rob the country's treasury.

Schumer and Democrats : Sure. Give us DACA , this, this and this and we will help you.

Trump: No.

Schumer: BANG! Too bad.

Schumer: Tell me when you wish to negotiate.

"
Kamchatka wrote:
The problem with all of this is that the government being shut down does not matter and 99.9% of people are not affected and no one cares, except it sounds scary and foreboding to say "government shutdown"

The shutdown could last 10 years, barely no one will really care and people will just get used to it as the new normal.
I literally just got back from Jackson Hewitt. I was depending on my income tax return advance to fix my car that broke two days ago, and I couldn't get it because of the shutdown.

Fuck you, Chucky.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
The problem with all of this is that the government being shut down does not matter and 99.9% of people are not affected and no one cares, except it sounds scary and foreboding to say "government shutdown"

The shutdown could last 10 years, barely no one will really care and people will just get used to it as the new normal.
I literally just got back from Jackson Hewitt. I was depending on my income tax return advance to fix my car that broke two days ago, and I couldn't get it because of the shutdown.

Fuck you, Chucky.

RIP.

PS: I predict this government shutdown might last a while.
Last edited by deathflower on Jan 21, 2018, 8:36:23 PM
"
deathflower wrote:
PS: I predict this government shutdown might last a while.
I do too. Revenge for 2013. I bet they'll go 17 days just to set a new record.

I've made alternate plans, so I should be fine now.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
This is kind of inconvenient timing for me. I'm currently waiting for a passport renewal.
"
DurianMcgregor wrote:
This is kind of inconvenient timing for me. I'm currently waiting for a passport renewal.

Yeah, that is a pain all right. I hope you don't need the passport asap (already booked travel plans) since we have no idea how long this will drag on. :(
Censored.
Kick the can down the road. That was a short shutdown. Why does Republicans not like Chuck Schumer? He just cuck his own party and sold them out again.
"
deathflower wrote:
Kick the can down the road. That was a short shutdown. Why does Republicans not like Chuck Schumer? He just cuck his own party and sold them out again.
There was no Democratic win with the Schumer shutdown. Keep holding out for DACA, appease the progressives but enrage the moderates (mostly apolitical people depending on tax refunds or other govt services). Cave on the shutdown, appease the moderates but enrage the progressives (the ones who were telling him to hold the shutdown gun to Trump's head in the first place).

Of course, you didn't want to think about the moderates. That's why you kept telling yourself a shutdown is fine. Hell, in a week you might have been so comfortable without government services you might have gone ancap.

You know, I was mugged once. I said no. No, I wasn't being brave and cocky; I was depressed and suicidal. But regardless of my reasons, the man couldn't. Later I realized that alley I was in was probably too close to the city's nightclubs and police presence for him to get away with killing me. He chickened out, I kept my money, and I felt much less depressed.

Chucky didn't think this mugging through. If you aren't ready to shoot, no point bringing the gun.

Still, I gotta admit: I thought the progressive arm of the party had such fascistic control over Schumer (and the media, and corporations, and anyone else they could threaten with claims of bigotry) that he would be far to intimidated by his own base to dare back down from Trump. Is this the beginning of a Democrat return to relative sanity?
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 22, 2018, 11:01:14 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
There was no Democratic win with the Schumer shutdown. Keep holding out for DACA, appease the progressives but enrage the moderates (mostly apolitical people depending on tax refunds or other govt services). Cave on the shutdown, appease the moderates but enrage the progressives (the ones who were telling him to hold the shutdown gun to Trump's head in the first place).

Of course, you didn't want to think about the moderates. That's why you kept telling yourself a shutdown is fine. Hell, in a week you might have been so comfortable without government services you might have gone ancap.

You know, I was mugged once. I said no. No, I wasn't being brave and cocky; I was depressed and suicidal. But regardless of my reasons, the man couldn't. Later I realized that alley I was in was probably too close to the city's nightclubs and police presence for him to get away with killing me. He chickened out, I kept my money, and I felt much less depressed.

Chucky didn't think this mugging through. If you aren't ready to shoot, no point bringing the gun.

Still, I gotta admit: I thought the progressive arm of the party had such fascistic control over Schumer (and the media, and corporations, and anyone else they could threaten with claims of bigotry) that he would be far to intimidated by his own base to dare back down from Trump. Is this the beginning of a Democrat return to relative sanity?

It is strategic blunder. It is only scary when you first jump into the pool. Schumer already suffer a reputation hit and will get all the blame from both side jumping in and immediately crawling out. If Schumer jump into the pool and refuse to move, the responsibility will fall back to Trump and Republicans to move forward. The moderates don't care about DACA, precisely why if Democrat jump in and refuse to move, they have to pressure Trump and Republicans to move. If you holding hostage, why is the kidnappers being held hostage to other people's feelings, it is ridiculous. Point the gun at the moderates and shout Pass DACA or you will never get your tax cuts. If they refuse kill the hostages, Democrat aren't for tax cuts anyway. Democrats suck at politics.

PS: If they cannot stand for what they believe in, they stand for nothing at all. Democrats are cucks. Democratic Party is pathetic, spineless and useless.
Last edited by deathflower on Jan 23, 2018, 12:49:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info