Trade Manifesto

Dear GGG,

im a casual gamer and i like the game.
Everybody is asking for a simple trade system like an auction house.
Its not unthinkable to do so based on the amount of currency that is in the game at this moment.

We just want you to know that we as a player base want a simple and easy way to trade with one and another without the trouble of getting a lot of PM`s when we are doing quest, maps, and everything else thats core.

We want to enjoy the game, and yes its very nice to have interaction with other players around the world, but they also just want the gear and keep going on playing.

So please look into a good way of having a nice interaction wihtout the delay.

thanks for reading

Drommel

"
Easy trade reduces the number of times a character improves their items.
People who are heavily engaged in trade perform fewer item upgrades to achieve their final build. They get there in fewer steps, because they can easily buy items that are close to what they need. Simply put, their character progression is more about trading than it is about getting items from monsters. We believe that it is more fun to slowly and iteratively upgrade a character over time and to have a longer journey to gear a character up. Knowing that a monster could drop something that improves your character is a great motivator for playing one more level!

If you believe in game mechanics it is not an issue. Suppose that you have a dungeon which you can do once a week and drops 1 good item each week. Can players get abusive drops? Do they quit in a week? Its just an example. Developers can add features and can handle drops easy. POE is NOT a trade simulator its a arpg (at least you claim that)

"
Easy trade means reducing drop rates
Compare two hypothetical games. In the first game, trade is very difficult. The majority of items that can't be used by your character are not traded to other people. In the second game, trade is very easy. Many of the items that you can't use are traded to other people for items that you can. In the second game, because of trade, you have a much higher acquisition rate of useful items. While that sounds great if you want instant gratification, in reality it means that the second game either receives reduced drop rates relative to the first, or ends up being a whole lot easier and less challenging to achieve goals in.

Not not even close logic. You need to control trade by drop not making stupid trade junk(system you call it). Your answer to provide proper gaming experience is making trading painful? Really? GAME=FUN, JOB=PAIN(RMTers trade system) Do not considering proper drop and craft success rate STABLE : not high at the beginning of the league and terrible at the end? STABLE. And all items put AH can be accessed by players any time if trade is not cancelled by owner. No one can stockpile items and sell them 2X-10x than usual at the end because there are many items and not enough currency to buy them all?

"
Easy trade would make the disparity between different players too great
Both of the above points are even worse when you consider that the level of engagement with trade varies substantially from player to player. Most players who play Path of Exile never trade. Out of the players who do trade, most only complete a few trades in a league. The subset of players who regularly trade strongly overlaps with our core reddit and forum communities. Chances are, if you're reading this, then you're one of the top 10% of players in terms of engagement with advanced systems. The difference in magnitude of trading (and hence item acquisition and progress) between non/low-traders and heavy traders is gigantic. While a regular player would be lucky to accumulate a small handful of Exalted Orbs in a league, a trader might reach hundreds in the same timeframe. This enables them to fully-gear Shaper-capable characters while the non-trader is still in mid-tier maps or lower.

I think its a joke. I have met many players sitting at level 85-90ish and still trading and RMTing exalts even at the end of the league. Player who enjoys the game PLAYS the game, RMTers just trades and sell exalts. To whom you are developing POE? streamers? RMT bots? or we players? Its true only RMT bots aganist proper trade platforms and they are yelling aganist it we players just quit. Trading earning should be a tip worth and not exceed playing earnings. Only this brings players to POE not the other way. And only this kicks RMTers from POE, your way brings more RMT bots.
Last edited by tkots8080 on Jul 4, 2021, 1:18:02 PM
Do they even read this the replies on these threads?

Edit:

So after reading the whole thing, GGG will pretty much continue to place the burden on legit players instead of improving gameplay and increase their efforts to fight against bots ^^

Sure trading is important, even more considering that the current loot system is trash on top of trash, and It's so much loot that without filters the game would be literally unplayable, with this loot system I rather just farm currency and purchase gear, but I thought us, players, were supposed to be amazed by the awesome loot that dropped?

This is like, a snowball rolling down a hill, one terrible system connected to another terrible system and adding up.

Edit: I think for now the best thing players can do is just stop purchasing support packs and MTX, It's the only way, vote with your wallet....
Pff, who even plays Standard?
Last edited by ZarkBit on Jul 6, 2021, 10:28:08 AM
I believe they read the threads, but I feel GGG doesn't know how to handle the repercussions of a bot wave ban. The botters are addicts, they buy mtx on the real accounts, they do rmt and bot on the mules and these in-turn generate revenue/gp for the company.

GGG probably have increased sales targets every year after being acquired by Tencent.

Bots are clearly against TOS no matter how you look at it and nothing is really done aside from putting in those "bot limitation" rules (which are ineffective at best) in an attempt to render bots unless(barely works, i've been seeing some bots with the same gibberish names from the past league)

The sales target is clearly a big factor why they are hesitant to remove botters.

About the AH and other QOL features, its never going to happen like it or not.
Poe is a one man philosophy and will stay that way. It may happen in the china servers since they have little to no jurisdiction over the direction there, but it will never get implemented here.
Honestly at this point I hope there will be more and more bots around. At least you can get items from them instead of having to whisper 30 players to get one reply.
Very disappointing comments about the Trade system in the announcement Q&A. Chris basically said he doesn't care and wants players to struggle, to be difficult to trade items, instead of fixing the amount of good items that drop. I really don't like this philosophy going forward and I pretty much know that even if this new league will be better, I will probably still quit in the mid-tier maps period when I have to upgrade my gear to stay relevant and I'll have to deal with the trade hurdles.
trade is simple to fix.

first and foremost, wipe all trade data every league. this will almost stop the sometimes endless out of league trade requests.

this will also remove the trade items that are completely and obviously not for sale that are listed by the "look what i have" people.

this will also greatly help the game economy so if you want to sell it, relist it as i'm sure MANY players are tired of having to weed out the year old listings.

this will also reduce the overall load on the server that is hosting the trade data as the larger the database is, the more work the server has to do to search for the requested info as well as speed the entire process up.

it will also help other things not listed by only doing this one thing and it's as simple as purging that specific database with a single line of code executed at the start of every league.

it's something that badly needs to be done. but, if GGG don't want to do this, they will end up having a crash at some point due to trade server overload. it's just a matter of time till it happens.

if you say it will never happen, you are wrong. i've been working with databases for years and know for a fact that the more streamlined and smaller you can keep the database, the better overall for the players and server.

it however will not fix the ignorant players that just ignore you or list items that will never trade.
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
There are so many things that could be done to just make players' lives less miserable.

1.) Trade window popup with Accept/Decline to not need to exit a map for 1-10c trades, etc;
2.) Time limit for fixed price listings, after which the item is removed from the listing and has to be put back in manually again. For example, depending on the price range, it could be 1 hour for 1-5c, 6 hours for 5-10c, 24 hours for 10-50c, and so on. Maybe Ex+ items could be allowed for 1 week tops;
3.) Add the ability to report price fixers from the Trade website via a Report button. Once a certain amount of reports are received on a user, a moderator will verify if they're price fixing or bots and possibly ban them.
2021 players still ask for better trade system. sending pm for 100 users not so fun you know.
"
ariyako wrote:
2021 players still ask for better trade system. sending pm for 100 users not so fun you know.
Spoiler

They're just still naive.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info