Trade Manifesto

GGG as u kno ur trade sit not work at all or so slow that its almost not work... when u make new trade system? anyth else besides ur trade sit pls!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TemjinGold wrote:
While I respect the time it took to write that load of crap in the OP, it is all flat out wrong. I'm sorry you guys have your heads so far up your behinds to realize it when you are wrong but you are driving players and revenue away with such stupid rationale.....

I could not have said it better. One of the best post I've seen here.
So much stubbornness and pretension. So much potential badly exploited.
Like you said, there's nothing like it for now. But the minute there will be, it's done. I can't stand the fact they don't listen to nobody except some youtuber who don't represent the average player base. How serf-important ca you be to f**k up everything without consideration for those who paid.
"
TemjinGold wrote:

It frustrates me to no end that this is at its core a great game. But because developers are so closed minded and unable to see when they are so clearly wrong, this game will not survive. It is fine now as there is no competition but the minute a good game of this type materializes the game will be dead, not over lack of quality but over stupid stubborness and pride.

It will survive, carried by the core game design. The thing that everyone unanimously agrees on is "yeah, the game's good, but a very easy system every other game company has established would make it SO MUCH BETTER!"

The trade site/system needs to be able to pull items from the seller's stash, then put them to a remove-only tab on the buyer. The buyer needs to have the currency to purchase the item in their inventory so it doesn't need to dig through their 100 stash tabs to find the currencies. If people want to haggle and switch currencies around, and the seller is online, they can whisper them like normal.

That's LITERALLY it. Problem fixed, trading is saved. THAT'S LITERALLY IT!

Yes, this is not an overnight job for the devs and is a plenty big project...but also you've had 9 years since release and this should have been at least a side project since people first experienced trading woes.

The fact that we've had zero indication from GGG that anything is being done just blasts a spotlight on the fact that they don't play the normal softcore trade league content that the MAJORITY of their playerbase does. They've never tried buying currency, maps, price gouged uniques, fossils, really any form of currency or item that is CONSTANTLY gouged and DREADED by the ENTIRE playerbase (of softcore-trade).
Mobile games have better trading...
Last edited by Tonst3r on May 27, 2022, 9:27:43 AM
I just had to whisper 27 different people to do a bulk-buy of alteration orbs. Skipped over all the small stock, only whispering people with 200+ who you'd expect would jump on a decent sale.

27 different people. And this is the perfectly normal amount.

The cost per at the top of the list (skipping the 2 obvious bogus posts) is 7 alts per chaos. I ended up getting them for 4.22 because of how far down I went.

Not only is everything about this literal trash, but also impossible to know what your product is worth when there's a 50% variance in price simply because of an antiquated list.
Mobile games have better trading...
messaging 20+ people for trade is normal. a normal pain in the ass which takes away from playing. but, the absolute worst part is when you finally get a party invite, go to the sellers' hideout and there's a long pause waiting for the trade request. then you get kicked from the party and the seller leaves. no words. just leaves you hanging, wondering, WTF???? or, after the long delay, you get told it was priced wrong. price checking an item during the potential sale is what a loser does and they get instantly ignored by me. if it's listed, it should be sold for the listed price. this is one of many reasons this game desperately needs a trade database wipe for every single league start.

if GGG genuinely cared about their players, they would communicate with them better.

"
Chris wrote:
Communication is Important
At Grinding Gear Games, we've always treated communication with the community as a priority.

maybe GGG is using a different definition of the word "priority" than the rest of the planet.

"
Chris wrote:
It's also a great place to discuss specific design philosophies that we base many of our decisions around

in those 2 quotes, there are 2 words that are pretty big. "communication" and "discuss". neither of which GGG understand the meaning of. it's what this forum is for. engage with the people that freely give you money. honestly, what are you scared of?
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
[Removed by Support]

If something is priced wrong, people certainly have the opportunity to reprice it and ask for more. Don't think you can get multiple exalt worth items for chaos when some noob priced the item wrong. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Ian_GGG on May 28, 2022, 2:23:33 PM
"
Jaylock24 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

If something is priced wrong, people certainly have the opportunity to reprice it and ask for more. Don't think you can get multiple exalt worth items for chaos when some noob priced the item wrong. [Removed by Support]

what would happen if you go to the store, pick up the items you want to buy, then get told that it was all priced wrong even though the price was on each item and the store told you they now wanted more for each item. and it's not just noobs that price wrong. if trade got reset every league, this would not be an issue with long forgotten and underpriced items.

what do you think a player does when an item is priced for multiple exalts when it's now only worth a few chaos but gets a trade whisper and a player is willing to spend the exalts. the seller says nothing and just takes what it's priced for instead of offering it at the lower price that it's currently worth.

in most cases, the seller checks the price after being whispered for trade, sees that it's now worth more and you just get kicked from the party and they leave saying nothing at all.

if it's listed for a price that is outdated, then keep up with what you have for sale or don't bother selling things at all if you are going to price check after being whispered. that alone is one of the biggest issues with trade
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
"
Jaylock24 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

what would happen if you go to the store, pick up the items you want to buy, then get told that it was all priced wrong even though the price was on each item and the store told you they now wanted more for each item. and it's not just noobs that price wrong. if trade got reset every league, this would not be an issue with long forgotten and underpriced items.

what do you think a player does when an item is priced for multiple exalts when it's now only worth a few chaos but gets a trade whisper and a player is willing to spend the exalts. the seller says nothing and just takes what it's priced for instead of offering it at the lower price that it's currently worth.

in most cases, the seller checks the price after being whispered for trade, sees that it's now worth more and you just get kicked from the party and they leave saying nothing at all.

if it's listed for a price that is outdated, then keep up with what you have for sale or don't bother selling things at all if you are going to price check after being whispered. that alone is one of the biggest issues with trade

Your view on trading is completely skewed, probably the worst take I've seen tbh. I guess that's just how standard players are when they complain about prices being wrong from leagues carrying over though, and players have every right to decide not to sell something whenever they want. One MASSIVE reason is that you really never know if you're listing something correctly because there are sooo many damn price fixers. Second is the fact this isn't a damn store, it's a bartering for items between two people.

Now for the real issues, the amount of bots and people price-fixing (listing something with no intent to sell intentionally at low prices) is a massive issue that should be looked at and a solution be found.

The best example of this is someone lists a mageblood for 150chaos (or multiple people working together listing a lot at the same price), turns on /dnd and keeps it listed for hours hoping some noob ie: what the guy I quoted would love to happen, sells one for 150c because the noob saw others listed for that price.
Last edited by Aroused1 on Jun 4, 2022, 11:33:43 AM
"
Aroused1 wrote:
The best example of this is someone lists a mageblood for 150chaos (or multiple people working together listing a lot at the same price), turns on /dnd and keeps it listed for hours hoping some noob ie: what the guy I quoted would love to happen, sells one for 150c because the noob saw others listed for that price.

no. that is not what i mean and i'm far from being a noob which people like you label newer players. no matter how you look at it, everyone was new at some point

i'm talking about people that list items during the league in standard and not items that are carried over and then change the price or just kick you from the party and leave while telling you nothing. if GGG would get smart and make prices binding to the sale then none of this would even be an issue with price fixers and losers that list with no intention of selling
Sorry, but i prefer pay higher prices to buy items instead opening a browser and waste minutes of my life.
The actual system of trading its dogshit.

Lets go think about a majority of players that dont have bots selling and buying. These bots need to be banished. A auction house system will allow to track more effective the botters, why not put a captcha after a many trades going on?

The QOL benefits the gameplay we can enjoy the grinding more time and not waste to much time trying to buy frags, maps, scarabs. This enable more casual players to play. Nothing better than put items in a store and wake up with chaos and ex in stash :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info