ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Kamchatka wrote:
Sounds like the entire premise of the article and graph should be thrown in the trash.

Because it doesn't support your argument?
"
MBata wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
Tithing is probably at least partially charitable. Most churches do spend money on charitable causes, so it's not unreasonable to count it to some extent. I think it would be incorrect also to count it as 0% charitable.

Well if someone wants to do HONEST statistical analysis to show charity based on party, then they should do the work and come up with a good % of tithing to use.

Why do you insist on associating tithing only with republicans?!
Do you think democrats don't go to church?

You are making some false connections that assume that a) tithing was part of the data and b) that only Repulicans tithe.

Here are some different links and stats:

Spoiler

Key take away from this graph: conservatives donate 30% MORE.

As individual donors, conservatives are hearty givers—as made clear in this graph, the one previous, and many other data sets.

When it comes to running foundations, though, liberals tend to control the reins. Matched analyses of the major American foundations reported in the book The New Leviathan found 82 foundations whose staff took a clear conservative orientation in their giving, and 122 foundations whose staff operated with a clear liberal orientation. The conservative-controlled foundations had assets of $10 billion in 2010, from which they gave away $832 million annually. That same year, the liberal-controlled foundations had assets of $105 billion (more than ten times their conservative counterparts), and gave away $8.8 billion annually (11 times as much as conservative counterparts).

Many foundations end up espousing the priorities and orientations of their staff rather than the principles of the donor behind the foundation. As this has become more widely understood, some new foundations have made efforts to protect “donor intent” and be sure that funds are expended on causes compatible with the founder’s views. There has also been a sharp jump of interest in “sunset” foundations—which spend all their money relatively close to the donor’s lifetime, rather than existing in perpetuity, where capture by staff becomes almost inevitable. See the text accompanying Graph 18 for more details on sunsetting.

I did not say democrats don't tithe, you just made that up.

In the USA tithing can be claimed as a charitable donation when itemizing taxes.

So that means that since your original website uses charitable tax deductions, it includes tithing.

Your website and premise on charity are full of holes, time to throw the premise in the trash, unless you get better data.
Last edited by Kamchatka on Jan 19, 2018, 1:29:49 PM
"
MBata wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
Sounds like the entire premise of the article and graph should be thrown in the trash.

Because it doesn't support your argument?

No, because the data you cited to make your argument is horrible, since it includes tithing with charitable donations and excludes people who take the standard deduction.

Your new graph is worse than the last: it just says "giving" . Giving what? Does it include tithing or not? No one can know based on "giving"

So I just Spent 5 minutes on Google and it turns out if you do not count tithing, liberals give more to charity.

Now, personally, I do not take this to mean that liberals give more to charity than conservatives, But it does prove that conservatives consider tithing as charity.

And don't get me wrong, plenty of stuff liberals give money to also should not count as charity, for example: anything involving helping animals or plants is not charity.
Last edited by Kamchatka on Jan 19, 2018, 2:08:25 PM
in 37 days none of this will matter.
Something special supposed to happen the day the Olympics end?
"
in 37 days none of this will matter.

What's special about February 25th?

Whatever that's for, here's a meaningless countdown for it ;-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jan 19, 2018, 2:56:39 PM
Now now, somethings must stay a surprise, I cant go around spoiling for all you. You would never forgive me. Just wanted you all to know there is something special coming.
"
Now now, somethings must stay a surprise, I cant go around spoiling for all you. You would never forgive me. Just wanted you all to know there is something special coming.

The day North Korea launches a nuke at the US and the US nukes DPRK off the map?

The Grape Harvest Festival in Argentina?

or... the end of Abyss league?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"

I actually like reading spoilers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info