Upcoming Unique Items

Definitely in favour of new movement skills.
And some more leveling uniques aren't a bad idea either, though I'm obviously mostly eyeing a certain sword for that.
The shield looks very promising. The helmet kind of competes with skullhead.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
Timbroslice wrote:
Why are there more and more uniques being released with no max life/resist on them? You guys balanced your game around being res capped or get 1 shot but you keep releasing shithouse 1 alch uniques like this.

I'd love to try some of these sorry but i'm too busy rocking rares so i don't die in 1 shot.

How have you followed the game this long and not realized that this is their model for Uniques.

They have mentioned multiple times since the game was young, that they want yellows (rare items)to rule over Uniques. Yes, there are several that are extremely good even now, specially legacy items (which is why nerfs happen).

During many of the fan meetups, Chris himself mentioned some Uniques were unexpectedly too powerful so they nerf specific ones.

I agree, and love this approach. Where you can max your resistances, while comfortably being able to squeeze in a couple Uniques for specific build rolls or situations.
That map sounds cool. :)
"
Timbroslice wrote:
Why are there more and more uniques being released with no max life/resist on them? You guys balanced your game around being res capped or get 1 shot but you keep releasing shithouse 1 alch uniques like this.

I'd love to try some of these sorry but i'm too busy rocking rares so i don't die in 1 shot.

+1

Please add more resists/life to uniques as some of us prefer to collect uniques and aren't interested in crafting or waiting for people to come online on poe.trade to buy better random rolls.
"
FireZombie wrote:
"
Timbroslice wrote:

How have you followed the game this long and not realized that this is their model for Uniques.

They have mentioned multiple times since the game was young, that they want yellows (rare items)to rule over Uniques. Yes, there are several that are extremely good even now, specially legacy items (which is why nerfs happen).

During many of the fan meetups, Chris himself mentioned some Uniques were unexpectedly too powerful so they nerf specific ones.

I agree, and love this approach. Where you can max your resistances, while comfortably being able to squeeze in a couple Uniques for specific build rolls or situations.

Uniques according to the design philosophy exist either for leveling, to be "solid, medium-rares", or to be build enabling. While I think GGG has a really good niche for leveling uniques that can make leveling a mid-league character fun, for the most part, high-level uniques are just flat-out useless and might as well just be removed from the game.

This new Cane is a good example of a medium rare. It's fine. People will play it. Vix? It's clearly designed to be build-enabling and yet it is literally trash.
Shield might have some niche uses because of the +2 level of gems, and more unique maps is always fun, but we really don't need more unique that aren't worth picking up, and where buying them is only difficult because no one is willing to leave their map for 1 alch.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425
"
pichapie wrote:
meh

yeah i agree, it's just damage for the sake of damage and even more damage. poop summoner unique with no "real summoners problems desecrate/convocation cooldown changes", poop shield with low HP, no resists or block. I feel like new league will be even worse than current one.
"
Flame Dash, Blink Arrow, Bodyswap or Lightning Warp with you.

Bodyswap confirmed as a new movement skill?
Good cane and shield. I'm not going to comment on the others but as someone who has experience with charged dash/lightning strike, those boots aren't honestly going to be that useful.

The only real advantage I see is no phys to lightning required and it does provide a tiny more safety since it doesn't do full conversion. The offensive and defensive capabilities are pretty bad since it only magnifies shock a bit, but reflect is still a very large concern. The armor roll is bad and the movement speed roll is also not as high as you would expect. Then they don't even have the right kind of defense: I can see an argument for ES or evasion, but armor? That really doesn't make sense here. Most of the focus on shock is in the Witch/Templar area while being mostly with the witch area particularly with the chance to shock as well as heart of thunder, and the lightning elemental penetration node near the claw/dagger crit chance nodes.
It's not too bad I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info