ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
North Korea-US summit is both cancel and not cancel. Are they doing doublespeak now?

"
deathflower wrote:
North Korea-US summit is both cancel and not cancel. Are they doing doublespeak now?

Hard to read Trump

I think Trump is pissed at Bolton and VP trying to sabotage deal with their "he'll end up like Libya" comments and will do it anyway just to spite. Just my opinion.
Git R Dun!
Trump was never serious about a deal with NK. He's just playing. IMO, I think the Trump administration just wanted to make it appear like they tried to make a deal with NK, just so they can justify attacking them at a later date for non-compliance. Same thing with Iran. Some talking heads were seriously consider recommending Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize, and I was like hahahahahahah yeah......no. Might want to wait and see what actually happens. He's a warmongering buffoon.

Anyone in the US military, I'd recommend not signing up for another tour. Make these bastards draft millennials to fight in North Korea and Iran. To ensure that it's the most unpopular war in history.

People seem to have this notion that the US military is invincible, and cannot be defeated. But if the USA sends their Navy into the Persian Gulf to attack Iran, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Iran sinks a dozen ships, along with an aircraft carrier. Iran isn't going to fight a straight up war with the USA, they're going to use asymmetrical warfare tactics, that the USA isn't going to be prepared to deal with. Their strategy is going to be to inflict maximum possible casualties on US forces, and make it extremely costly in manpower and resources. And make the war politically not viable. People working in body bag manufacturing are going to be working overtime. Along with US flag lapel pin makers, one for each body bag. North Korea will be the same deal.

Iran has Sunburn Missiles capable of taking out US ships. They probably got all the prime firing positions already mapped out, and will be prepared to launch a salvo of

The USA cannot use nuclear weapons in either theater without extremely severe consequences from the Russians, and the Chinese. The USA is shoehorned into fighting a conventional war, and is obligated to fighting within the confines of the Geneva Convention, when neither Iran or North Korea is going to play by those rules. Nor should they if the USA attacks them on their turf.

Here is the way I look at it, if North Korea nukes someone, we're looking at probably 250k dead. Our response is simple, we nuke Pyongyang, and annihilate North Korea's government. A conventional invasion of that country would result in even more casualties. This is why we can't just attack someone for developing nuclear weapons. Besides, I don't think they have a case for demanding Iran not develop nuclear weapons, unless Israel has to give up theirs.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on May 27, 2018, 10:23:42 AM
There was a simulation done back in 2002 that put the US Navy against an asymmetrical warfare strategy, and they were miserably defeated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

"

Red, commanded by retired Marine Corps Lieutenant General Paul K. Van Riper, adopted an asymmetric strategy, in particular, using old methods to evade Blue's sophisticated electronic surveillance network. Van Riper used motorcycle messengers to transmit orders to front-line troops and World-War-II-style light signals to launch airplanes without radio communications.

Red received an ultimatum from Blue, essentially a surrender document, demanding a response within 24 hours. Thus warned of Blue's approach, Red used a fleet of small boats to determine the position of Blue's fleet by the second day of the exercise. In a preemptive strike, Red launched a massive salvo of cruise missiles that overwhelmed the Blue forces' electronic sensors and destroyed sixteen warships. This included one aircraft carrier, ten cruisers and five of six amphibious ships. An equivalent success in a real conflict would have resulted in the deaths of over 20,000 service personnel. Soon after the cruise missile offensive, another significant portion of Blue's navy was "sunk" by an armada of small Red boats, which carried out both conventional and suicide attacks that capitalized on Blue's inability to detect them as well as expected.

At this point, the exercise was suspended, Blue's ships were "re-floated", and the rules of engagement were changed; this was later justified by General Peter Pace as follows: "You kill me in the first day and I sit there for the next 13 days doing nothing, or you put me back to life and you get 13 more days' worth of experiment out of me. Which is a better way to do it?"[1] After the reset, both sides were ordered to follow predetermined plans of action.

After the war game was restarted, its participants were forced to follow a script drafted to ensure a Blue Force victory. Among other rules imposed by this script, Red Force was ordered to turn on their anti-aircraft radar in order for them to be destroyed, and was not allowed to shoot down any of the aircraft bringing Blue Force troops ashore.[2] Van Riper also claimed that exercise officials denied him the opportunity to use his own tactics and ideas against Blue Force, and that they also ordered Red Force not to use certain weapons systems against Blue Force and even ordered the location of Red Force units to be revealed.[3]

This led to accusations that the war game had turned from an honest, open, free playtest of U.S. war-fighting capabilities into a rigidly controlled and scripted exercise intended to end in an overwhelming U.S. victory,[2] alleging that "$250 million was wasted"

Also, Iran has Sunburn missiles that are capable of taking out US ships:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS-N-22

They can be launched from many different platforms. Including those which can avoid detection by aerial surveillance. A couple hundred of these could take out the US fleet, even if they shoot some of the missiles down, there is no way they could shoot them all down. Just one of these could take out a destroyer. It would probably take several hits to take out a carrier though.

But yeah, real possibility here for an entire US carrier battle group to become artificial reefs in the Persian Gulf, if they attack Iran. That would be one of the biggest naval defeats in the history of warfare. Reminiscent of the Greeks defeating the Persian Navy, led by Themistocles. Except this time, Persia wins.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on May 27, 2018, 10:55:37 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Trump was never serious about a deal with NK. He's just playing. IMO, I think the Trump administration just wanted to make it appear like they tried to make a deal with NK, just so they can justify attacking them at a later date for non-compliance. Same thing with Iran. Some talking heads were seriously consider recommending Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize, and I was like hahahahahahah yeah......no. Might want to wait and see what actually happens. He's a warmongering buffoon.

Anyone in the US military, I'd recommend not signing up for another tour. Make these bastards draft millennials to fight in North Korea and Iran. To ensure that it's the most unpopular war in history.

People seem to have this notion that the US military is invincible, and cannot be defeated. But if the USA sends their Navy into the Persian Gulf to attack Iran, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Iran sinks a dozen ships, along with an aircraft carrier. Iran isn't going to fight a straight up war with the USA, they're going to use asymmetrical warfare tactics, that the USA isn't going to be prepared to deal with. Their strategy is going to be to inflict maximum possible casualties on US forces, and make it extremely costly in manpower and resources. And make the war politically not viable. People working in body bag manufacturing are going to be working overtime. Along with US flag lapel pin makers, one for each body bag. North Korea will be the same deal.

Iran has Sunburn Missiles capable of taking out US ships. They probably got all the prime firing positions already mapped out, and will be prepared to launch a salvo of

The USA cannot use nuclear weapons in either theater without extremely severe consequences from the Russians, and the Chinese. The USA is shoehorned into fighting a conventional war, and is obligated to fighting within the confines of the Geneva Convention, when neither Iran or North Korea is going to play by those rules. Nor should they if the USA attacks them on their turf.

Here is the way I look at it, if North Korea nukes someone, we're looking at probably 250k dead. Our response is simple, we nuke Pyongyang, and annihilate North Korea's government. A conventional invasion of that country would result in even more casualties. This is why we can't just attack someone for developing nuclear weapons. Besides, I don't think they have a case for demanding Iran not develop nuclear weapons, unless Israel has to give up theirs.

US is far from invincible. Taliban is winning they control 75% of the country. Cities are only things we can hold. This is guys in sandals with Korean war era weapons. He had to pay off Iraq's to stop attacking us with suitcases stuffed full of $100 bills to "win" surge and make Bush look good a few months. Image a first rate army with real weapons like NK. And no it would be far more deadly about 20 million are in range of NK artillery alone not to mention nukes.

War fighting never works out like we plan. To actually control territory and dig out fortifications it turns to disaster every time since at least the last korean war.

I agree about Iran. We'll take out via air while our MEK terrorists we train and try forment a revolution. No US ground troops though. We will fail.

NK no way. Nothing will be done way too risky.

"

"The USA is shoehorned into fighting a conventional war, and is obligated to fighting within the confines of the Geneva Convention"

This is a big myth. Drain the swamp been tried. We totally carpet bombed like 3 countries millions civis dead in Vietnam war. And lost.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 27, 2018, 2:07:01 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

US is far from invincible. Taliban is winning they control 75% of the country. Cities are only things we can hold. This is guys in sandals with Korean war era weapons. He had to pay off Iraq's to stop attacking us with suitcases stuffed full of $100 bills to "win" surge and make Bush look good a few months. Image a first rate army with real weapons like NK. And no it would be far more deadly about 20 million are in range of NK artillery alone not to mention nukes.

War fighting never works out like we plan. To actually control territory and dig out fortifications it turns to disaster every time since at least the last korean war.

I agree about Iran. We'll take out via air while our MEK terrorists we train and try forment a revolution. No US ground troops though.

NK no way.

Having USA troops sit around babysitting some muslim nation that doesn't have our values, while a significant portion of the population there is funded by pakistan to kill our troops, is a joke.

Makes our troops sitting ducks for basically nothing. This is part of the Bush lies, but we can't just pull out now. Under Taliban horrible crimes occurred regardless of Bush lies, and we can't just abandon the women and let the taliban control again so they can be executed at half time of soccer games like they were before.

Taliban are barbaric people, but a people you can find militantly up and down that region.

The "terrorism" aspect is a lie as it was under Bush in the Iraq war about Iraq, but Taliban are still murderers to the nth degree.

But USA pretty much is invincible in every way it wants to win, not babysit backwater 3rd world nations.

The entire planet could rise up against us, and only USA would survive.

This isn't bragging, it's just what happens when you put so much money into a military, above and beyond anyone else, decade after decade after decade. USA just has superior training and equipment in almost every way.

And with Trump, USA is only getting stronger.

The entire planet could rise up against us, and only USA would survive.

You ever heard of MAD? Russia, China, UK, Israel or France could end us. Pakistan and India soon.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 27, 2018, 2:13:58 PM
The era of US & Israeli hegemony in the middle east is coming to an end.

It looks like Turkey is now an opponent of Israel on the geopolitical stage:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/turkish-pm-israel-islamic-nations-unite-against-jewish-state/

Also, Turkey might be moving away from the EU/NATO to form closer ties with the Russians:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/turkey-deal-to-buy-russian-weapons-is-final

You got 2 main competing factions in the middle east. On one side you got:

USA/Israel/Saudis/Qataris

On the other side you have:

Russia/Iran/Syria.....and now possibly Turkey?

If Turkey joins team #2, then that's going to spell a complete disaster for team #1. And a complete disaster for NATO. Russia is basically knocking out 2 birds with one stone by pulling Turkey into their alliance, which is a geopolitical power play. Vladimir Putin showing his mettle once again.

There was an incident awhile back where Turkey shot down a Russian fighter jet, but ever since that incident, Russia has been busy in negotiations with Turkey. It's possible they worked out some kinda deal.

Russia/Iran/Syria plans on running an oil pipeline through the region, and given recent events, it appears like Syria and Assad is going to pull through this and come out on the winning side. Of course, Turkey doesn't want to be on the losing side, and has changed positions and decided to side with the eventual winner.

That's my analysis about this.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on May 27, 2018, 3:11:00 PM
Insurgencies are winnable, when you have either most of the population on your side or you go full genocide. The second is not an option anymore, the first one is not available. In Afghanistan you'd need most Afghani to actually fight the Taliban. But they aren't, so the best thing to do is to cut losses and pack your bags.

A-stan is a total waste of resources. Eliminating a single sandal-wearing goat-herder with an AK, can cost millions of dollars - patrolling, surveillance, air support, artillery fire, base maintenance, logistics... US is a Goliath swatting unlimited amount of flies.

But since war and the military is a governmental program, it can and will eat unlimited amounts of cash with no regard to justification or efficiency.

E:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Also, Turkey might be moving away from the EU/NATO to form closer ties with the Russians:

The US (and French) are supporting their proxy force in Syria, called "SDF" (mostly comprised of Kurds) and Turkey doesn't like this. The US has no chance of winning anything in Syria, the most that US/Israel/Saudi can do is to prolong the war indefinitely. But Turks won't tolerate an increasing Kurd power (NATO armed & trained) on their border.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on May 27, 2018, 3:23:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info