Upcoming Unique Items

I wanna see the skills.
no unique that let's me one shot shaper by just having it in my inventory? all vendor trash obviously.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
qrista wrote:
That cane is simply made for ED-Con/Blight.. can't wait to try it out

This staff for crit builds.
Even though +2 to skill level is good i don't think ED is best skill for this.

Maybe for Dark Pact?

As for boots, i don't think this is worth much attention.
1) Skills have 50$ conversion, and gem PhysToLigh gives another 50%.
So 25% conversion is bad. You can't switch and not use gem conversion!

2)Only useful mod is increased Shock effect to easier to get 50% more damage.
But for packs it isn't needed, as for Boss fight mostly used FOCUS gem.

3) For leveling it is better to have 30% movement mod, damage isn't a problem when you go thought acts.

Shield is interesting for Auras with flat increment.
With Empower Support it will give huge boost.
Also useful against bosses with cold skills, or as defense mechanism against reflect (for example elemental wander with cold base).
"
tacotiklah wrote:
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
Stormcharger is straight up the worst item in the history of Poe, it's unreal how bad items just keep getting added to the game. I hope that's not a supporter unique...

By itself, yeah it's god awful. But in combination with a couple of other items, it can become amazing. Lemme explain why...

For starters, on the reddit a supporter revealed a unique chest piece called Inpulsa's Broken Heart: https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7bla5r/here_is_a_teaser_of_a_new_unique_at_31_supporter/

Then of course there's an old "useless" unique belt that now suddenly becomes amazing with the chestpiece:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Maligaro%27s_Restraint

Now what happens is that the shock you apply to enemies gets reflected back to you. But you don't take increased damage from it. You're still shocked, but no increased damage taken. This creates a safe "shock aura" where literally everything around you becomes shocked.
Why does that matter? Because by shocking everything around you, chest has the lightning equivalent of obliteration wand/gladiator bloodsplosion/occultist profane bloom/etc. (which btw, these explosion mechanics stack ;) )

But wait, there's more!
Now the changes to how shock work in 3.0 means that shock has a cap of +50% damage provided you chunked at least 10% of the target's maximum life in a hit with lightning damage. But if you stack increased effect of shock, this lowers the necessary threshold to reach shock cap. If you stack it high enough, even a tickle can apply shock cap. This is where the boots come in. Now they haven't shown the roll range on the increased shock effect mod on these new boots which is why I'm not getting TOO excited for them, but it would certainly help tremendously towards lowering shock cap threshold. That Inpulsa's chest piece ALSO increases effect of shock, so that helps lower the shock cap threshold as well. Assuming you get the threshold down low enough, it's basically a free +50% increased damage, even against bosses. This is where the boots become nice.

But wait! You can still go even more ham with this with other uniques in this combo...
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Esh%27s_Mirror
along with
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vessel_of_Vinktar_(Added_Lightning_Damage_to_Attacks) (or added lightning to spells one)

Or how about substituting the esh mirror/vinktar flask for one of these?:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Starforge Because that item wasn't stupidly OP af without adding a shock based form of obliteration wand to make it's clearing even faster and bossing even stronger (if you stack shock effect), right?

Or what about possibly throwing this ring into the mix?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Valako%27s_Sign

Point of all this being that sometimes a unique looks really shitty on its own, but becomes build-enabling when used in tandem with other uniques to create a stupidly OP build.

I like these ideas and all. But I don't think these boots are build enabling or important part of the combo. You don't need boss to explode. You don't need extra increase of shock effect on boots to shock bosses. You don't need extra second long shock duration.

You might need to stack all of this if you are trying to create supporter character which will be able to shock end-game bosses for other players or just easily enhance shock potential for builds which can't get it other way.

I feel like these boots have just too many drawbacks and there are simply easier ways how to scale your damage.

Btw I am wondering if lightning explosions from the chest could actually work with the Starforge. I think it won't do any damage.
And let me guess..

for some Players they drop at the first days and rest must buy it cause restrict to drop after some days like other stuff..

stop Play around and make it aviable for all !

after years i know how the droprates realy functions.

so before you geting one of this items after some days you have to pray to rng again.

example i farmed on legacy iir iiq dunes for weeks to get a heretics veil cause im not a fan of rmt to buy ex for this item !

stop playing around !
If you not affraid of the Devil.. then you dont need a GOD !
Last edited by ONE_OF_A_MILLION on Nov 9, 2017, 4:18:40 AM
boring filler uniques.
guys. Pls
A unique item on gear, that is not a weapon requires either 25% movespeed as boots or it is useless

Other gear, It needs atleast 60 life and/or Res or it is useless 1 alch.

Weapon, it shouldn focus on a mechanic that exists already, or it useless. ( power, frenzy, can be gained my millions of ways. I do not need something that blocks my weapon slot.

Same with all others. If you do these shity uniques you call them " special, build enabling". but honeslty Even a build that would like em would prefer simply goddam rare items for 5c over this.
Get real.

Good luck deving
Only interesting new unique is the Vix Lunaris shield as it involves a new mechanic.
Probably similar as a proximity shield but only for cold damage.

The other items are typical leveling uniques which get replaced when starting maps or even at the later story mode progression. They provide nice stat boots for their level, more or less, but fall off later.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
bodyswap you sneaky fuccs :D

also specters are getting mjolnerfed right? the wraithlord is damage control.
Second-class poe gamer
"
Langhun wrote:

I like these ideas and all. But I don't think these boots are build enabling or important part of the combo. You don't need boss to explode. You don't need extra increase of shock effect on boots to shock bosses. You don't need extra second long shock duration.

You might need to stack all of this if you are trying to create supporter character which will be able to shock end-game bosses for other players or just easily enhance shock potential for builds which can't get it other way.

I feel like these boots have just too many drawbacks and there are simply easier ways how to scale your damage.

Btw I am wondering if lightning explosions from the chest could actually work with the Starforge. I think it won't do any damage.

The idea of stacking shock effect is to have an always up +50% increased damage, but you're probably right in that doing so would largely be wasted on trash mob clearing. I was thinking it'd be more important for tough rares/bosses. That dps boost could help immensely. The boots + belt would net you +35% movement speed, which is something you'd probably need a deafening essence of zeal to get on rare boots alone, but with stormcharger + maligaro's restraint it's fraction of the price and at the cost of resists. You can make up those resists elsewhere.

As for the question on starforge, that's an interesting one. On my slayer starforge cycloner, I could still use a herald of ash to burn nearby enemies for overkill damage. This leads me to believe that it would work because the although the explosion damage is elemental, it's coming from a source other than the starforge itself (e.g. exploding corpse). Obviously I'd wanna test this out for myself to be sure, but based on what info is available, I think it would.
Last edited by tacotiklah on Nov 9, 2017, 6:26:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info