[ 3.1 Update ] Quad Glacial Cascade Fire Totems - All Content Capable - 1.5 Million Peak DPS

That's correct, I think use Fire penetration is better.
Hallo, I want to try this build, and am at lvl 12 marauder.
Do you have any leveling guide, or at least leveling passive tree at like 30-50-80 points
"
Boksa wrote:
Hallo, I want to try this build, and am at lvl 12 marauder.
Do you have any leveling guide, or at least leveling passive tree at like 30-50-80 points

Hi, thanks for reading. I don't have a leveling guide at this time but can give you some high level info. This build takes a little while to get set up. Even the budget version requires a 5 link soul mantle which will run you 30-40 chaos in league. I am running a 4 link Flame Totem in lvl 66 currently (while leveling up a Glacial Cascade gem in my off-hand weapon). The Flame Totem works fine for now as I won't switch until I have the 5 link. Any elemental totem build will be good enough early but I like Flame Totem as you won't need a gem slot for a Spell Totem. For passive tree order I prefer Blood Magic first (so that I don't need to think about mana), Ancestral Bond next for muli-totems, Elemental Overload for the damage boost then Avatar of Fire (for when you do switch over to GC). Those key passives have lots of life and elemental damage nearby. Pick those up as necessary.

This build really shines when you start mapping and face more difficult content. Unfortunately, it's not something you can use at the beginning of league.
Last edited by Durins_Bane on Dec 12, 2017, 6:31:15 PM
"
Sodee2 wrote:
Durins_Bane, I apologize if my understanding of this is incorrect: would running Elemental Focus for the "supported skills cannot inflict elemental ailments" negate the effect of our Ascendancy skill "Ngamahu, Flame's Advance" which gives chance to ignite and increased damage against targets that are burning?

Hello, Ngamahu will not activate with Elemental Focus. If you want to take advantage of Ngamahu with this build use Fire Trap as it will cause burning and allow GC the associated damage boost. Keep in mind that Ngamahu is only an "increase" as opposed to a "more" multiplier. Unless you are attempting to utilize another status ailment mechanic don't spend too much time or gem slots trying to take advantage of the damage increase.
Last edited by Durins_Bane on Dec 12, 2017, 6:56:20 PM
"
Ilidiankid wrote:
Hi Durins, first thank you for making this build, I'm aiming to make this my league starter. What skill or any specific pathing do you recommended for leveling? This is my first time playing totem so looking for any tips to make leveling to 90 smoother :)

Hi, thank you for reading. Using totems is generally a smooth play style regardless. Your totems cast for you (so less clicking), you don't need to worry about reflect and casting your totems between you and your foe provides some protection and gives you strong positioning to retreat when necessary.

My answer to your question is similar to how I answered for Boksa's question. This build takes a little while to get set up. Your first 40 chaos or so should be spent on a 5 link soul mantle. I am running a 4 link Flame Totem in lvl 66 currently (while leveling up a Glacial Cascade gem in my off-hand weapon). The Flame Totem works fine for now as I won't switch until I have the 5 link. I'm not feeling any rush to switch or farm the chaos recipe at the moment as all the early content is pretty simple. Any elemental totem build will be good enough early game but I like Flame Totem as you won't need a gem slot for a Spell Totem to use it. For passive tree order I prefer Blood Magic first (so that I don't need to think about mana), Ancestral Bond next for muli-totems, Elemental Overload for the damage boost then Avatar of Fire (for when you do switch over to GC). Those key passives have lots of life and elemental damage nearby. Pick those up as necessary. Also keep in mind of the late game resistance hit and impact of curses from soul mantle. You will need to pick up a lot of resistance from your tree.
Last edited by Durins_Bane on Dec 12, 2017, 9:54:16 PM
this build still working 3.1 ?
"
this build still working 3.1 ?

GGG couldn't have made this build any better than what they did in 3.1!! I will post the details in the build description. Thank you for reading.
Just want to point one thing out, OP posted that he did not start using GC totems before 5l soul mantle.
I started using it around lvl 65 with 4l soul mantle, kikazaru and essence worm and didn't have any issues running maps t1-t10 (GC, Controled destruction, elemental focus and cold to fire).
At that point I had avatar of fire, blood magic, ancestral bond.
So you can easily start farming maps with even 4l if you dont have currency for 5l mantle
"
Just want to point one thing out, OP posted that he did not start using GC totems before 5l soul mantle.
I started using it around lvl 65 with 4l soul mantle, kikazaru and essence worm and didn't have any issues running maps t1-t10 (GC, Controled destruction, elemental focus and cold to fire).
At that point I had avatar of fire, blood magic, ancestral bond.
So you can easily start farming maps with even 4l if you dont have currency for 5l mantle

Thank you for the post and I agree 100%. This was an oversight on my part. I had basically become so accustom to using Flame Totem (with any solid rare 4-link, until I could afford the 5-link) that I didn't consider jumping into the build with a 4-link Soul Mantle. I am going to make a few revisions to this build description and state that the best approach to using this build would be to switch to a 4-link Soul Mantle as soon as you reach lvl 49 and 134 intelligence (Soul Mantle requirements) provided you have selected the necessary key passives (that you mentioned) in order for the build to function. Thanks again for pointing this out and improving the build details.
Last edited by Durins_Bane on Jan 7, 2018, 3:15:25 PM
Just changed my old Build Chieftain into this one. Seems very fun to play. i was in trouble about my DPS, but when i used it on POB with lvl20 Skills i saw the problem. hehe MY skills gems are still in low level :)
Last edited by edu1991 on Feb 2, 2018, 7:52:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info