[ 3.1 Update ] Quad Glacial Cascade Fire Totems - All Content Capable - 1.5 Million Peak DPS

"
Sodee2 wrote:
would running Elemental Focus for the "supported skills cannot inflict elemental ailments" negate the effect of our Ascendancy skill "Ngamahu, Flame's Advance" which gives chance to ignite and increased damage against targets that are burning?

It would but this can be remedied in various ways. Fire Traps have been mentioned already. Using a Flame Golem (linked with Spell Echo, Chance to Ignite, GMP) also works very well for this purpose. In Abyss it's getting even better since ANY golem can now ignite if you equip a jewel like

Now I'm using a Lightning Golem to ignite which also grants 10% increased cast speed. Unlike the other elemental status ailments, Ignites do not depend on the amount of damage dealt. The third mod is also very cute since we can "kill" our minion at will, just re-summon the golem and gain another 10% cast speed for 8 seconds.

I also want to mention Watcher's Eye here.

The damage increase is equal to Clear Mind.

P.S. I'm playing Shockwave Totem with 100% fire conversion but the maths are pretty much the same (60% effectiveness of added damage)
Last edited by tomay on Feb 5, 2018, 5:18:00 AM
I just made video showing how Easy is Atziri to kill with your Build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmUGgu_dlio
So do you still bother with damage conversion with the new shaped/elder ammys? Is it worth the pen still?
"
So do you still bother with damage conversion with the new shaped/elder ammys? Is it worth the pen still?

Hello, I think what your asking is whether or not Xoph's ammy is necessary for this build (especially with the new shaper/elder ammy mods)....the answer to that question is no. The damage conversion is critical for this build and is easily accomplished by choosing the key passive Avatar of Fire and using the Cold to Fire conversion gem.

Although Xoph's ammy continues to be the best overall ammy for this build, the new "Gain 20% of physical damage as extra Fire/Cold" is great. This mod on a rare ammy with life/resist/cast makes the difference between the two minimal. If you can throw in Dexterity too (which is tricky to gain with this build) I would almost, maybe choose the rare ammy.

Please let me know if I did not address your question. Thank you

Last edited by Durins_Bane on Feb 12, 2018, 9:37:20 PM
What are your thoughts on new chieftain rework for 3.2.
Last edited by Boksa on Feb 16, 2018, 2:18:36 PM
"
Boksa wrote:
What are your thoughts on new chieftain rework for 3.2.

Hi,
My initial reaction is relief that I don't feel any material nerfs took place. Looks like Ngamahu lost the increased damage against burning enemies but I've never been a fan of trying to trigger that functionality.

We also lost HineKora's 20% more damage when our totems kill...but it was replaced by Ngamahu's 100% more damage for 3 out of every 10 seconds. This might make mapping/killing mobs a little more choppy, but will provide a nice buff when battling bosses that don't spawn adds/minions. Overall I'd say a minor buff for DPS.

Ramako got a couple nice additions but not a skill choice i'd use with this build.

The most interesting change for this build is Ngamahu gaining a 50% phys to fire conversion. Currently, because Glacial Cascade is a 60%/40% split between cold and phys (when discussing how to convert) it makes a lot of sense to pick up Avatar of Fire to both convert the phys to fire and the remaining 10% of cold (that the 50% cold to fire conversion gem leaves behind). Going forward, the only benefit of Avatar of Fire will be to pick up that remaining 10% of cold.

The question for me is, does it make sense to forget about Avatar of Fire and to start using the substantial phys to chaos damage multipliers gained from the flasks; Sin's Rebirth and Atziri's promise (since the loss of AoF will allow for alternate damage types). Or maybe switch out a Kikazaru/Essence Worm ring for a Pyre (which would also give you 100% conversion to fire without AoF).

I'm looking forward to tinkering with this build and am due for a league play break. Once Abyss ends I will start cleaning up this build description, taking into consideration some of the new items/mods from Abyss (and any results from these conversion experiments).

Any questions or suggestions please let me know.
Last edited by Durins_Bane on Feb 19, 2018, 7:16:05 AM
Hey, didnt see if but are you able to make a PoB link?

Considering starting with GC/Frostbolt totem with 100% conversion in 3.2
"
manchildmay wrote:
Hey, didnt see if but are you able to make a PoB link?

Considering starting with GC/Frostbolt totem with 100% conversion in 3.2

https://pastebin.com/nAakJ0zK If you have any build questions let me know.
"
Durins_Bane wrote:

The most interesting change for this build is Ngamahu gaining a 50% phys to fire conversion. Currently, because Glacial Cascade is a 60%/40% split between cold and phys (when discussing how to convert) it makes a lot of sense to pick up Avatar of Fire to both convert the phys to fire and the remaining 10% of cold (that the 50% cold to fire conversion gem leaves behind). Going forward, the only benefit of Avatar of Fire will be to pick up that remaining 10% of cold.

The question for me is, does it make sense to forget about Avatar of Fire and to start using the substantial phys to chaos damage multipliers gained from the flasks; Sin's Rebirth and Atziri's promise (since the loss of AoF will allow for alternate damage types). Or maybe switch out a Kikazaru/Essence Worm ring for a Pyre (which would also give you 100% conversion to fire without AoF).

I'm looking forward to tinkering with this build and am due for a league play break. Once Abyss ends I will start cleaning up this build description, taking into consideration some of the new items/mods from Abyss (and any results from these conversion experiments).

Any questions or suggestions please let me know.

If we forgo AOF and use the phys to chaos or phy gain as chaos or those flasks, would we not lose the benefit of the fire pen gem and the fire pen nodes in the new chieftain ascendencies?

Would using shockwave totems with AOF and the new Ngahamu node be a good alternative? But then we would lose the benefit of the "7-link" soul mantle.
"

If we forgo AOF and use the phys to chaos or phy gain as chaos or those flasks, would we not lose the benefit of the fire pen gem and the fire pen nodes in the new chieftain ascendencies?

Would using shockwave totems with AOF and the new Ngahamu node be a good alternative? But then we would lose the benefit of the "7-link" soul mantle.

Hi there,
The idea would be to drop AoF without dropping any fire damage or fire conversion. This would ensure we continue to take full advantage of pen and all other fire related skills choices. In addition, because we are not forced to use fire damage only, we could add additional damage types (like chaos) for bigger DPS totals.

Any added non-fire damage would not benefit from the pen or fire related skills, but that's ok because it would be net gain in total damage regardless. I may even be willing to allow for some value of less fire damage provided the new damage is enough to compensate for the loss (taking into consideration the loss of pen and multipliers on the new damage type).

I just noticed last night that I have a handful of legacy Pyre rings in Standard that convert 100% of cold damage to fire. This ring would remove the necessity of both AoF and the Cold to Fire conversion gem on this build after the Chieftain is updated. Keeping in mind the Cold to Fire gem has a big damage multiplier attached, using this ring provides a ton of options to experiment with...

I can't provide much input on Shockwave totem as I haven't used that skill. Generally speaking, this new Chieftain conversion ability will make changing any 100% phys damage skills, such as Shockwave totem, to 100% fire damage skills very easy by using AoF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info