Upcoming Unique Items

I just hope no one payed for this garbo. lulz.
"
twiz wrote:
"
tacotiklah wrote:
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
Stormcharger is straight up the worst item in the history of Poe, it's unreal how bad items just keep getting added to the game. I hope that's not a supporter unique...

By itself, yeah it's god awful. But in combination with a couple of other items, it can become amazing. Lemme explain why...

For starters, on the reddit a supporter revealed a unique chest piece called Inpulsa's Broken Heart: https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7bla5r/here_is_a_teaser_of_a_new_unique_at_31_supporter/

Then of course there's an old "useless" unique belt that now suddenly becomes amazing with the chestpiece:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Maligaro%27s_Restraint

Now what happens is that the shock you apply to enemies gets reflected back to you. But you don't take increased damage from it. You're still shocked, but no increased damage taken. This creates a safe "shock aura" where literally everything around you becomes shocked.
Why does that matter? Because by shocking everything around you, chest has the lightning equivalent of obliteration wand/gladiator bloodsplosion/occultist profane bloom/etc. (which btw, these explosion mechanics stack ;) )

But wait, there's more!
Now the changes to how shock work in 3.0 means that shock has a cap of +50% damage provided you chunked at least 10% of the target's maximum life in a hit with lightning damage. But if you stack increased effect of shock, this lowers the necessary threshold to reach shock cap. If you stack it high enough, even a tickle can apply shock cap. This is where the boots come in. Now they haven't shown the roll range on the increased shock effect mod on these new boots which is why I'm not getting TOO excited for them, but it would certainly help tremendously towards lowering shock cap threshold. That Inpulsa's chest piece ALSO increases effect of shock, so that helps lower the shock cap threshold as well. Assuming you get the threshold down low enough, it's basically a free +50% increased damage, even against bosses. This is where the boots become nice.

But wait! You can still go even more ham with this with other uniques in this combo...
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Esh%27s_Mirror
along with
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vessel_of_Vinktar_(Added_Lightning_Damage_to_Attacks) (or added lightning to spells one)

Or how about substituting the esh mirror/vinktar flask for one of these?:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Starforge Because that item wasn't stupidly OP af without adding a shock based form of obliteration wand to make it's clearing even faster and bossing even stronger (if you stack shock effect), right?

Or what about possibly throwing this ring into the mix?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Valako%27s_Sign

Point of all this being that sometimes a unique looks really shitty on its own, but becomes build-enabling when used in tandem with other uniques to create a stupidly OP build.

And 0 resists, so have fun getting dicked by anything that's not trash...
Unless you spend hundreds of exalts on every other piece to get perfect life/res gear.

I wasn't saying to fill every slot with uniques. The core of the combo is the boots, chest, and belt. I threw out other options that could work with this for more deeps. Lots of people use unique chest pieces that don't have resists on them. The only other slots that this eats up are the belt and boots (which when used in tandem can give you +35% ms, so still not entirely a waste). You still have gloves, helm, shield (if going 1h), rings, and ammy. Chances are good that you'll probably wanna go crit as well, so pick Alira as bandit choice for crit multi and resists. And if for whatever reason you're still somehow not crit capped, work in purity of elements + enlighten. It's not impossible and it doesn't take mirror gear to do.
Last edited by tacotiklah on Nov 9, 2017, 2:39:01 AM
More Uniques for my fellow Vendors HYPE!

Dunes tier 7 map is more interesting to me than the garbage uniques (besides maybe the staff and the shield)
nice, more alch shards to inflate the loot tables.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
btw, with new unique map, they will be probably changing Atlas in some sorts. That's probably the most important thing about this post.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
"Staves have a longstanding tradition of providing solid high-level caster specialization options... Agnerods" Haha, oh you crack me up GGG. That map looks very nice but seems like another finger to flame dash as if it wasn't limited enough.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
The new unique map seems unfair unless they add cooldown to all non-combat movement skills. It still seems unfair unless they remove the flicker strike cooldown, tho.
Vendors are excited
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
"
sidtherat wrote:

cooldown recovery on movement skills? so all movement skills now have a cooldown?

probably meant to let flame dash and blink arrow be reasonable to use over superior movement skills

"
id like that, but im sure im in the very very small minority here

you're not alone, I assure you that. I wouldnt mind it as well.

"

otherwise: lol at people measuring uniques by their sell value not utility
I know right ? sometimes I wonder what game people think they're playing and then I remember a lot of people just clearspeed currency with biscos and buy whatever they want instead of actually using gear that drops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info