Trade Manifesto

I feel like most of the frustration comes from trying to frustrate both the seller and the buyer.

Its annoying buying things because people are in maps and they don't want to leave maps if its not a multiple exalts trade, so they just don't reply, frustraging the buyer and forcing you to buy something either more expensive or not the exact item you wanted to in the first place. Although this is great for gear optimization, its frustrating having to message 20 people every piece of gear you need.

Even more annoying is selling things, I prefer to list things cheaper and get rid of them faster, but every time I am in maps doing the grinding for gear thing, I get interrupted and have to either ignore the seller, or drop out of my map using a portal I might need to complete the expensive map I juiced.

I understand buying things should not be too easy, but why do you make selling things this hard, couldn't we get a popup in game saying "soandso wants to buy thisitem for monies" With a popup to either "accept" , "reject" or "reply"
Upon clicking accept you get the currency in your special shiny new "Marketplace" tab and the buyer gets the item in the same tab.

Now the buyer is happy because he got his item which took a while to search for, and the seller can go on his merry way killing things to his hearts content not having to wait for people leave the party, not show up or struggle to figure out that ancient orbs are not chaos orbs

Can't GGG and the community meet in the middle with this? Even if its just a trial run for one week or one league to see how it would work?
Weird reasoning in the original post. Basically, the summary seems to be: "Trading is important, but we want to limit its importance, so we're striving to make it as annoying as possible."

Off the top of my head, I believe I have a far less irritating solution.

Limited trading: Each <account/character> has a certain amount of trades each <day/week/month/levelup/league/whatever>. Maybe different amounts of trades allowed for each category of item as well. And so, searching for items, and buying and selling them, can be done instantaneously while making each trade meaningful.
Want to give stuff away? Sure! But now it's account bound to the recipient. Gifting resources could have a limit and/or timer as well.

Could use some tweaking but I'd rather deal with a system like that then the current headache.

Speaking of headaches, I finally got around to trying the game yesterday. Was enjoying myself, getting prepared to kill the Act I boss, when someone in chat mentioned the league thing, which I was currently in, was ending in ten hours. Man, do I have great timing or what? Just been reading the updates, while waiting to start from scratch, which is what brought me here.
It's understandable to not want trades to be automated(from the developers point), but i think the trade thing could also be implemented into the game... that alone would make things A LOT less frustrating. I really hate tapping out of the game, then copy something and tap back in and so on.... it simply sucks.

If the whole search would be ingame, this would also save a lot of time but still don't let trades be automated(or at least, it wouldn't make it worse)

[Removed by Support] Hampering trade by making it a pain in the ass is NOT a solution to make your game more "hardcore". Chris Wilson, if you hate trading so much just fking remove it and make everything SSF. Otherwise make it easy for those who WANT to trade because right now we have the worst of both worlds.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Aug 17, 2022, 5:30:15 PM
"
Raziel_za wrote:
I feel like most of the frustration comes from trying to frustrate both the seller and the buyer.

Its annoying buying things because people are in maps and they don't want to leave maps if its not a multiple exalts trade, so they just don't reply, frustraging the buyer and forcing you to buy something either more expensive or not the exact item you wanted to in the first place. Although this is great for gear optimization, its frustrating having to message 20 people every piece of gear you need.

Even more annoying is selling things, I prefer to list things cheaper and get rid of them faster, but every time I am in maps doing the grinding for gear thing, I get interrupted and have to either ignore the seller, or drop out of my map using a portal I might need to complete the expensive map I juiced.

I understand buying things should not be too easy, but why do you make selling things this hard, couldn't we get a popup in game saying "soandso wants to buy thisitem for monies" With a popup to either "accept" , "reject" or "reply"
Upon clicking accept you get the currency in your special shiny new "Marketplace" tab and the buyer gets the item in the same tab.

Now the buyer is happy because he got his item which took a while to search for, and the seller can go on his merry way killing things to his hearts content not having to wait for people leave the party, not show up or struggle to figure out that ancient orbs are not chaos orbs

Can't GGG and the community meet in the middle with this? Even if its just a trial run for one week or one league to see how it would work?

OMG awesome idea !
Add an object for your hideout, item display, which you can assign with your trade tab. Person that wants to buy anything from it can press the button on the trade site to join your hideout, he joins, picks wanted item, pays the listed price, possibly browsing what else you got there for sell and leaves. This will work even when you're offline.

Pros:
* No automation - person still needs to join your hideout to pick up the item.
* You don't need to leave your map for trade, so your gameplay is not interrupted.
* You don't need to sit AFK in your hideout with PoE minimized to only have your trades be listed. People can buy your stuff even when you're sleeping, so more trades and currency for people who are not playing 24/7. And your hideout gets more exposure as well!
* No need to wait for seller to answer. He listed the item you need - you just go and get it.
* No pricefixers. If they list the item for low price - anyone can get it.

For buyer you can add this new ui feature to highlight the item he joined for.
You can add an interface button for people that joined to access the trade tab instantly, if they dont want to look for that object to click, or to avoid possible trolling from hideout owners.
And so on.

I hope someone from GGG will read this.
Right now trading is frustrating experience, and it keeps you from actually playing the game, making you waste your time and hate yourself for doing it. We want to kill monsters, not stalling!
"
jilted88 wrote:
Spoiler
Add an object for your hideout, item display, which you can assign with your trade tab. Person that wants to buy anything from it can press the button on the trade site to join your hideout, he joins, picks wanted item, pays the listed price, possibly browsing what else you got there for sell and leaves. This will work even when you're offline.

Pros:
* You don't need to leave your map for trade, so your gameplay is not interrupted.
* You don't need to sit AFK in your hideout with PoE minimized to only have your trades be listed. People can buy your stuff even when you're sleeping, so more trades and currency for people who are not playing 24/7. And your hideout gets more exposure as well!
* No need to wait for seller to answer. He listed the item you need - you just go and get it.

You can add an interface button for people that joined to access the trade tab instantly, if they dont want to look for that object to click, or to avoid possible trolling from hideout owners.
And so on.

Right now trading is frustrating experience, and it keeps you from actually playing the game, making you waste your time and hate yourself for doing it. We want to kill monsters, not stalling!

That removes all the opportunity cost of selling items. Which is the whole reason why they want trade this way. If there is no cost to selling items, then you will quickly find that all your 1c - 30c items tank down to close to 1 alch prices. This is because currently many players don't sell these items, as they would prefer to keep mapping and not to be interrupted.

This is just one example of why having cost associated with selling and buying is beneficial to the game. Not having any cost quickly widens the gap between the very wealthy and the very poor in-game, and makes it much harder to progress for the majority of players.
Spoiler
"
Kanye_West wrote:
"
jilted88 wrote:
Spoiler

Pros:

And so on.

That removes all the opportunity cost of selling items. Which is the whole reason why they want trade this way. If there is no cost to selling items, then you will quickly find that all your 1c - 30c items tank down to close to 1 alch prices. This is because currently many players don't sell these items, as they would prefer to keep mapping and not to be interrupted.

This is just one example of why having cost associated with selling and buying is beneficial to the game. Not having any cost quickly widens the gap between the very wealthy and the very poor in-game, and makes it much harder to progress for the majority of players.

I'd prefer having the 1 alch prices but actually making trades, rather than still not having 1c, only wasted time and frustration.
Having to sift through the price fixers, to buy 10 chromes and spamming all the people otherwise you spend 15 minutes waiting... is fun to you?

Seriously, fast trade made automatic would have the same issue there is right now, people cornering the market but they wouldn't be able to artificially raise the price as much without big investment.

Right now if you buy a tiny portion of a currency, you can set it up at trading with a low price and never actually sell it. Then you buy the rest when the newer players put it to undercut your crazy low sell point. Repeat that with alot of different accounts and you can control the price of a currency and randomly augment the price at will. With instant trades, that problem is still there, somewhat, but you don't have waste time messaging every scalpers to buy 10 chromes.

It's a matter of how fun it is to message 15 people and have one be skipped cause you can't be arsed to wait 3 minutes between message, since alot of them are scalpers.

for the point where people gets upgrade easily .... that's the fucking point of the game, please play your game a bit and you'll understand the frustrations.
The point is that it ends up being that no one wants to trade those items anyway, since they are either mapping and can't be fucked at the time, or post them and never trade since it's not beneficial to actually do it. Hence them being cheap and accessible is better than them being not cheap and never sold in the first place. The trade system should have a drawback, a tax (perendus coin i'm looking at you) or maximum size, but it should be easier than sifting through 15 scalpers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info