Trade Manifesto

"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
if we want the game to be about skill

What kind of skill do you imply?
like physical skill? reflexes and such?
or mind skill? like a class building or deep understanding of game's mechanics?
"
GaerBrehn wrote:
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
if we want the game to be about skill

What kind of skill do you imply?
like physical skill? reflexes and such?
or mind skill? like a class building or deep understanding of game's mechanics?

Trade league and SSF are not even the same game when it comes to understanding how you need to behave to get to your goals.

One is about how players can exploit other players and the other is about how one player alone can apply all mechanics and knowledge to succeed.

There's a reason all races are made on SSF Hardcore.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
im not really sure about what the big deal is about trading. Trade boards are fun in any game and I myself could spend hours on a trade board, i just like doing it.

Im on xbox so its fairly easy for us to trade but I do not think folks should be penalized for trading, because that is what is happening if you make if more difficult to trade really.

Make it simple, make it easy and painless. Who really cares if this person got their items of the trade board. Its all about fun in the end and some folks find it fun just to buy good items off the trade board and then go wrecking maps.

To each their own.
Transform your "Bulk Item Exchange" into a in-game auction house... just that for one league, if players hates ok just remove...

players that don't like trade are already playing ssf, so what is the point for not adding the auction house in game? give the players to really experience that and chose if they like it or not.

and btw, if u guys really "love" players interactions remove that shitty api/trade website and stick with the trade chat.. it became better then spamming 20 players to do one trade.
Last edited by sydperplex on May 5, 2022, 2:42:41 PM
"
sydperplex wrote:

players that don't like trade are already playing ssf, so what is the point for not adding the auction house in game? give the players to really experience that and chose if they like it or not.

Exactly that. And on top of that, it's not a tremendous amount of work you would have to put into it as those systems already exists on consoles. Just adapt it to the PC realm, and that's that.

We all know what is your opinion on trade... BUT, you have to also uderstand, that trade as it is now is horrible, it's an awful experience when you have to whisper a message to 20+ ppl (or bots) to trade something. It's frustrating and not well designed at all. Where do you see players interactions in trade?? U whisper already prepared message that you copy from the website and paste in game. seller inv you to party, buyer teleports to the HO, trade and you say bb. Very often doing all that via script. You call that "player interactions"? If yes then you've never been interacting with other people.

If you don't want auction house, design your trading system in a way that forces people to talk to each other and interact! Because as it is now it's not interacting and certainly it's not fun
Last edited by Dezkiel on May 6, 2022, 4:50:40 PM
we need shop in this game trading by website is suck dick hard.
Just rq'd because i forgot you have to trade with other players, cbf.
Just echoing others..

Trading in Path of Exile currently is horrible. Rewriting (copypasting prewritten WTBs) 10s sometimes 100s of times before you get what you need and the incessant price fixing and scam attempts make me want to vomit.

You have one of, if not THE best game on the market currently and it's just totally eclipsed by this completely off the mark sentiment of 'player interaction', which again, is just mostly player to bot interaction at best and at worst players purposely ignoring whispers to price fix and abuse the shoddy system you guys have in place.

Edit: I wish it worked the way it's envisioned by the way. Having players message each other and haggle over prices makes me warm and fuzzy inside. I play(ed) Everquest since 1999 and that game had no form of AH for a long long time, but even they eventually had to add one due to the same exact problems that we see here.
Last edited by Binary_Star on May 23, 2022, 9:01:07 PM
While I respect the time it took to write that load of crap in the OP, it is all flat out wrong. I'm sorry you guys have your heads so far up your behinds to realize it when you are wrong but you are driving players and revenue away with such stupid rationale.

Easy trade does NOT suddenly mean there is no iterative upgrade process. Whether someone iterates has a lot more to do with planning their character and let's not kid ourselves, NO ONE other than noobs who don't know what they are doing uses any items they pick up off the ground. No one. Stop telling yourself this fantasy over and over that people upgrade that way. It doesn't work.

Go ahead and massively lower drop rates in return for easy trade. Because no one is finding anything useful on the ground either way. The best items are made, not found, and reducing drop rates or increasing them will not do this.

It frustrates me to no end that this is at its core a great game. But because developers are so closed minded and unable to see when they are so clearly wrong, this game will not survive. It is fine now as there is no competition but the minute a good game of this type materializes the game will be dead, not over lack of quality but over stupid stubborness and pride.

"
TemjinGold wrote:

Go ahead and massively lower drop rates in return for easy trade. Because no one is finding anything useful on the ground either way. The best items are made, not found, and reducing drop rates or increasing them will not do this.
If they really say what you said, then they are lying to themselves. Each new league, they create more currency for crafting items for the character, instead of making changes to the drop mechanics.
P.S.
BTW trade site still not working(if you dont read reddit).
Last edited by ToraYoko on May 26, 2022, 3:13:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info